well..i was just curious, my friend wants to sell me a 7 string...and im just not sure if i want it...what more could i do on it basically? what can a 7 string do that a 6 string cant...besides being able to hit lower notes
Nicks and dents are battle scars...they give a guitar history.

Quote by Homer Simpson
When you think about it, mud is just wet dirt.
Lower notes while keeping the higher notes and a more consistent tuning(BEADGbe is alot less confusing than CGDAEG or BEDGbe or somesuch)
u can play the new unearth album lol
Washburn X50
Peavey Triple XXX
BBE 462 Sonic Maximizer
MXR M-134 Smart Gate
Furman M8
B-52 LG412
So you don't have to buy a baritone?
Gear...
Peavey 5150, Squier, Ibanez RG2EX2, Yamaha F150, Ibanez RT150, MXR noisegate
3 octave runs in 1 position. heres a quote from another site i visit and they interviewed Rusty Cooley.

Rusty Cooley: ... For the most part extended range says it all. You can cover more octaves with minimal fretboard movement. For example on a six string guitar to do a three octave run say in G major you have to go from the six string third fret all the way to the first string fifteenth fret. On a seven string you can do it from the seventh string eighth fret staying in one position then when you get to the first string you move your pinky a half step to hit the third octave, so basically a position and a half step verses three to fifteen.

heres a link to the whole interview: http://www.sevenstring.org/forum/showthread.php?t=1287
Ovation Celebrity
MIJ STRAT
Ibanez Prestige S1220WNF
modded Ibanez GAX75
Fender tuner-DIGITECH EX-7-BOSS SD1-Ibanez CF7-Tech 21 TM 60
(LOOP)Boss DD20(Loop)
My soundclick page
The 3 octave run in one position is something I never thought I would use, but now use it regularly. It gives you that much more versatility without changing positions drastically. Also, it can add some beef to 1st position chords for some added chug.

One added bonus, my hands feel huge when I grab a 6 string after playing/practicing on my 7 for a while.
It's a fine line between clever and stupid.
more strings means more of a sonic range. Gives you something different.
I like analogue Solid State amps that make no effort to be "tube-like", and I'm proud of it...

...A little too proud, to be honest.
Quote by angusyoungwanab
3 octave runs in 1 position. heres a quote from another site i visit and they interviewed Rusty Cooley.

Rusty Cooley: ... For the most part extended range says it all. You can cover more octaves with minimal fretboard movement. For example on a six string guitar to do a three octave run say in G major you have to go from the six string third fret all the way to the first string fifteenth fret. On a seven string you can do it from the seventh string eighth fret staying in one position then when you get to the first string you move your pinky a half step to hit the third octave, so basically a position and a half step verses three to fifteen.

heres a link to the whole interview: http://www.sevenstring.org/forum/showthread.php?t=1287

thats something i was looking for...awesome, i seem more interested now, thanks alot
Nicks and dents are battle scars...they give a guitar history.

Quote by Homer Simpson
When you think about it, mud is just wet dirt.