How does Mike Einziger of Incubus create such sounds? What are the effects on his chain recently (A Crow Left of the Murder and Light Grenades)? Any ideas on his settings as well? Especially the Phasers... Please post recent pictures of his rig/pedal board if you guys have any.
http://guitargeek.com/rigview/355/
not sure if its accurate, but it seems like stuff he would have...
"Social correctness has traditionally had nothing whatever to do with reason, logic, or physics. In fact, in England it is generally considered socially incorrect to know stuff or think about things."
-Douglas Adams
nice timing other guy, btw mike is the sh!t
"Social correctness has traditionally had nothing whatever to do with reason, logic, or physics. In fact, in England it is generally considered socially incorrect to know stuff or think about things."
-Douglas Adams
The Guitargeek is WWWWAAAYYY outdated my friends. I was hoping for something more recent.
For ACLOTM and after, he uses a Jazzmaster with seymour duncans into a Marshall JMP(modded with a master volume and a couple added gain stages-although he used a JCM800 which is the same thing) and a VOX AC30 for cleans. The guitargeek pedalboard is pretty accurate. He added a POD that isn't used for the effects but helps with the pedal board somehow(don't remember). His main phasers(the crazy sounding ones) are Boss PH-2(two of them). They are discontinued, but ebay is your friend. He also uses MXR Phase 90's. He has a lot of effects I won't get into.
and i know from seeing them live @ redrocks that he has a full mixer that he plugs his pedals into before going to the hum eliminator etc etc, he plays with it alot during live solos, dont ask me what kind it is i have no idea...
-Douglas Adams
Buy this months Guitar One magizine. He is the featured front cover artist.
What does he use for his low distortion/overdrive?

Like in the intro of ACLOTM...
He plays a mesa heartbreaker amp for cleans, but anything else I have no idea.
Quote by LuthierofTexas
You have no experience with racks??? What kind of guy are you?
Effects (Not necessarily in order):

* Electrix Filter Factory
* Two Boss PH-2 Phasers
* DOD FX-13 Gonkulator
* Boss OC-2 Octaver
* Hughes & Kettner Rotosphere
* Boss TU-2 Tuner
* MXR Phase 90 Phaser
* DOD FX-25 Envelope Filter
* Boss CS-3 Compressor
* Dunlop Cry Baby Wah
* Danelectro Reel Echo
* Boss RV-3 Reverb Delay
* DOD 250
* DigiTech Tone-Driver
* Electro-Harmonix Memory Man

Amps

* Vox AC30
* Marshall Plexi Lead 100
* Marshall JCM 800
* Mesa/Boogie Tremoverb

wiki's your friend. should be rather correct. at least better than the outdated guitargeek one with the mesas. when i saw him live this year i spotted one or two (can't remember) vox ac30 and some marshalls, which i assumed it's these two amps.

and i read somewhere that his SG junior is modded with two p90 pickups that are actually custom made duncan JB/jazz pickups in a p90 enclosure...wierd...
Fender American Vintage '62 Jaguar
Fender Crafted in Japan '62 Telecaster
THD Flexi-50 + Vox V112HTV Handwired Cab
Last edited by lithium26 at Nov 5, 2008,