Well i've had a pain in my ear for a couple days, so i went to the doctor and it turns out i ruptured my ear drum from playing music too loud. it hurts like hell, and i can't hear. so....what are some injuries you all have had?
Broke my arm once, that's about it.

You really should wear ear-plugs though when playing at high volumes.
will your ears heal? if not you're screwed man
Quote by steven seagull
There are no boring scales, just boring guitarists.

Quote by convictionless
dude calebrocker, that first song on your list almost made me cry
11/10
you win my good sir

^ My For Mom cover

Check out my MP3s!!
I once broke my ankle skating. I freaked when i saw how far to the right my foot was pointing. I pulled it to the left, and when I got it x-rayed, they said I'd popped it back in place.

edit: I don't think a ruptured eardrum heals.
Tendonitis, bleeding, temporary deafness, more bleeding. Oh did I mention all of these were from playing guitar.
i always seem to bash open my shins doin stupid stuff like swimmin in the sea(on merseyside its a sh*thole, full of nasty, possibly fatal, sh*t) or gettin stuck in between buildings, once i even rid a bike down a wobbly slide, IN THE RAIN

that hurt LOTS
nothing from playing...but i suffered a lot when i broke my left middle finger and couldn't play anything other than bar chords in dropped d tunning.
Originally Posted by evening_crow
Quoting yourself is cool.

WARNING: I kill threads.
Quote by RMC06

edit: I don't think a ruptured eardrum heals.

if that's the case, my doctor just ****ed me royally. i'm also sticking something, i don't know what in my ears....hmmm
Broke my femur, and wrist. (at separate times, thankfully)

And I think a ruptured ear drum might heal. A good friend of mine's mother's eardrum burst on a plane, all sorts of stuff oozed out, but she can hear fine now. I dunno if that's the same thing, though.
Member of the We Have Better Taste Than You club
PM DorkusMalorkus with a list of your favorite bands to join

last.fm
Never been injured in my life. Which means... Aha, I am INVICIBLE!!!

Well, I did bruise up my knee the one time - I hit a car backing out of a driveway on my bike, flew over the car, and landed on pavement. I limped home but was good as new a week later.

Aha, I am ALMOST invicible!
Quote by BearWithAGun
I've only known one man to use such a gun, and I believe I've killed him two times
Quote by Fugazirancid
Broke my femur, and wrist. (at separate times, thankfully)

And I think a ruptured ear drum might heal. A good friend of mine's mother's eardrum burst on a plane, all sorts of stuff oozed out, but she can hear fine now. I dunno if that's the same thing, though.

How did you break your femur?
Quote by dudetheman
So what? I wasted like 5 minutes watching DaddyTwoFoot's avatar.

Metalheads are the worst thing that ever happened to metal.
(To Merf) Diddums. Anyway, I've been stabbed, if that counts. As for guitar related injuries, I've sliced my pinky sliding on the high E string, not nice.
"2,000,000 NPS Whores" club.
Appreciating the beauty of music so fast it blows puny mortal's faces off.
Bow down to teh Shredzor!
PM La Qotsa if you want to join. No emotion? Pah!
Quote by i'm a noob
Well i've had a pain in my ear for a couple days, so i went to the doctor and it turns out i ruptured my ear drum from playing music too loud. it hurts like hell, and i can't hear. so....what are some injuries you all have had?

Use earplugs
Quote by dminishedthingy
It didn't seem possible, but apparently Messiah can spam even more now.

Quote by \Powerslave/
I can see it now. "Dark Thrones and Black People".

Quote by \Powerslave/
I pretty much wank something small and sleek.

ololololololol

JOIN THE NEKROGESTAPO!
Quote by DaddyTwoFoot
How did you break your femur?

Was six years old and fell the wrong way on the monkey bars.
Member of the We Have Better Taste Than You club
PM DorkusMalorkus with a list of your favorite bands to join

last.fm
Chipped a tooth. My own fault though. I used to have a huge gap in between my front teeth, and I wanted to see if my teeth were strong enough to stop an electric screwdriver motor. So, I stuck the bit in between my teeth and turned it on. They didn't stop it.

I also took a fork to the eye. It was so ddep it was actually hanging out of my eye against gravity. I was completely blind in that eye for about 6 months, and my vision wasn't perfect for another 3 years.
Kind of nominated for Best Retired User.

Skepto > Oxygen
I got my leg smashed in a motorcycle crash once. I also gouged my left ring finger down to the bone on a sword just three months ago. Couldn't play guitar for most of November...

Edit: Oh, God, I just remembered another one. I shit you not, I fractured my ass-bone by jumping off a wall when I was a kid.
Quote by Kai-7
You are the greatest. Wow. CaptainWow

Bumblebee of the Mighty Autobots. PM Kankuro to join.
UG Irish Clan - Póg mo thóin
Metals Fetishist of the"Please Sir, I want GORE" Club - UG Horror Fans and Gorehounds Unite!
Last edited by CaptainWow at Feb 12, 2007,
Fractured my pinkie (sp?) that's all.
"When I grow up, I wanna be a vampire bat"

Once, I got pissed, and kicked something, only to get a compund fracture, and have the bone come through the underside of my foot.

I've got lots more.
wow so ruptured ear drums heal?

and ive broken my nose, toe, and finger
Last edited by xDie_Romanticx at Feb 12, 2007,
THis past football season (October) I took a helmet right on the end of my left (fretting) middle finger and it was dislocated, broken, and I also strained some tendons at the middle joint......still have some pain, swelling, and mobility problems.
I broke my left arm 16 days ago. A 1/2 inch piece of bone completely broke off and was under a muscle pinching the nerves for my fingers. It is now being held in place by a metal plate and five screws. After the surgery I had it in a splint for a week just to heal the stiches a bit before they put on the cast, just to make sure it was all good. Then after a week with that cast, I had to get another one on today because the swelling went down alot and the old cast was way too loose. So I've now broken the same bone in both my arms (my right arm 3 years ago), and each had a metal plate, except the right arm's metal plate was taken out 2 years ago. This new plate though, I'm keeping for the rest of my life.
I took a picture of my X-ray (You can see the empty space and the broken off piece just above it),:

And this is my arm after the splint is off and I'm waiting to get another X-ray before the cast:

And the worst part is I can't play guitar for about 6-8 weeks. So I'm learning alot of theory and taking up piano.