i just saw the price on the jcm 800 reissue. its got 1 channel, *** A MASTER VOLUME KNOB *** ZOMFG!!! and a low, mid, and high tone knobs and a presence knob. no reverb.
is someone at marshall smoking crack? or is this amp just that good?
It's a JCM 800. Any rational person would kill their parents in their sleep to get one.
Someones knowledge of guitar companies spelling determines what amps you can own. Really smart people can own things like Framus because they sound like they might be spelled with a "y" but they aren't.
yup it is that good. cause its a tube amp they are way more than your normal solid state
CGDAEG
its good, but its definitly over priced.

it doesnt have a lot of features but it sure does sound sweet, one channel amps are weird to use but they are pretty kick ass if you know how to use them. I find them to bring out more of your playing and the guitar's natural tone, you should try it and see what you think o fit.
http://www.theweekendkids.com

Gibson Les Paul Studio w/dirtyfingers pickups
Gibson Joan Jett Melody Maker
VOX ac30 head
Marshall 1960 4x12 cab
Fender Hot Rod Deville
Yeah, it's a great amp, but I agree, $2800 is a bit much, considering used old ones go for... erm... less than that.
Quote by pinkzep52
yup it is that good. cause its a tube amp they are way more than your normal solid state

well, of course its not a solid state. BUT ITS ONE FREAK'IN CHANNEL!!! tell me if i'm wrong, but i've seen 3, to 4 channel amps going for a grand less. and don't anybody tell me that a jcm800 is better than one of those.
Quote by Archeo Avis
It's a JCM 800. Any rational person would kill their parents in their sleep to get one.

the local shop had a jcm800 and a marshal cab, used for $1100
Quote by sethp
well, of course its not a solid state. BUT ITS ONE FREAK'IN CHANNEL!!! ... and don't anybody tell me that a jcm800 is better than one of those.
^Why do you think one channel means low quality or bad sound? Definitely not as versatile, but they're usually actually extremely good, excluding cheap crappy ones that are too cheap to have any more.
One channel = less things to go wrong with the tone.

Personally, I prefer 2 channels and a switch, but you can't go wrong with the single channeled jcm 800!

Also, the vintage jcm 800's > Re-issues.
Co-Founder of the Orange Revolution Club

-Esp/Ltd Ec-1000 w/ BKP Mules
-2-channel Titan
-Oversized Bogner 2x12 Cabinet
-Fulltone OCD
-RMC Picture Wah
-T.C. Electronic Nova Delay
-Larrivee D-03R
^Jcm 800's vintage don't sell for much these days. IMO, they should be sold for more, so if you can find one for 800 or less, it's a steal or a good purchase.

-2-channel Titan
-Fulltone OCD
-RMC Picture Wah
-Larrivee D-03R
Quote by sethp
well, of course its not a solid state. BUT ITS ONE FREAK'IN CHANNEL!!! tell me if i'm wrong, but i've seen 3, to 4 channel amps going for a grand less. and don't anybody tell me that a jcm800 is better than one of those.

it's an expensive but excellent amp, but i think 2800 it's a lot of money

and yes, the jcm800 is a really good amp (maybe the only marshall that i like, cause i hate most of them)
Not worth it. I've seen JCM800s on eBay with the same stuff for less than $1500.
Sent from my iPad.
^I agree, but you can use the same argument for just about anything you can get on eBay. Random example, Some people would say it'd be a waste to buy a new Peavey 6505 for $1100, when an old 5150 went for $450 the other day. And I would agree, but hey
Quote by pinkzep52

First of all, not all tube amps are really expensive, just like there are plenty of solid states that are really expensive.

Second, you make it sound as if every tube amp is automatically better than every solid state amp and hence worth more money. Not true again. Guitar Research, Pignose, etc. are tube, but there are many solid state amps that are better than them for less and more money.

And as far as Marshalls go, I've never been much of a fan. I've tried nearly all of them, and they just never struck my fancy. It's not that I dislike them, it just doesn't suit my tone at all. I wouldn't put 2800 dollars into an amp like that anyways. I'd go for a Herbert or an Uberschall or a Powerball, Triple Recto, etc

Oh well. As long as it has a marshall logo on the front, they'll sell plenty.
Quote by Mascot
You hate most Marshalls?... (excluding MGs and AVTs)

well, considering that i've only played a jcm 800 , and mg50dfx and an 50 avt series amp, i think i need to hears some others marshall amps
Quote by sethp

More channels doesn't make them better. In many cases, versatility comes at the cost of sound quality.
Someones knowledge of guitar companies spelling determines what amps you can own. Really smart people can own things like Framus because they sound like they might be spelled with a "y" but they aren't.
^Very true, but there's a line between having channels and keeping great tone while having alot of channels and having horrible tone.

