I have finally been playing guitar long enough that I have to change strings. My only problem is I am not 100% sure how. My teacher showed me how to change the low E string and now I am trying to do the A string myself. I have noticed the string I am trying to put on seams to have 2 ends. One ends with the nylon (or whatever thread like stuff is inside a classical guitar string) poking out (and the metal stuff coiled around it gets further and further apart until it is no more) and the other is cleanly cut off. Which end of the string is which? Or should I cut off the end with the thread hanging out a bit and make them both the same.
Its a classical acoustic. And thx for the link LEPIV, although it did not really answer my question.
I guess he's talking about classical!
btw This subject really interests me: I changed my old electric guitars strings many times with various results, now its about time to change strings to the new beloved expensive new guitar, and id like to know a little bit more about it before putting my hands on it! Isnt there any topic showing the right technique to change strings for an electric guitar on the forum?

@kilbie: I don't think it really matters which end of the string is where...
Don't worry, be happy.
Last edited by iLTeo86 at Feb 13, 2007,
yep. if really want quick replies. it's best to ask there.

halfway down shows a classical string method for nylon string guitars.

http://www.wholenote.com/default.asp?iTarget=http%3A//www.wholenote.com/cgi-bin/page_view.pl%3Fl%3D577

see if this helps any other questions you can also post up there. ill see it.
Jenneh

Quote by TNfootballfan62
Jenny needs to sow her wild oats with random Gibsons and Taylors she picks up in bars before she settles down with a PRS.

Set up Questions? ...Q & A Thread

Recognised by the Official EG/GG&A/GB&C WTLT Lists 2011
Did you read my question!!?? It isnt "how do i change strings". And yes, I did read the sticky and it didnt really answer my question.
ok good luck.

/kilbie
Jenneh

Quote by TNfootballfan62
Jenny needs to sow her wild oats with random Gibsons and Taylors she picks up in bars before she settles down with a PRS.

Set up Questions? ...Q & A Thread

Recognised by the Official EG/GG&A/GB&C WTLT Lists 2011
Quote by kilbie
I have finally been playing guitar long enough that I have to change strings. My only problem is I am not 100% sure how. My teacher showed me how to change the low E string and now I am trying to do the A string myself. I have noticed the string I am trying to put on seams to have 2 ends. One ends with the nylon (or whatever thread like stuff is inside a classical guitar string) poking out (and the metal stuff coiled around it gets further and further apart until it is no more) and the other is cleanly cut off. Which end of the string is which? Or should I cut off the end with the thread hanging out a bit and make them both the same.

is it okay if i sig the part about the strin seeming to have to ends?

i'll do it anyways