righto, im auditioning for the jazz band at school. i dont really listen to jazz, it was either that or the concert band or the choir.

so i was wondering what shoud i play. im self taught, playing for 2 years.

i can play stairway(not solo, not paitent enough), Sweet Child O Mine Intro and Solo until the fast part, Californication, Enter Sandman intro (heh who cant play that). I guess im still a begginner, but im the best or one of the best in my year.

and can you reccomend me some jazz artists and bands?

oh yeh and what am i in for?

thanks UG,
CC
*reported*

don't make duplicate threads.
"There he goes. One of God's own prototypes. Some kind of high powered mutant never even considered for mass production. Too weird to live, and too rare to die."-Duke
Wow, seriously, you need to think about it before you decide to audition for a jazz band. Playing Stairway to Heaven? Enter Sandman? Seriously, it's called a brain, God gave it to you to use it.
thats, not very good. ur going to have to practice, u should learn some theory previous to trying out. and you should learn how to read sheet music
i usually hate Hal Leonard books but they have a good Jazz Method book out. it teahes you jazz theory, voicings, common progressions, and there are about ten jazz standards in it to. play a chord melody version of Orinithology and you will definately get the gig.

I would learn at least a bluesy or jazzy sounding song. Honeysuckle Rose is easy, so is Road Song. You are probably going to be only playing rhythm so learn the chordr to a jazz standard.
if you wanna take the hearts of many Giant Steps or Softly as in a morning sunrise
NYLON ACOUSTICS!

Quote by Stop Messin'
Circle jerk eh? Jeez look out Eddie Van Halen, The_Clap is making a Spankenstrat

Quote by zeppelinpage4
Yeah no foreplay needed with a Blues Jr. she'll warm herself up.