Does anyone have any experience with this? I really want to start my own cd/dvd store in my hometown, but its just in the idea stage....I was just wondering if any of you guys knew anything about starting your own business, particularly the one I'm interested in...
id say you have to find a building and a lot of cds...... then find the money to buy them all.
Quote by pimpslap1236
holy shit that was so ****in funny. i spit a full glass of milk on my computer screen cuz of that. you sir win the funniest comment of the evening award. i salute you

Fightin the power with no avatar.
and it really depends on your business plan. it's gotta be SOUND. very, very well thought-out with contingency plans and whatnot or else the bank will turn down your loan request and investors will not be interested in it. but it depends, maybe if you have a really innovative thing then you'll have a better chance but for a music/dvd store i'm not so sure, there's A LOT of competition there, unless you find a niche for yourself such as just selling rarities/foreign/indie.
selling cd/dvds or hiring out?

you'll need a coupla licenses to do it, and a shitload of money not only for property and the actual cds but electricity, licences, labour, etc. etc..
talk to someone who knows about it, even an accountant could help
Quote by King ofKumbucha
classic

what can i say, i learned it all from the monopoly guy. lol.
Quote by pimpslap1236
holy shit that was so ****in funny. i spit a full glass of milk on my computer screen cuz of that. you sir win the funniest comment of the evening award. i salute you

Fightin the power with no avatar.
The only business thing ive ever done was this project for business students in yr 10 at my high school. Basically everyone had to form a business with friends and sell loads of stuff during a week. I got a little bit of experience in it, a lot of the time we just mucked around with advertising and our products but we also did the serious book keeping and all that nonsense as well.

My advice is that advertising is the key. Once you have it all set up, work out a catchy slogan and business name then flog the shit off it through the newpapers and school/work.
Quote by J.R.R. Tolkein
All that is gold does not glitter; not all those that wander are lost.

Quote by CowboyUp
If a mute swears, does his mum wash his hands with soap?

Food for thought from AussiE