Ok my friend has this worn out strat copy. His uncle builds guitars, and well it's complete bare, its got no electronics. I want to buy it becuase of its looks, i've always wanted a worn out lookin strat. But i dont know how much it'd be to get electronics hooked up to it because i dont know what to do at all. I was thinking about getting these hot noiseless pick up set. i have no clue what to buy for the pick up switch but i wanted a 5 way toggle, and two volume knobs and a tone knob. any help would be much appreciated
You can also check out the pickups guitarfetish.com has. They're well liked at this forum, and they're really affordable. They also have prewired pickguards, that might fit right with your Strat - depending on how many screws there are.
guitarelectronics.com should have a kit for all the other parts you need that isn't too espensive.
FYI - the standard strat setup has a master volume and two tones.
Quote by forsaknazrael
You can also check out the pickups guitarfetish.com has. They're well liked at this forum, and they're really affordable. They also have prewired pickguards, that might fit right with your Strat - depending on how many screws there are.
guitarelectronics.com should have a kit for all the other parts you need that isn't too espensive.
FYI - the standard strat setup has a master volume and two tones.

+1 on the guitar fetish stuff, its awesome

and im pretty sure they make prewired stuff, so you can probably get away with minimal wiring.
What options do you want on the 5-way? How many pickups do you want to have? Why two volumes and one tone?
Will says:
DON'T FEAR THE REAPER!
- SmarterChild - says:
I don't know if I can help it.

Member #6 of the "I play my guitar as high as Tom Morello does" club