hey guys,

so only just now am i really seriously going for getting some blues, though i have a small handful of songs. i have immense respect for blues artists, but coming from a punk/hardcore and metal background, i don't really get it alot.

but i do know EXACTLY what i'm looking for.

first off, i love SRV as an influential musician. i don't like his music at all. every song i've heard sounds too "southern", it sounds too upbeat compared to what i want. "pride and joy" is exactly the type of song i don't want: it's more rock-ey than bluesey. i'm not a huge fan of anything southerney in general. in fact, im not a fan at all.

im looking for really kinda mellow, slow stuff, though just more mellow in general. john mayer is a good example, but a really good example of what i like (so far) is Getaway Car, by Audioslave ( not even a blues band, lol, but i like them and that song ALOT).

any suggestions? i was thinking maybe bb king and albert collins for a starter?
Quote by SeveralSpecies
Btw, I don't spell it doughnut, because that spells duff-nut.
You like SRV as a musician, but not the upbeatness/southerness he's assosiated with? Check out Albert King, you seem like someone that would really like. He was SRV's biggest influence, but Albert plays slow blues.
Current Rig>>Jackson Phil Collin Signature Guitar/Ibanez Artcore>>>Modded Dunlop Crybaby>>>TS-9DXModded>>>Rat kit>>Octavia>>CE-20>>DD-7>>>Musicaman HD-120
Maybe some Clapton as well. I don't know man. You dont like the Southerness part? Where you think the blues was born boy? Anyways check out some Robert Cray or John Mayall. Maybe some of the British Blues is what your looking for. "The Thrill is Gone" is a Bb King song that isn't upbeat, if that is the sort of thing that you are after.
Lyke OMgz!1 wtf! lolz!1one

BB King - Guess Who

¤´¨留話 請留話 請在我說完後
¸.•´¸.•´¨¸.•¤¨哭泣我不在這裡 我不在那裡請在嗶一聲之後留
(¸.•´ (¸.•´ .•´(´¸.•¤´`¤下自己的秘密請在嗶一聲之後對話筒沾自喜請在嗶一聲之後對空氣唉聲嘆氣

我不在這裡 我人在哪裡 我想到哪裡¤

請在嗶一聲之後留下有聲的話題¤

請在嗶一聲之後分擔感情的問題¤

¤¤¤

B.B. King's cd: "Live at the Regal."

and

You don't get into the blues, The blues gets into you.
Amp:
Fender Blues Jr (GH1230 Celestion Speaker)
Pedals
Barber DD
Wilson WH-10 Clone
Ibanez WH10 V2

Pitchblack Tuner
Boss DD-3
Guitars: 06' Custom Fender Strat Lindy Fralin Blues Specials, Callaham Tremolo
09' Olympic White Stratocaster
Quote by The Master Plan
B.B. King's cd: "Live at the Regal."

and

You don't get into the blues, The blues gets into you.

well, both...

but, for slow blues, albert king and bb king are awesome,
Quote by deluxity
well, both...

but, for slow blues, albert king and bb king are awesome,

Albert King will sting yeh with his killer blues man
If you don't like the southern sound then you'd probably prefer chicago-style blues. Buddy Guy, Robert Cray, Freddie King, etc.
Getting so fed up with these threads, why can't people search? There must be hundreds of these introduction things by now!
Quote by Mia (Pulp Fiction)
Why do we feel it's necessary to yak about bullsh*t in order to be comfortable?

That's when you know you found somebody special. When you can just shut the f*ck up for a minute, and comfortably share silence.

RateYourMusic