Page 1 of 8
Has anyone else here heard of them, I THINK they are quite new, and I have heard a few of there songs, and found them exquisite :P ^.^ Anyone else share my opinion? :P
They are not new, fool. They've been around since 1995.

And they do indeed pwn.

But you should've done a seach, theres tons of threads on them.
roar
Actually, I did some digging on them, and they haven't been really 'around' since 1995, but since 2000-2001, and if you notice I said 'Think' :P But yea, sorry I didn't do a search
Well I know that now, I am look at the other threads about them, I only found out about them yesterday, and have been playing them non-stop, hmm.
If you like them, check out Wintersun as well, Jari Maenpaa's other project. (Which I would say is better than Ensiferum).
roar
Im probably the only human being that thinks Iron > S/T
- Treat people the way you would like to be treated.
- Don't do to others what you wouldn't like others to do to you.
- Live and let live.
- Always tell the truth.
- If someone looks at you, just give them a nice smile they won't soon forget
Quote by SorrowIsMe

Yeah, you are. S/T >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> Iron by far. Does anyone know if the stuff with Petri Lindroos is as good as Jari's work? Does it fit the Ensiferum style?
Quote by Nokturnus
Yeah, you are. S/T >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> Iron by far. Does anyone know if the stuff with Petri Lindroos is as good as Jari's work? Does it fit the Ensiferum style?

What the hell?!?!?!?!

Are you saying S/T>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>Iron without even listening to it in the 1st place?

No offense,but you sir are a poser, seriously.
- Treat people the way you would like to be treated.
- Don't do to others what you wouldn't like others to do to you.
- Live and let live.
- Always tell the truth.
- If someone looks at you, just give them a nice smile they won't soon forget
Victory Songs owns! One More Magic Potion is really good. I think Petri is "better" for Ensiferum than Jari, he fits better in Wintersun.
8 days till Victory Songs YIPPEE!

Quote by SorrowIsMe

No I agree with you, S/T seemed boring to me and I didn't listen to it as much as Iron.
--
...and the world sighed in relief
Last edited by PaintOurSilence at Feb 13, 2007,
Quote by SorrowIsMe
What the hell?!?!?!?!

Are you saying S/T>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>Iron without even listening to it in the 1st place?

No offense,but you sir are a poser, seriously.

Lindroos was on Iron? I thought Jari did Iron too. If not, my mistake. I have Iron, and the S/T, and I much prefer the S/T.
into battle is parhaps one of my favorite songs of all time, its just awesome Treacherous gods is good listening too Have yet to check out victory songs but i'm sure Ensiferum could never disappoint me.
Token of Time, Abandoned and LAI LAI HEI >> all
Although, well every single song absolutly kicks a$$. \m/
Holy sh!t I just love them
^ seconded.

Äh, Sie wollen also mit Schlitz.
Guardians of Fate is my favourite song when Jari was with them, But i honestly think that Petri is a better fit for the band, it still has the same viking/folk feel to it, but petris vocals just make it sound that much more powerful, and i think Dragonheads is the best song with Petri.
Quote by MedicreDemon
Metalheads aren't assholes.

It's the damn Blues fans.

Quote by Stimpomatic
one of my friends wouldnt let me play turok 2 for the n64 with him so i threw my controller at the back of his head and hit him pretty hard.

haha
i think petri fits better with ensiferum, even though i absolutely love the self titled album, wanderer off of victory songs is kick ass
Ain't Nuthin' But a UG Thang: Tha' Get Away Driva' of the UG Hip Hop/Guitar Music Equality Illuminati

Quote by Alicee
I gave my brother a hand job. It was weird at first. It was weirder after.

Quote by ZeM00finMan
Actually, I did some digging on them, and they haven't been really 'around' since 1995, but since 2000-2001, and if you notice I said 'Think' :P But yea, sorry I didn't do a search

Ummm no they have been around for 10 years hence the 10 year aniversary DVD
and that btw was made in 2005 so go figure
nyrkki
Founder of UG's COB Hatecrew
I love me some Ensiferum.

I didn't really know about them besides just seeing the name, until after my friend got me into Wintersun, and I don't think he even knows about Ensiferum.

