Poll: Which of these words is the most manly?
Poll Options
View poll results: Which of these words is the most manly?
Invisible
1 4%
Eradication
7 30%
Inviolable
4 17%
Histrionic
5 22%
Circumlocution
6 26%
Voters: 23.
Invisible: withdrawn from or out of sight; hidden

Eradication:to remove or destroy utterly; extirpate

Inviolable: secure from violation or profanation /assault or trespass, unassailable

Histrionic:deliberately affected; theatrical

Circumlocution:a roundabout or indirect way of speaking; the use of more words than necessary to express an idea.
2. a roundabout expression.
invisible: boring latinate "negation" word

eradication: has good phonetic intensives, "ee-rad-i-cate" sounds harsh and hard, but its linguistic pedigree is still pretty boring. bonus points for reminding me of a pokémon.

inviolable: dear god, what a shitty word. another latinate negation, boring. the O-L gets stuck in your tongue and makes it hard to enunciate, if i saw this word in a poem or an essay i would say use a simpler synonym here, and read orwell's "politics and the english language"

histrionic: my favorite one here, due to the way its vowels flail about, inspiring a glimmer of its meaning in its sound. another latinate word, but i like "histrion," coming from the estruscan word for "actor" (had to look that one up.)

circumlocution: OMG circum="around" and locut="speak" so circumlocution literally means "speaking AROUND" something! WHOA COOL I KNOW A ETYMOLOGY. You're trying too hard. This word blows.
Quote by *Truly Ninja*
invisible: boring latinate "negation" word

eradication: has good phonetic intensives, "ee-rad-i-cate" sounds harsh and hard, but its linguistic pedigree is still pretty boring. bonus points for reminding me of a pokémon.

inviolable: dear god, what a shitty word. another latinate negation, boring. the O-L gets stuck in your tongue and makes it hard to enunciate, if i saw this word in a poem or an essay i would say use a simpler synonym here, and read orwell's "politics and the english language"

histrionic: my favorite one here, due to the way its vowels flail about, inspiring a glimmer of its meaning in its sound. another latinate word, but i like "histrion," coming from the estruscan word for "actor" (had to look that one up.)

circumlocution: OMG circum="around" and locut="speak" so circumlocution literally means "speaking AROUND" something! WHOA COOL I KNOW A ETYMOLOGY. You're trying too hard. This word blows.

Hahaha. I think I love you.