Does anyone else here ever think about how maybe the world is perhaps advancing a bit too fast? I mean, I just think about what's going on sometimes - the CD is going to go away soon and the album format is dying. All music is going to be digital - your not even going to have to leave your house at all to get it. Although that may be conveniant at times, I love the feeling of walking into the record store, browsing the shelves, and walking out with the product.

Then there's other things too - cell phones keep getting smaller and smaller. Pretty soon they aren't going to be able to get any smaller, and then what happens? Not to mention they have only been popular for about 10 years. There also seems to be a substitute for everything these days. People seem to be lacking in real life communication skills because everyone communicates through the internet (like I am doing right now). It all just feels kind of odd.

The list could go on and on with this kind of stuff. The world is changing like it always has, but I don't know, I'm a bit uncomfortable with it. It's like - yes, technology is cool and helpful but I feel like we're going overboard with it. Afterall, we are all human and if we stray too far from that, then we're in trouble.
It's not moving fast enough. In fact, it's moving shockingly slow. Sometimes I woner if we'll ever progress enough...

It's enough to terrify...
I'm more worried at the fact that EVERYTHING is becoming parts of huge networks. Soon tons of elements of every day life will be controlled by networked computer systems. What's to stop a hacker from causing chaos throughout a city? Anyone happen to catch that special on the Discovery Channel? There was some really cool, yet creepy stuff on it.
Back in 1887 (Forgive the date, im not to sure), it was stated that "Everything that can be invented has been invented already", So I guess we should just be happy we didn't stop there
Quote by pimpslap1236
the cops will lie to you. accept it. believing things they say is the intellectual equivalent of sticking your dick in a pencil sharpener.

R.I.P Samantha
"It's technology for technology's sake..." half the stuff today we don't really NEED.
Quote by Ylasto
R.I.P Ean.

Are there any other members of Lynyrd Skynyrd who are dead?
The next big thing will be Wireless Electricity, mark me words I tell yeh.
Is it a bad thing if one of your testicles is larger then the other two?
Quote by happytimeharry
I'm more worried at the fact that EVERYTHING is becoming parts of huge networks. Soon tons of elements of every day life will be controlled by networked computer systems. What's to stop a hacker from causing chaos throughout a city? Anyone happen to catch that special on the Discovery Channel? There was some really cool, yet creepy stuff on it.

2057? Yeah I watched it all. There was some great things yet a pretty rough drawback to everything. All I can say is as the young generation we need to get ready for a wild ride.
Quote by magicninja_
2057? Yeah I watched it all. There was some great things yet a pretty rough drawback to everything. All I can say is as the young generation we need to get ready for a wild ride.

Yeah, that's it. That was such a cool series. The medical one had some really good stuff.
Quote by The Leader
The next big thing will be Wireless Electricity, mark me words I tell yeh.

It's called perpetual motion.
(Unless you were kidding and talking about batteries)
Scientists have been trying to figure out perpetual motions for centuries
I live in the forest and get my electricity by virgen dwarves running in hamster cage wheels.
C2B3
Colnel Claypool's Bucket of Bernie Brains

Quote by larry jones
I don't put people's quotes in my sig, but this would go there if I did.
Quote by magicninja_

Not in the same series but did you see the one about the giant pyramid city? That was awesome as well. I hope I see that built in my lifetime.

Nah, I must have missed it. Sounds pretty cool though. I'm looking forward to the new episode of Future Car on Wednesday. God, I'm such a nerd...
Quote by happytimeharry
Nah, I must have missed it. Sounds pretty cool though. I'm looking forward to the new episode of Future Car on Wednesday. God, I'm such a nerd...

Nah Discovery Science is one of the few networks I can stand to watch. I was sad when they stopped airing Cosmos though. I wish I can remember what the name of the pyramid city was. I remeber they wanna build it in Tokyo Bay. I guess it was an episode of Extreme Engineering.

http://dsc.discovery.com/convergence/engineering/pyramidcity/interactive/interactive.html