kinda shitty acoustic cover of bad fish by sublime recorded on my buzzy ass acoustic guitar. i realize it doesn't really sound like the actual song. crit it very hard please!!! flame me if you feel the need or whatever. i want an honest representation of how this sounds... especially the vocals. i know they sound thin, they have no reverb. but yeah be honest and harsh. thanks.

http://www.myspace.com/****************************************

haha that link wont work cause it got edited... sorry

http://profile.myspace.com/index.cfm?fuseaction=user.viewprofile&friendid=158258652

that should work better.
Well to be honest i thought i was pretty damn good just work on recording it better, as in quality wise. vocals were thin but you can tell you know how to sing it and you did well.

8/10.
i know the vocals are very thin. if anyone could give me tips on how to make them sound fatter and warmer that would be good. i tried eqing them but i got a super bassy nasally sound that didn't cut through at all, and reverb made it sound much too muddy. tips would be greatly appreciated and i want to try and avoid double tracking, cause i think it makes it sound over produced. thank you for being so nice though!!!
what are you using to record?
Light is faster than sound. That is why some people appear bright until you hear them speak.

Quote by Scott3229
if i wanted to get brain washed and then throw all my money away, id go to church

"I see, you've been blinded by what you believe" Sully Erna
a nady systems (haha cheap... i know) vocal mic and an old electro-voice dynamic cardoid into an mbox two and whatever the latest protools software is. i know some of this stuff isn't too great, but it was all free, so i'm not complaining.
You will likely need a new mic if you want dramatically better vocals.
Light is faster than sound. That is why some people appear bright until you hear them speak.

Quote by Scott3229
if i wanted to get brain washed and then throw all my money away, id go to church

"I see, you've been blinded by what you believe" Sully Erna
damn... is there a way to make them better using that equipment? i don't really want proffessional quality stuff, but just a way to fatten them up a little would be awesome.
very unique. Very different from the original but I like it. The only advice I have is to slow down a bit. It sounds a tad rushed. If you took it easy ill bet you could really do an awesome version of this song. I like it man. Keep it up.

7/10
I didn't think we would ever make enough money to pay rent by playing music.
-Gregg Allman

*Insert sarcastic, ego-boosting quote here*
^i've begun playing the song in A flat instead of A, so i can match the original melody better using my voice. and i've started using some cool steel drum sounding triad melodies i've become quite fond of as of late. i also reworked some phrases in the solo, although i improvise it anyways.