Page 1 of 2
So my friend and I play guitar non stop. I seriously mean non stop. We brig our gig bags with our guitars everywhere we go. Say we go shopping at the grocery store, we'll bring our guitars and play because we can't put them down. At partys we'll bring them and end up being anti social except for the fact that we're playing with one another. Nothing else matters tous. Seriously. We just play, play, listen to music, play again. We've gotten really good but at the same time it makes me feel like I'm literally going insane.

has this happened to anyone else??
yes, me and my friend the first year.

youll get back in the swing of things eventually.
They say good things come in small packages. You know what else comes in small packages? Unrelenting pain and horror.
That's pretty bad hahhaa. Dude the grocery store, like acoustic then?
Quote by farcry
any day I can help a fellow UG'er with buttcrack issues is a good day to me. Which means today is excellent.

Quote by -February-Star-
That's wierd.

I woke up this morning and some bastard had wrapped his fucking swimming pool around my tree.
No such thing as a guitar obsession unless you are still shredding in your grave. Also seeing as you are on the pit I don't think you play as much as you make it seem.
I wish I had your dedication, but Im rather a fan of sleep and WOW...
I like your Christ; I do not like your Christians. Your Christians are so unlike your Christ.
-Mohandas Gandhi
it happened to me like five months ago but i was alone playing cuz my friends who play guitar arent very good
haaah, get a pocket amp with a gibson les paul and go walk around walmart XD be like "damn straight your first act beginners guitars suck! i got gibson bitch!"
lol dude i wished i still had that feeling... its such a great feeling... even when i went to take a dump id take my guitar with me.... itll wear out tho and no its not freaky...
haha thats sweet man but at the parties id say try n get the other people involved with it like play songs they like n get them to sing along or sumthin
we're playing right now and yes acoustic. I actually got kicked out of my english class because I just couldn't stop.
if it's making you anti-social, you need to work something out.
Gibson SG Standard + 18volt EMG-81 & 85
Mesa/Boogie Mark IV + Recto 2x12
Keeley Modded BD-2
Vox V847a
Quote by one vision
Bureaucrats gonna crat.

Recognised by the Official EG/GG&A Who To Listen To List 2008
Ok, I thought you were just going to be one of those guys saying he plays 4 hours a day, but the grocery store? I mean, do you even go to school?
"Guitarmen, wake up and pluck wire for sound, let 'em hear you play"
-Charlie Christian
"You have to give people something to dream on"
-Jimi Hendrix
"I try to make any guitar do what I want it to do"
-Slash
Quote by Nabokov
...end up...playing with one another...

FIXED!!!
Originally Posted by evening_crow
Quoting yourself is cool.

WARNING: I kill threads.
no its perfectly normal. I practice 29 hours a day. When i play real fast, i can slow down time using the theory of relativity to go back in time, allowing for those extra hours. I used to practice 35 hours a day, but that causes ruptures in the space-time continuum and i don't want to implode the universe.
hahaha jeez..
Sometimes I like to take my guitar and walk up and down the street strummin away..
Quote by bajeda
congrats, you made me chuckle at your stupidity.

Seinfeld Club
Quote by The McManus
I wish I had your dedication, but Im rather a fan of sleep and WOW...

Agree with you there.

But sleep is overrated...
DALAI LAMA OF ZEPPELINISM

Quote by Kartman

I look up to you now. I'm serious, I have more respect for you than most Ugers!
Quote by Tyrannous
Also seeing as you are on the pit I don't think you play as much as you make it seem.

+1.

Quote by DaveGilmour1189
no its perfectly normal. I practice 29 hours a day. When i play real fast, i can slow down time using the theory of relativity to go back in time, allowing for those extra hours. I used to practice 35 hours a day, but that causes ruptures in the space-time continuum and i don't want to implode the universe.

+1.
Quote by DaveGilmour1189

Quote by DaveGilmour1189

oh the burdens of being a time wizard...
That is truly amazing (^^^) you must teach me this because i like to play in the morning before school and it would be lovely to get some extra time.
Quote by farcry
any day I can help a fellow UG'er with buttcrack issues is a good day to me. Which means today is excellent.

Quote by -February-Star-
That's wierd.

