Hey guys,
i have to perform a solo piece (with or without backing track) for my music class exam. I've been playing for about a year on accoustic, and just got an electric (so i'm not too bad).
could you guys plz help me choice a song, coz i have no idea what to play.
i like bands like gnr, pink floyd, led zep, metallica, wolfmother, queen and stuff like that.

any help would be appreciated
Ibanez RG321
Ashton AB2 Bass
Ashton BA15 Amp
Vox AD30VT
Segovia Classical
maybe the sweet child of mine solo
COLOR=Black]Når du itte vart som du sku for du verra som du æ!

Det var en liten hilsen fra bestemor til meg
Try The Thing That Should Not Be by Metallica - tis quite easy as long as you don't tell your examiner there is a solo in it. And also if you like Megadeth you might wana try A Tout Le Monde, cos the solos pretty easy on that.
Quote by MightyAl
I lean towards Butthole Surfers because only a butthole would carry a surfboard around a town.

Teh Gearz:

Cruiser Stratocaster
Feng Ling G15 Amplifier
Digitech Grunge Pedal
Daphon E20PH Phaser Pedal
Do you need an instrumental song to play? (it wouldn't be really good to play chords for 3 or 4 verses without vocals)
midnight by joe satriani is pretty easy and it sound good.
COLOR=Black]Når du itte vart som du sku for du verra som du æ!

Det var en liten hilsen fra bestemor til meg
Blackbird is always a really nice Acoustic song, and with all the fingerpicking it doesn't sound empty when theres just the one guitar, if you get what I mean.

You could play Yngie Malmsteens cover of Beethovens 5th symphony, its really easy, and its a classic song everyone knows, and your teacher will think your cool if you play it with the distortion and whatnot.
Play any Wolfmother song.
"Breathe, breathe in the air
Don't be afraid to care"

Fender Strat/Tokai LS80>few pedals>Orange Rocker 30
thnx, for those suggestions.
i can play blackbird, but someone else in my class is doing it.
that ywingie malmsteem one sounds cool though
Ibanez RG321
Ashton AB2 Bass
Ashton BA15 Amp
Vox AD30VT
Segovia Classical
Quote by winno
Blackbird is always a really nice Acoustic song, and with all the fingerpicking it doesn't sound empty when theres just the one guitar, if you get what I mean.

You could play Yngie Malmsteens cover of Beethovens 5th symphony, its really easy, and its a classic song everyone knows, and your teacher will think your cool if you play it with the distortion and whatnot.

unless the teachers a really uptight classical guy, in which case he'd hate the distortion. methinks.

but i agree, Blackbird is a great song. even if you dont sing
Dee by Randy Rhoads. It sounds tough, but try it, always impresses when I play it. Mozart's Symphony in G would be good too.
Dickless.
Falling Away With Your by Muse. It has a lot of easy finger picking and easy chords on the chorus.