Well those of you who have been hanging out here know that i plan on getting a new amp this summer and i was wondering about the Rocktron Vendetta. Its 160W i think and i know its an all tube head. I was thinking about getting that and running through an Avatar, Hiwatt, Mesa or a cab simular to those. http://www.musiciansfriend.com/product/Rocktron-VH160R-Vendetta-160W-Guitar-Amp-Head?sku=480974 I play a lot of RHCP type stuff, Blues, Classic Rock, and ill touch up on some metal once in a while. I have an Eric Clapton Signature Strat, and a Carlson PG-51 (PRS Custom 24 Copy). I was thinking about getting the Vox Ad100VTH but i want an amp with REAL tubes not Valve Reactor Power. I have played through the Vox and it sounds great but i crave tubes. Anyone have any expierence w/ Rocktron? I dont know of anywhere locally that carries them so i cant just go try it out.
Founder of the EHX Users Guild
My Photography

Quote by Kyle-Rehm
Please don't tell me I'm the only one that clicked this thread thinking I would learn how to make my guitar sound like a grizzly bear.
uhhhhhh... thats not all tube...
I Survived The "Silent Deftone Cocksucking Forum"!-August 15th, 2006
Quote by dez_cole
uhhhhhh... thats not all tube...

its not tube modeling is it?
Founder of the EHX Users Guild
My Photography

Quote by Kyle-Rehm
Please don't tell me I'm the only one that clicked this thread thinking I would learn how to make my guitar sound like a grizzly bear.
it's another hybrid...
probably just a 12ax7 tube in the gain stage.
Gibson SG Standard + 18volt EMG-81 & 85
Mesa/Boogie Mark IV + Recto 2x12
Keeley Modded BD-2
Vox V847a
Quote by one vision
Bureaucrats gonna crat.

Recognised by the Official EG/GG&A Who To Listen To List 2008
im guessing it is a hybrid.
it probably has one tube used for the distortion channel to make it sound more like a tube amp.
i definitely isn't a full tube head.
the dead give away is the lack of a standby switch.
tube heads always have a standby switch.

Quote by UnsignedRecords
it's another hybrid...
probably just a 12ax7 tube in the gain stage.

ahh beat me to it
Yeah, I would be completely amazed if there was a 160w tube head for $360, because 1) That's way too cheap for a tube head (except maybe a Peavey Windsor or something, but still), and 2) There are no power tubes that have wattage ratings adding up to 160w.
Quote by De Amazing Blob
Yeah, I would be completely amazed if there was a 160w tube head for $360, because 1) That's way too cheap for a tube head (except maybe a Peavey Windsor or something, but still), and 2) There are no power tubes that have wattage ratings adding up to 160w.

and mostly, there is no tube head for 360 except the epiphone valve jr head(far from 160 watts)( at least on musiciansfriend.com).
Last edited by dez_cole at Feb 12, 2007,