for electric guitars. I've seen guitarists from a few of the bands at battle of the bands just a few weeks ago, and last year before I started playing guitar, I noticed a guy using something similar. if you don't know what I'm talking about yet then I'll explain. You put it on your shoulder strap, it has a wireless antenna that transmits power to your amp/pedals. If someone could tell me what it's called and how much, I would appreciate it.
Um.. dude there very common and there about 150 bucks... just look for some wireless transmitters...
Quote by ratzgame
for electric guitars. I've seen guitarists from a few of the bands at battle of the bands just a few weeks ago, and last year before I started playing guitar, I noticed a guy using something similar. if you don't know what I'm talking about yet then I'll explain. You put it on your shoulder strap, it has a wireless antenna that transmits power to your amp/pedals. If someone could tell me what it's called and how much, I would appreciate it.

Wireless electricity? I thought that was called lightening

i think you want a wireless system. check musicians friend or ams for them, but the good ones(the only ones worth getting) are a tad expensive.
Quote by Vornik
Wow you just made us all look retarded for not suggesting that...

Quote by Doppleganger
Dude,

I can use Google.
Quote by casualty01
13 yr olds should not attempt to make "points". Especially with their heads firmly lodged up their fucking ass.
Wireless systems...those seem really cool, I see alot of bands using em'.

But don't think die of tone? I always wondered that, but I would love to have a wireless system, I would be jumping everywhere!...with straplocks of course .
Co-Founder of the Orange Revolution Club

-Esp/Ltd Ec-1000 w/ BKP Mules
-2-channel Titan
-Oversized Bogner 2x12 Cabinet
-Fulltone OCD
-RMC Picture Wah
-T.C. Electronic Nova Delay
-Larrivee D-03R
i use one and it's called a guitarbug gb 40(the bit that plugs in the guitar, and the receiver is called an sr 40 that plugs into the amp.
costs about £120 altogether, and sounds as good as cables IMO.
has a range in excess of 100m, sorted.
by the way they're both made by AKG.
My gear:
Fender 50th anniv American Strat Deluxe NICE
Fender Eric johnson Strat SEXY
Gibson SG Special Gothic II RAW
Ibanez JS 1000 VERSATILE
Gibson Les Paul Custom OOH BABY
Mesa Boogie Dual Rectifier Head & Cab LET'S ROCK
If you can't spend atleast $350 don't bother even looking. This is a good low priced wireless:
http://www.bananas.com/productdetail.asp/PID_10829
It's the same circuit as the famed X-wire, but in a cheaper packaging and not discontinued. Shure also make a couple good wireless units. Anything cheaper will be crap, not just crap, but really crap.

EDIT: it does kill your tone (even the X-wire thing), you don't see anybody using them in the studio, but it's a trade off between mobility/performance and sound quality. Many see this sacrfice as being worth it as they can deliver a better show.
"A wise man once said, never discuss philosophy or politics in a disco environment." - Frank Zappa
Quote by Jinskee
Don't question the X.
<Frenchy> I'm such a failure
If you need to run around on stage etc then get one, but if you're not playing gigs and just practicing at home, and don't have the money to get a decent one, and don't even have great gear in the first place, don't get one.
"Breathe, breathe in the air
Don't be afraid to care"

Fender Strat/Tokai LS80>few pedals>Orange Rocker 30