Page 1 of 3
I wanna write a slasher story, but I need to find an interesting killer first. Y' know, a mask, and/or some gimmick so s/he can stand out.

Serious suggestions and ideas, please.

Thanks.
According to BS statistics, 92% of teens have moved on to rap. If you're among the 8% who doesn't consider rap to be real music, donate your brains, as you clearly aren't using them.
I'd try writing about someone that's like a supergenius and a phsycopath but is totally disturbed. Think someone Hannibal Lecter-ish, but don't just recreate the character, be sure to make a few differences.
Member #1,267,859 of the I'd die for Dethklok club. PM Vigilantius to join.

Infanterist of the First Reich of the Grammar Nazis.

Quote by MusicMan00
I noticed the avatar before I read what you said. Then I read it. Then I laughed.
If he had buggeristic tendencies as a child, then shagged his cat when he was 10, and killed his mother 10 years later for catching him and taking the cat away. =/

BTW, this is serious. He sounds pretty screwed up to me. No personal experience of course
Or..... What about an Uber-kvlt Black Metaller. Someone sort of Varg/Euronymous-ish. I'd love to read a story about that.

Quote by MusicMan00
I noticed the avatar before I read what you said. Then I read it. Then I laughed.
You could make him be a severe burn victim... like someone raped him when he was five and then poured gasoline on him.
I'm a person.
hmmmmm your killer could have been "possesed" by a acient killer like of you wanted to have the killer be a woman you could say that she was possesed by Elisibeth Bathory or if a boy Jack the Ripper but i wouldn't use those find your own but then make that all part of their cover.
Raise Your Hand If you Like:

3 inches of blood
Amon Amarth
Coheed and Cambria
Death Cab For Cutie
Every Time I Die
I Killed the Prom Queen
In Flames
Pride Tiger

My cousins band from Vancouver-NWOBCHM- myspace.com/scarstruckmetalband
write a screenplay, not a story
"There are millions of people in the world, and none of those people are an extra. They're all leads in their own stories."
<//////>~
dildo.
And if ever You come near, I will hold up high a mirror.
Lord, I could never show you anything as beautiful as You.
Make it about a killer doll... damn, that's already been done. ok, maybe a slasher in a hockey mask... double damn. OK, maybe a virus injected into a city, that plagues everyone into becoming zombies. Maybe call the city, Raccoon City. Wait, damn...

I dunno.
Hey, I dig some of the ideas dudes. Keep em coming!

Hey PinkIsCool, there already is a similar movie called (very imaginatively) The Burning... it's on YouTube I think.
According to BS statistics, 92% of teens have moved on to rap. If you're among the 8% who doesn't consider rap to be real music, donate your brains, as you clearly aren't using them.
how about as a child the killer witnessed his father murder his mom and then commit suicide. for the reaminder of his childhood he was constantly being moved to different foster homes were he would be beat and molested(wats a slasher without buttsecks?). so the actual story he would go around and bomb orphanages and kill foster parents. after he kills someone he would take their nipples and keep them in a plastic bag to create the worlds largest nipple pie...and at every crime scene he leaves his mark...a giant nipple..maybe he has a nipple fetish
[22:33] ben: Yesterday I was gonna eat a shitload of candy but I forgot.
Quote by Murasaki-kun
I guy with roller-blades. And a metal bat. And he's 12. That'd be pretty cool...

That's the most fucked-up show I have ever seen. Seriously. The writers for that thing must have been absolutely hammered all the time. Weirdest shit. Ever.

Don't watch Paranoia Agent. Never. Ever. NEVAR.

EDIT - And make the murderer some depressed kid who had the most depressing childhood ever. Like, he never had any friends his entire school years, and then he dropped out of high-school, and then he wound-up working some dead-end job at a convenience store, and then one day he snaps, and tortures/rapes/kills people.

Meh. Now I need a donut.
Last.fm

WE ARE THE MUSIC MAKERS
AND WE ARE THE DREAMERS OF THE DREAMS
Last edited by Dirtydeeds468 at Feb 12, 2007,
Quote by Dirtydeeds468
That's the most fucked-up show I have ever seen. Seriously. The writers for that thing must have been absolutely hammered all the time. Weirdest shit. Ever.

Don't watch Paranoia Agent. Never. Ever. NEVAR.

Hmmm... What is this Paranoia Agent you speak of?

Quote by MusicMan00
Quote by headbanger408
Hmmm... What is this Paranoia Agent you speak of?

Some Anime show on Adult Swim. Incredibly depressing, even more depressing than that one episode of Futurama where Fry almosts gets his dog from the 90's back. It's also incredibly, incredibly strange. Not advised that you watch it.
Last.fm

WE ARE THE MUSIC MAKERS
Quote by Dirtydeeds468
Some Anime show on Adult Swim. Incredibly depressing, even more depressing than that one episode of Futurama where Fry almosts gets his dog from the 90's back. It's also incredibly, incredibly strange. Not advised that you watch it.

