Hey everyone
I'm going to be doing vocals for a band that's kind of Bring Me The Horizon / Job for a Cowboy style of music.
I need help on what kind of amp I should buy.
My uncle was telling me that they use PA systems and all this fancy expensive crap.
I'm on a 200-300 dollar budget for an amp, and he's really biased towards expensive stuff since he records for pretty big bands in the area and isn't much of a help when it comes to cheaper stuff, haha.
My question is what kind of amp would be best to run my vocals through that's in the 200-300 dollar price range?
Just something to use at practice and at local gigs, so it'd have to be pretty powerful but it doesn't have to be mind blowingly loud.
I've already decided on a Shure SM58 mic and I'm going out this weekend to buy it.
I'm kinda just thinking of using a 120 wattish guitar amp... What are your guys thoughts on the best amp for me to use?
You're not going to get much for $300, maybe an Epi Valve Junior depending on if you're using a PA or not.
Quote by The Casualty
You're not going to get much for $300, maybe an Epi Valve Junior depending on if you're using a PA or not.

Yeah the local gig place has a nice PA system
I'm just wondering what would be best as a band practice / house show amp.
Behringer has a cheap two speaker PA, puts out about 30 watts'ish. Same as Yamaha, and Peavey. Only good for practicing though.