I just got the new cd, and i have to say as of first impressions i'm dissappointed. I feel like they are going for this hey look we are artists to look, but the lyrics are just horrible, but i'm sure if i listen more than it will come around to an ok album. AP gave it 2 stars and right now its the same in my book. I was expecting more out of one of my favorite bands from high school. It seems liek they are trying to hard to be artsy. On their myspace they talk about exstinstilism and authors like douglas coupland and fyodor dostoevsky which are two of my favorite authors but i don't know they seme to be trying to change their image of a pop punk into something that they aren't. Its sad. I'm just wondering if any one else feels the same way
I got kicked off My University Server for a month for doing stuff i shouldn't be doing (my love for music out weighs my love for money). I won't be to active for a month.
yeah i was REALLY dissapointed too. especially since so long astoria is my of my favorite cds ever, even though im not a big fan of the genre. i guess when you go through so many band member changes, your influences change and you wont ever be the same band again. it makes me so sad
Quote by Allnightmask22
It's like an internet "_____ Name Generator." Close family member + crude name for genitals + compromising sexual scenario + embarrassing or unknown sexual state (IE: Bestiality, incest, necrophilia) = Insult Gold.
Wow I havn't really listened to these guys since pre-astoria. That being said I really liked them when I was a sophmore in hs. I didn't really like so long astoria. wow sophmore in highschool, that was some time ago.
wow i'm sorry for my horrible spelling , the ataris, welcome the night, not welcome to the night.
I got kicked off My University Server for a month for doing stuff i shouldn't be doing (my love for music out weighs my love for money). I won't be to active for a month.
They are super bland and monotonous, but they're great fun.

I like So Long, Astoria.
And if ever You come near, I will hold up high a mirror.
Lord, I could never show you anything as beautiful as You.
I liked the cheyenne line too, easily my favorite song off of welcome the night that is...

Yeah they arent pop punk anymore at all...I cant see them making another cd after this one.

Oh yeah, kris's voice is REALLY different.
Beauty Supreme

Yeah you were right about me
Last edited by Guitarist132 at Feb 14, 2007,
i just can't get over how much i don't like these lyrics, they are over the top emotional BS. i mean they would be fine if i felt it in his voice but all i get is this monotone voice
^possibly
Quote by Allnightmask22
It's like an internet "_____ Name Generator." Close family member + crude name for genitals + compromising sexual scenario + embarrassing or unknown sexual state (IE: Bestiality, incest, necrophilia) = Insult Gold.
Quote by bandgeek10
How long has "welcome the night" been out for?

a week i think
Quote by slowdescent2020
a week i think

Thats crazy considering they said it would be ready and realeased over a year ago, when i was a big ataris fan.
Beauty Supreme

Quote by Guitarist132
Thats crazy considering they said it would be ready and realeased over a year ago, when i was a big ataris fan.

many many member rotations
The cd is ok, its going to take a little of getting use too it though. Kris's voice is way different from SLA.
Official Mascot of The Fender Armada!
Two Four Six Eight, Who Do We Appreciate? Yay Fender Woooo!!

Epiphone G-400 Custom - Fitted with a Original Bigsby B5
Fender 65 Twin Reverb
Fulltone OCD
Vox V847 Wah
Rotovibe
Boss Flanger
MXR Phase 90
Quote by Supernova5
The cd is ok, its going to take a little of getting use too it though. Kris's voice is way different from SLA.

man i haven't listened to it since the day i got it and i have to tell yout he truth i actually feel bad for not liking it. I just feel like a band i use to love so much has taken a wrong turn in my mind. I felt this way after the last two Juliana Theory Albums came out
Yeah, I got the new album too: it's pretty below par, to be honest. Whatever Lies Will Help You Rest is pretty good, and the intro is absolutely awesome. But that's about all that stands out
██████████████████████
██████████████████████
██████████████████████
██████████████████████
██████████████████████
██
████████████████████
██
████████████████████
██████████████████████
Quote by slowdescent2020
man i haven't listened to it since the day i got it and i have to tell yout he truth i actually feel bad for not liking it. I just feel like a band i use to love so much has taken a wrong turn in my mind. I felt this way after the last two Juliana Theory Albums came out

Haha, i know what you mean

I almost feel bad for not caring about this band because of this cd, after growing up listening to em in middle school..
Beauty Supreme