I woke up this morning and some bastard had wrapped his fucking swimming pool around my tree.
wow you rock
dont worry about the obsession, I bet noboby ever saw Jimi Hendrix without a guitar
good for you, just dont drop out of school or you'll end up like all the guys that work at guitar center
Quote by Nabokov
So my friend and I play guitar non stop. I seriously mean non stop. We brig our gig bags with our guitars everywhere we go. Say we go shopping at the grocery store, we'll bring our guitars and play because we can't put them down. At partys we'll bring them and end up being anti social except for the fact that we're playing with one another. Nothing else matters tous. Seriously. We just play, play, listen to music, play again. We've gotten really good but at the same time it makes me feel like I'm literally going insane.

Its called a foods library
C2B3
Colnel Claypool's Bucket of Bernie Brains

Quote by larry jones
I don't put people's quotes in my sig, but this would go there if I did.
I go to school and he has his own apartment and I'm there all the time out of school except for the few hours I sleep at home. I bring my guitar to school all the time so if you really want extra practice besides in the morning take it with you.
Quote by DoctrDrew116
wow you rock
dont worry about the obsession, I bet noboby ever saw Jimi Hendrix without a guitar
good for you, just dont drop out of school or you'll end up like all the guys that work at guitar center

yeah for real, guitar center fags are lame. they wont hire you if you go to school. not kidding.
I tried to make a signature listing all my gear, but I couldn't for 2 reasons.

1. I couldn't remember all my gear
2. My signature was too long for UG to process.
I hate it when someone brings a guitar to a party or a a public place to just play. They're saying "Hey! Look at me! I have a guitar and I'm cool." Fucking dicks.
Quote by Gitter_Wizard
Wow sounds kinda like your a loser. I mean guitar is cool, but taking it to the grocery store? Get a life.

sigged
man.....fuck you guys
Man im so ****ing sick of all these threads with ****ing kids claming they play guitar non-stop and there obsessed NOBODY CARES your never gonna be big I could own you just quit now.

p.s who the **** brings a guitar to a party unless your asked to are you retarded man these kids did that the other day and they sucked shit they sung this emo shit it blew so i kicked the shit out of them.
Last edited by smokedajs420 at Feb 12, 2007,
it takes a lot of practice. First, you must immerse yourself in eastern philosphy. Daoism and Zen are the way to achieve true inner peace. Then once you have achieved inner peace and have your soul enveloped in the harmony of the universe, you then may begin to play. Eventually, you must study under the masters: Pettrucci, Malmsteen, and Micheal Batio. Once you can do 36th notes at around 5 million bpm, you will notice the universe slow around you. However, you will now need a custom guitar, otherwise friction will cause the neck to sponaneously combust. Eventually, you will gain the ability to play with your guitar on fire, but at this stage, it is a distraction. Preferably your custom guitar must be able to withstand the temperature of a moderate sized blast funace. At around 6 million bpm, time stops and past that, you go back in time. Don't overdo it though, if you go farther back than a day, you start to create large rips in the fabric of time itself. If they get large enough, the universe implodes on itself. If the apocalypse comes, i blame you.
Quote by smokedajs420
Man im so ****ing sick of all these threads with ****ing kids claming they play guitar non-stop and there obsessed NOBODY CARES your never gonna be big I could own you just quit now.

p.s who the **** brings a guitar to a party unless your asked to are you retarded man these kids did that the other day and they sucked shit they sung this emo shit it blew so i kicked the shit out of them.

I'm not saying this to brag. WE're seriosly sitting in his room right now playing and realizing how pathetic it is to do this but we don't know what else to do.
I highly believe you're lying for attention, which is what's really sad.

And if you're not, why the hell do you need to bring it here anymore?
Quote by Nabokov
I'm not saying this to brag. WE're seriosly sitting in his room right now playing and realizing how pathetic it is to do this but we don't know what else to do.

yea it really is like your justing wasting your time cause you suck.
I'd never take my baby to school, somebody would **** with it and stuff and it's electric. Cmon man the store??? That's like a nerd taking a full size pc with him every to play a game or something, damn. I mean sure guitars kick major ass but I and probably most other people will think you're just a little fag trying to get attention anyway.
Quote by farcry

Quote by -February-Star-
That's wierd.

Give me your guitar its that simple
C2B3
Colnel Claypool's Bucket of Bernie Brains

Quote by larry jones
I don't put people's quotes in my sig, but this would go there if I did.
Page 1 of 2