Ok to start off with im a Newb when it comes to chord theory. I have no clue what the circle of 5ths is so id appreciate some help. Also i tries reading about chord and scale relation and it doesnt make sense to me. Here is what i think i understand so far.

A C chord is taken from the C major scale, the way that the C chord is found is by taking the root,third and fifth. well the root,third and fifth are all on the A,D and G strings so why do we also strum open high E and the first fret on the B string? Im really confused so any help would be appreciated.
"There are two wolves fighting inside all of us - the wolf of fear and hate, and the wolf of love and peace." The grandson listened, then looked up at his grandfather and asked, "Which one will win?", The grandfather replied, "the one we feed".
Because all those "extra" notes are also chord tones - extra "copies" of the notes of a C major triad: C, E, G.
as is my understanding, the actual notes in a (open) c chord are from low to high:
c-e-g-c-e. While just using the c-e-g from the a,d, and g strings would make a compelte chord, the extra c and e notes make it fuller.

~Dan
Yeah, think of a chord in terms of notes, not just what frets or open strings you play on the guitar.
You can throw in a G on the Low E string to to get it even fuller sounding.
Quote by Fixer
HAHAHAHA omg I wanna sig that but i dont know how.
To be honest, it is very hard to picture triads on a guitar. You should picture it on a piano, as it is clearer to see the intervals and the workings of the chord. When you get onto inversions you will understand why it is much better on the piano
Quote by Robbie n strat
In the changing rooms we'd all jump around so our dicks and balls bounced all over the place, which we found hilarious.

Little children should be felt, not heard.