EDIT: Shes NOT my teacher, sorry, I didn't explain myself.

I hope rants are somewhat allowed on this forum... But it can be a discussion...

Okay, so I was just going through some of my music, making a cd for my math teacher of music to put on his computer to play during class. So anyways, I was listening to some Alice In Chains, Audioslave, Bon Jovi, Red Hot Chili Peppers, 3 Doors Down, Ben Harper, Big Wreck, Black Label Society. Stuff like that, anyways.. She continued to tell me my tastes in music were shit. And went on to saying things like "You know, for someone who plays guitar really good, or atleast says he can play really good, you sure have a shitty taste in music" Okay, for one, I've never said I was good at playing, I just go as it goes, play with my friends etc. I said, so you think Bon Jovi, Audioslave, Black Label Society and Alice In Chains are shit? Shes like, not Bon Jovi, they rock, but Alice In Chains are shit, and Audioslave really isn't that good either. So I went on to saying, you know maybe you should expand your music horizons into something other than just GNR. You know, this came out of nowhere. And people like this piss me off. For one, I don't just listen to bands if they have amazing musicians in them, some have good feeling without having incredible solos you know. And blaming my guitar playing on what music I listen to isn't the way to go either. It's just a really stupid thing to say. It's funny because, just a week ago she was telling me how great I was at guitar.

So any of you had any wierd experiences like this? Where someone intends to pwn you but comes out sounding really stupid? I don't know if I explained that very good... Oh well. Heres some of the conversation.

Her: wow, you sure do seem to have a terrible taste in music for someone who claims to be the best guitarist.. or at least likes to think so.
Me: What?
Me: Why do you say that?
Me: Fyi
Me: I like alot of music
Her: i doint know, it seems like your all full of yourself cause you can play guitar and stuff but then your musical taste is pretty shitty.
Me: LMFAO
Her: im not even joking.
Me: You think bon jovies shitty?
Me: And Black Label Society?
Me: Big Wreck?
Me: Ben Harper?
Her: Bon Jovi owns
Me: Alter Bridge, Alice In Chains, Audioslave?
Her: im just saying, most of the music is shit
Her: alice in chains are shit
Me: LMFAO
Her: and audioslave isnt even that good.
Me: I think you need to expand to something more than GNR and RHCP
Me: and my taste in music has nothing to do with my guitar playing
Her: i dont even like rhcp?
Her: haha i know,
Me: When you can play guitar better than me
Me: Tell me
Me: Please
Me: I never said i was great at guitar.
Me: Not once.

I know, I type alot of lines, i've recently gotten into the habit...

Anywho yes, that's my story. If you need to mods, close it, I just needed to get a little something out.
Last edited by AthenasGhost at Feb 12, 2007,
1.) Yes, a lot of people don't like the music I like either. You won't be able to change them.
2.) You don't need to keep making [me:] things if it's still you talking.

edit: @ responses
-[NiL]-
Last edited by thesublime at Feb 12, 2007,
Quote by Rambo-Conny
Okay.

Bye bye to you too!

Happy Valetines day?

Quote by thesublime
1.) Yes, a lot of people don't like the music I like either. You won't be able to change them.
2.) You don't need to keep making [me:] things if it's still you talking.

I know, I know. But that's how the convo went down, I didn't feel like changing it...
Quote by AthenasGhost

Her: and audioslave isnt even that good.

report her to the principal!
████████████████████████████
███████████████████████████
█████████████████████████
██████████████████████████
your teacher said shitty? cool.

anyway, no. my teachers actually have good taste in music, and they think i'm good at guitar.
Quote by steven seagull
There are no boring scales, just boring guitarists.

Quote by convictionless
dude calebrocker, that first song on your list almost made me cry
11/10
you win my good sir

^ My For Mom cover

Check out my MP3s!!
do you like, tålk to her over the internets? weird shit.
A Seven Nation army couldn't hold me back.
Arr, GnR fans. They have this thing for thinking Slash is better than any guitar player ever. Sort of like Zeppelin fans.
You actually said "LMFAO"

Fag.
And if ever You come near, I will hold up high a mirror.
Lord, I could never show you anything as beautiful as You.
ure teacher said shit?
<Raven> I got so baked last night
<Raven> that I WOKE UP high o_o
<Raven> Do you have any idea how euphoric that is?
<Raven> I felt like I was being born.
Wow, I never once knew teachers would claim to say 'sh.it' as much as yours does, or to think that someone would use LMFAO in front of one. Good day.
"Guitarmen, wake up and pluck wire for sound, let 'em hear you play"
-Charlie Christian
"You have to give people something to dream on"
-Jimi Hendrix
"I try to make any guitar do what I want it to do"
-Slash
Ok... Who cares ? You haven't done better than you're teacher. And why would you give a **** about what she thinks ? She's your teacher, not your GF.
My gear:
-Ibanez JS 6000 Custom w/ 11-48 gauge
-Ibanez FGM 400BB w/ 10-46 gauge
-Peavey 6505 2x12 Combo
-MXR Phase 90
-Boss DD-6 Digital Delay
-Morley Wah/Volume Pro Series II
-Boss CS-3 Compression Sustainer
-Gator G-Bus 8
-Xotic BB Preamp
Wow, you and your math teacher sound pretty close...
Is it a bad thing if one of your testicles is larger then the other two?
WHAT WHAT.... I'm so sorry.

