I'm currently looking for a somewhat cheap 7-string. I was surfing rondomusic.net and found this: http://www.rondomusic.net/interceptor.html

1. It says it has a 27 inch scale length, would I still be able to have it in normal tuning (BEADGbe)?

2. How do you think the trem would be? I figured, "I want a 7-string, and a guitar with a Floyd, so I may as well kill two birds with one stone."

Thanks for any answers/thought.
My gear:
OLP John Petrucci Sig.
Epiphone Les Paul
Epiphone Valve Jr.
Mesa/Boogie .50 Caliber+ 112
Yeah, it would be in normal tuning. That's the scale length of my 7 string, and it's in normal tuning. The thing about the longer neck is that it gives the B string more definition and clarity. Personally, I wouldn't buy a 7 string with a standard length neck.
Member #3 of the "I play my guitar as high as Tom Morello does" club.
Ahh, i see, thank you. I would assume that there is some extra tension on the other 6 strings, correct?
My gear:
OLP John Petrucci Sig.
Epiphone Les Paul
Epiphone Valve Jr.
tremelo's are a pain in the ass.....they are even more of a pain in the ass on a 7 string, i ended up getting my floyd rose blocked cuz i never used the whammy bar anyway..and it took me about an hour and a half to restring and get the tuning back where it was
^Yeah, I was thinking about that, and I'll probably get a tremol-no, or something like that, to help with the tuning stability.
My gear:
OLP John Petrucci Sig.
Epiphone Les Paul
Epiphone Valve Jr.
Agiles seem to be pretty nice guitars, I have never played that model so I wouldnt know of it but I havent really played a bad agile. A cheaper 7 string tremolo worries me a bit though, Just somthing to think about. I guess a trem blocking thing would work but I think your better off getting a fixed bridge 7 string.
I've seen some reviews of the Interceptor and they seem pretty good for the money. Check out www.sevenstring.org and do a search.
It's a fine line between clever and stupid.
I have a 7 string with a 27.5" scale & a floyd, it just helps the low notes have better clarity. I have the tremelo blocked usually, mainly 'cause I dont feel like un-blocking it or locking my nut.