But, yea, Jari's amazing. He's a fantastic player.
Voted 3rd Friendliest User of UG 2010

BUILD A TIME MACHINE, AND JERK OFF IN IT, AND SEND IT TO HITLER!

Saxo-Walrus

Steam & PSN ID: Panopticon20
Ughh everybody in the metal kids in my city are obsessed with these guys.Their lame in my opinion, Wintersun is pretty good though, not as poppy and bland.
Quote by Steve08
Acid probably makes you feel less like a hedonistic raver piece of trash, too.

Quote by bimsterfls
I thought Victory Songs was going to be terrible, to my suprise it is very solid.

Yes, who knew Petri wouldn't suck at folk metal? It is an incredible album.

Luckily, I still thought Jari was in the band until I heard Wintersun, so I had no bias.

Jari leaving was a good thing in the long run. Instead of one awesome Ensiferum, we still get awesome Ensiferum and Wintersun.

Petri actually doing great in another genre gives me hope for Frederik (Arch Enemy guy) in Opeth.

There is another Ensiferum thread, by the way.

Quote by Riffmast
Ughh everybody in the metal kids in my city are obsessed with these guys.Their lame in my opinion, Wintersun is pretty good though, not as poppy and bland.

Ensiferum is poppy? That's news to me. I thought Wintersun has just as many melodies and no folk influences, making it even more accessible.
Quote by Riffmast

Ensiferum is not the least bit poppy, thats the one of the most idiotic things I've heard this year... In my opinion, they're one of the most solid bands in Modern Metal.
If you know about Ensiferum and Wintersun... You'll have to know about Norther some day or an other!

And hmm.... 'Token of Time' owns!
Note: Sorry if my grammar and/or vocabulary isn't very good, English is my 2nd language!

Quote by Resiliance
you show me yours and I'll show you mine!

If you're wondering where I've been gone, click here!
I love Ensiferum, but I only have Iron, Ensiferum and Victory Songs so I haven't heard the older material. I prefer Petri to Jari, Petri's vocals are t3h sex.
NOPE.
If you like ensiferum check out Finntroll.
Quote by Dog454
Zakk Wylde is a Viking, and history has proven that you cannot own Vikings, it's impossible.

POKER..UG
I like Jari's stuff more overall, though it used to be the other way around. I love the Dragonheads EP however, the CD that got me into Ensiferum.
Quote by Twist of fate
Aliens can invade us. Apparently you've never heard of pearl harbor

I listen to Ensiferum everyday. Some real good tracks in the Jari days. Haven't really heard much else.

Great music.
I truly am my own redeemer
Blindly I follow none but myself
Without fear I am
Unhallowed be my name

Myself am hell and hell I shall unleash
I laugh at Thee to scorn
Mock Thy majesty
Pour forth my chalice ov victory
Quote by 6_6_6_1_syn
Battle Song + One More Magic Potion + Iron = ftw definitely.

I especially like the part when he's talking about taking the devil's berries lol.
If you see me in the pit, know that I'm only there because the metal forum is moving slowly.
Quote by Sn^ke

i think nebarskan is a cool guy, eh wears a nile and doesnt afraid of anything

Quote by stanleybach
Aren't you proud to wear that Nile? You don't afraid of anything man!
So Victory Songs is my first full album by Ensiferum, and it's amazing. I've heard some of the stuff Jari did with them and that was pretty epic too. I think I'm going to get Iron soon...
i've been really getting into viking metal more. bought their dvd on the weekend. the first 10 mins are the best.

buying amon amarth next.

but yes, ensiferum pwn. and their singer is the singer from Norther too? hes one evil lookin dude.
Na man watch Lai Lai Hei and Into the Battle, or the very last song on the disc
nyrkki
Founder of UG's COB Hatecrew
Any love for Treacherous gods? I f*cking love that song.

'I HAVE SEEN THROUGH THE EYES OF A WOLF!!!
AND FELT ALL ITS PAIN AND LONELINESS!!'
WHY DID I BECOME A HOBO!?

Currently playing - Bioshock (360) Forza 2 (360) Mario Kart (Wii) and some CoD4 (360)
lai lai hei is the ****

too bad their keyboardist left
Leader of The Mighty Powermetal Brethren. PM me to join.

ALL HAIL DYSTOPIA!!!

Angry Mob