-2-channel Titan
-Fulltone OCD
-RMC Picture Wah
-Larrivee D-03R
It only needs one channel cause it's that good.
High Cardinal of Zeppelinism PM TheHeartbreaker to join and
"Co-Founder (and Yoda) of the Star Wars Universe. PM me or SethMegadefan to join.

' " The last enemy that shall be destroyed is death"...'-p.269-Deathly Hallows
Quote by sethp

OMG an 8 channel MG!!! it must be soo much better than a jcm 800!!!
Quote by Charlatan_001
Uh-oh. People might mistake you for a homosexual if you buy a purple pedal.

Quote by Shredlet
You own an Rg2570E and you live in Australia I to you sir!
in my opinion one channel amps r for the best of players, because you can spend your money on pedals which really get the job done as opposed to my experiance with amp effects.
"Social correctness has traditionally had nothing whatever to do with reason, logic, or physics. In fact, in England it is generally considered socially incorrect to know stuff or think about things."
-Douglas Adams
just for knowledge, the jcm800 has a single knob which changes the sound from perfectly clean to full distortion, right? (from 1-11)
you might want to look at the jcm 2205 or 2210...those are the two channel marshall jcm 800 (50 watt and 100 watt)...you got clean and dirty...what else do you need...3 and 4 channels is just getting too much....whatever happened to subtlety?
TOM MORELLO SHOOK MY HAND, I'VE PLAYED BETTER SINCE!!!!

SPINAL TAP FTW!

-2-channel Titan
-Fulltone OCD
-RMC Picture Wah
-Larrivee D-03R
Quote by deluxity
well, considering that i've only played a jcm 800 , and mg50dfx and an 50 avt series amp, i think i need to hears some others marshall amps

you really do!!
dont knock it till youve tried it and all that stuff.....

as for the $2800 JCM800

i realy do agree that it is ott for a re issue but i saw a mesa dual recto for over £2000 (about $4000) the other day. amp prices are rediculous now

i got my 1983 JCM800 combo for £250 wich was a friggin steal. all you have to do is look around a bit and you will find a bargin

edit: oh yeah and SPINAL TAP OWNS!!!!!
My Rig:
Maverick F-1, Ibanez RG1527, Schecter Omen 8
Marshall JVM 410H,
Hand built 4x12 w/ V30s
Current board:
PXL LIVE
TU2
WHAMMY IV
MXR M132
MXR M101
TIMMY
NS2
MXR M108
XOTIC EP
TC DREAMSCAPE
DL8
Overpriced.

Yea, one channel, but once cranked, wow.
"Breathe, breathe in the air
Don't be afraid to care"

Fender Strat/Tokai LS80>few pedals>Orange Rocker 30
Yup, they're smoking crack. That is a total and complete rip off at that price. That said, the number of channels have little to do with how an amp is priced. There are many boutique 1 channel amps even more expensive. Even so, no one in their right mind would pay 2800 bucks for a fuking JCM800. They used to go on the used market for around $600 all day. Now they're a bit more.
Last edited by electrik at Feb 13, 2007,
Quote by loki_lulamen
as for the $2800 JCM800

i realy do agree that it is ott for a re issue but i saw a mesa dual recto for over £2000 (about $4000) the other day. amp prices are rediculous now
Agreed that $4000 is a ripoff for a Recto; in the U.S, though, they're not even $2k

EDIT: Just a thought; there are a lot of pros out there that still use JCM 800's (Zakk Wylde comes to mind; he does not use an MG ), and chances are that they don't want to tour and rely on a 20 some year old amp. So it might be good for them since they can afford it, but who knows...
Last edited by De Amazing Blob at Feb 13, 2007,
Quote by sethp

What the hell is wrong with you? Many great amps over 2 grand (reissues) have one channel, no master volume, and no reverb.
Quote by mr_hankey
What the hell is wrong with you? Many great amps over 2 grand (reissues) have one channel, no master volume, and no reverb.

Not to mention how they sound when they're cranked
Sent from my iPad.
I'd rather get a Windsor.
Washburn HM Idol w/ SD JB in bridge > Ibanez Weeping Demon > Korg Pitchblack > Digitech Bad Monkey > Boss NS-2 > Boss DD-6 > Egnater Renegade > Splawn 2x12 w/ Weber Sig12Bs

Quote by sethp
i just saw the price on the jcm 800 reissue. its got 1 channel, *** A MASTER VOLUME KNOB *** ZOMFG!!! and a low, mid, and high tone knobs and a presence knob. no reverb.
is someone at marshall smoking crack? or is this amp just that good?

Quote by paintITblack39
Not to mention how they sound when they're cranked

*high-fives*