I'm sorry, okay, shes not my teacher, I forgot to say who the other person was, the girl I was actually arguing with is one grade lower than me, I'm in grade 9, shes in 8. My teacher likes the music on the cd.. I'm sorry everyone lol.
Half of those bands suck anyways.

And believe me, my musical verizons are more expanded then your mother's ass cheeks when I pull out.
my teacher called me a ****en stoner today.... but the bottom line is... who cares what your teachers think about you
And before he died, Taran-Ish had scrawled upon the altar of chrysolite with coarse shaky strokes the sign of DOOM.
Quote by AthenasGhost
WHAT WHAT.... I'm so sorry.

I'm sorry, okay, shes not my teacher, I forgot to say who the other person was, the girl I was actually arguing with is one grade lower than me, I'm in grade 9, shes in 8. My teacher likes the music on the cd.. I'm sorry everyone lol.

Three way?
Is it a bad thing if one of your testicles is larger then the other two?
Well a couple of things here are just plain wrong to me:

#1: That a teacher (I think you said a math teacher) would be negative towards a student. Teachers are suppose to be positive and encourage growth and knowledge, so if this teacher was putting down your guitar abilities or musical taste, thats just wrong.

#2. Did she really cuss during your discussion? If so I would report her and have a talk with the principle. Even though this has nothing to do with your math education, this is now way to treat a student and I think for reason #2 and #1 the teacher deserves a wake up call.

#3. Yeah it makes no sense to say that because every song you put on the mix didn't have an amazing solo, your playing is crappy. Thats like saying, "Oh you like to eat Cheesesteaks, you must not be a very good cook."
first off, yea you have a really weird teacher. and most of the bands you mentioned i dont like, just because u think a band is the greatest ever doesnt mean they really are or that everyone should think the same way as you. i mean, when i was 11 i thought that green day was the best band on the planet. and do you have something against G'nR and RHCP? cause in my opinion, those are two of the greatest bands ever.

just my thoughts on your ranting
Gear:
Gibson Les Paul Studio
Fender MIM strat with dimarzio pups
JCM800
Egnater Rebel 30
Takamine Acoustic
tons of pedals
Quote by C.C. Deville
ure teacher said shit?

its not uncommon. My Irish teacher would curse all the time.
Quote by phillyguitar

#1: That a teacher (I think you said a math teacher) would be negative towards a student. Teachers are suppose to be positive and encourage growth and knowledge, so if this teacher was putting down your guitar abilities or musical taste, thats just wrong.

#2. Did she really cuss during your discussion? If so I would report her and have a talk with the principle. Even though this has nothing to do with your math education, this is now way to treat a student and I think for reason #2 and #1 the teacher deserves a wake up call.

#3. Yeah it makes no sense to say that because every song you put on the mix didn't have an amazing solo, your playing is crappy. Thats like saying, "Oh you like to eat Cheesesteaks, you must not be a very good cook."

phillyguitar wins
-[NiL]-
Quote by oZone_TNS
its not uncommon. My Irish teacher would curse all the time.

Thats because she's Irish, and if she wasn't starting a fight, she was probably drunk.
Quote by phobiafreak949
first off, yea you have a really weird teacher. and most of the bands you mentioned i dont like, just because u think a band is the greatest ever doesnt mean they really are or that everyone should think the same way as you. i mean, when i was 11 i thought that green day was the best band on the planet. and do you have something against G'nR and RHCP? cause in my opinion, those are two of the greatest bands ever.

just my thoughts on your ranting

Shes not my teacher! lol!!!

Okay, I know, everyone has their oppinion, and honestly. If she would have come up to my, and said. I personally don't like those bands you listen to (Gives reasons) I would be nice. But no, she had to also had to try and add my guitar playing into there, just plain up say that those bands are shitty. That's not how your supposed to voice your oppinion. No, I love GNR and RHCP. I mean, I found out she doesn't like RHCP, she likes Zepellin which I also don't have anything else against. But it's all she ever talks about, shes in love with that one band GNR. She listens to it 24/7. That's the thing, she doesn't really listen to alot of music but she just comes straight up and says the music I listen to is shitty? Shes probably only heard one or two songs from Audioslave and Alice In Chains anyways. Voicing your oppinion and being nice about it is one thing, being cocky about it is another.

Now i'm off to watch 24, cya around all!
Last edited by AthenasGhost at Feb 12, 2007,
Quote by phillyguitar

aha you havent met my shop teacher...... i wouldnt think most teachers would swear or put down a student either till i met this guy. Its all in good fun though. And he lets me leave class to get high sometimes so we all get along quite well.
And before he died, Taran-Ish had scrawled upon the altar of chrysolite with coarse shaky strokes the sign of DOOM.
Quote by Rambo-Conny
How would you know? One thing might lead to the other.
If she was his GF, he wouldnt be posting some lame ass shit about a girl arguing with his musical tastes, he'd be banging her.
My gear:
-Peavey 6505 2x12 Combo
-MXR Phase 90
-Boss DD-6 Digital Delay
-Gator G-Bus 8
-Xotic BB Preamp
Quote by fenderfreak101
Thats because she's Irish, and if she wasn't starting a fight, she was probably drunk.

Hes irish .
nothing to do with fighting its just casual cursing, usually my every other word is fuck
Quote by Archaon
She's allowed to have an opinion.
She's allowed to stfu too
My gear:
-Peavey 6505 2x12 Combo
-MXR Phase 90
-Boss DD-6 Digital Delay
-Gator G-Bus 8