Hmmm... I have Adult Swim Ondemand, so I'm gonna go for it...

Quote by MusicMan00
Someone actually got it? I really like Paranoia Agent, although it gets sort of confusing at times...
Quote by headbanger408
Hmmm... I have Adult Swim Ondemand, so I'm gonna go for it...

...Ohhhh Kaayyyy...

Well, you don't know what you're getting yourself into, so I'm not gonna take the blame for it when you kill an elderly woman...
Last.fm

WE ARE THE MUSIC MAKERS
LOL Deeds, your suggestions sucks . And stop hijacking my thread, you wannabe Jihadists!
rofl

Dude, my suggestion owns. You know you want it.

AHALLU AKHBAR!
Last.fm

WE ARE THE MUSIC MAKERS
your suggestion is pure crap when compared to mine
Quote by raise_the_dead
Hey, I dig some of the ideas dudes. Keep em coming!

Hey PinkIsCool, there already is a similar movie called (very imaginatively) The Burning... it's on YouTube I think.

Eff. Well, at least I tried.
I'm a person.
You should read studies of common traits of serial killers. There's a lot of psychology that goes into creating a killer's mind, and a lot of it can be found in even the worst of murderer suspense books.
Make him have a target such as killing jews and a clown. Make it also so they he can make mass people follow him. Also give him a stub mustache. People love history
LOL man it's a cliche... the kid who always got picked on blah blah...

I was thinking more along the lines of.... how does he hide his identity... how does he kill?
Here's one. Just an average guy, works, has a family, but sees stuff about murder and shit on the news. It fascinates him to his breaking point, and he wants to know how it feels to take a life. He kills someone, and he becomes addicted to it...And you carry on from there.
That's if you're focusing on the killer of course.
I still think a kvlt-Christian-killing Black Metaller would make the most badass serial killer EVER.

Quote by MusicMan00
he doesnt need to hide his identity becasue he was burned so badly he has no fingerprints, he was smashed in the face by a truck and has no teeth...therefore no dental records, his face is horribly deformed because someone poured acid on it, and he has no feet
He has to be a regular run of the mill guy. A husband even. Maybe a Star athelete that gets to go from city to city or even a Class AA baseball player. He always uses blunt force trauma and carves his Jersey number into the body. It actually takes only takes a newb FBI agent that is an avid fan to finally crack the case.
You want to write a killer slasher flick? Oh, here is what you need.

1.) A group of lost teenagers that are always getting naked
2.) A remote location
3.) A really big guy in S&M gear with some form of blade

Congrats, you're a millionaire!
Founder of UGPSA: Ultimate-Guitar's Pot Smokers Association. PM me to join.
Quote by Slash_HuDsOn
ak guitarist doesn't dress in the morning. he kills throughout the day and attires himself appropriately

Okay, headbanger, I will write a kvlt slasher just for you. TBH I think James Bond should have a black metal villain, that would pwn.

I think I'm gonna focus less on the killer- as in, the story won't be from his point of view- and I think I may just keep him unknown through the whole time, just like the original Black Christmas...
Perhaps an ingenious religious fanatic, like the killer from Se7en.

No matter what you do, don't make him a simple "Must...kill...teenagers..." type. Give him depth, an intellect, and maybe the ability to toy with people's minds.

EDIT: I just had an idea: a psycho who puts victims in inescapable traps that consist of ridiculous Rube Goldberg machines so they can watch and helplessly anticipate death.
Last edited by Quintessence153 at Feb 13, 2007,
-Raised by his mother, trucker father on the road most of the time.
-Has no wife or children. Pet dog.
-Delivery driver for UPS.
-Meticulously raises a couple small houseplants.
-Victims are all hitchhikers, picked up along various parts of the appalachian trail.
-Uses a knife to slit victim's throats. Saw to cut victims apart.
-Stuffs victims into their now empty backpacks and sends them in the mail.
LOL lobster, how the hell would an entirely burnt guy go around with out attracting lots of attention to himself?

I'm thinking a school trip to the sea, and the killings happen in a hotel... perhaps the killer is a tourist? A waiter with some kinda grudge?
Dude. Have a killer that is a furry. That's gotta be the best idea evar.
Last.fm

WE ARE THE MUSIC MAKERS
is with you guys?
Quote by raise_the_dead
is with you guys?

Use it. Audiences will be captivated with a killer who thinks he is/is attracted another species of animal!
Last.fm

WE ARE THE MUSIC MAKERS
A killer who cuts off vaginas and wears them like he's a woman. Wait...that isn't fiction. It's Ed Gein.
Actually, you should study some serial killers/murderers. You could get some awesome ideas/insight on how it all happens.
Last.fm

WE ARE THE MUSIC MAKERS
Page 1 of 3