my friend is goin to play live soon in front of a large audience, but his problem is that when he gets nervous he shakes in his hands and this causes him not to play very good etc..

does this problem occur with anyone else here? and if so how do you stop the shakeiness..

thanks
Quote by Live_Undead
get a hammer, tap it a couple times, and put butter on it.
I get nervous playing in front of my parents, so I can't even imagine what I'd be like on stage.

Anyway, as Dobzilla suggested, drink a little bit of alcohol before the show.
Proud owner of an Engl Thunder 50 Reverb and an Ibanez S470

"The end is extremely fucking nigh..."
yeah that happens to me too, its damn annoying. no idea what to do about it though
lyrics - the gap between the solos
theres a pill in the uk which supose to help you relax when doing your diveing test,
try loking around for somin like it,.
Ibanez S470
Boss ME-50...
Some old amp...

^

I'd be careful where you get that from for obvious reasons.

@ THREADSTARTER:

Personally I'd just let him have a little drink and tell him he's a great player and he's well up for it.
Quote by ibanezn00b
theres a pill in the uk which supose to help you relax when doing your diveing test,
try loking around for somin like it,.

Yeah they are called calms or something, you cant just pop 1 before a show though...........your supposed to take them regularly to gradually easy nervs. Besides i tried them for my driving test a few years back and they done squat all. Although i did pass.
Quote by Gbell3587
Yeah they are called calms or something, you cant just pop 1 before a show though...........your supposed to take them regularly to gradually easy nervs. Besides i tried them for my driving test a few years back and they done squat all. Although i did pass.

Calms? Oh they are totlaly legal! :P

They do work.
hmm... usually i'm nervous before the gig. but when u start playing the first song is slowly goes away and by the time youre into the 2nd he's probably gonna be rocking to the music already.

my first gig i was nervous as hell tho haha, altho i managed to pull thru.

it helps to have lots of friends present as well i guess.

best of luck!
Fender American Strat.
i reckon my first gig i probly wont be able to play anything....ill be shaking so bad...lol
make sure u got some friends in d crowd tell them to give a loud cheer tht should boost ur confidence and then evrythin comes easy just enjoy the music and ignore all the boos forget abt everythin and just enjoy the music
orville
I get shit scared before every gig but I play better when I'm nervous. Just tell him that he'll be fine
Quote by Bumper
Looks like you had a big bowl of Downs Syndrome for breakfast.

Member of the Bass Militia, PM Nutter_101 to join

Lover of Ashdown? Join the Ashdown Army!
Quote by white_strat_dlx
my friend is goin to play live soon in front of a large audience, but his problem is that when he gets nervous he shakes in his hands and this causes him not to play very good etc..

does this problem occur with anyone else here? and if so how do you stop the shakeiness..

thanks

Is your 'friend' by any chance... you?
I still get nervous, and i've played infront of a few hundred people a few times.

Playing in front of less than 20 people is scary, because everyone knows you instantly and you can pick them out, with a hundred or more people they just become one mob so it's all good

but i still don't know how to cure it... you just get used to it :S i played infront of my whole school (500+ people) and when i'm nervous i rest all my weight on my front foot and leave the left one behind me as if i was going to walk into the mike, that way, my left foot can basically skip around and use up all the nerves while i sing and play.

But i can play properly whether i'm nervous or not, maybe i'll miss 1 note or 2 in a solo but nothing really major...

sorry i'm not much help 8-)
Need Singing Advice?; Read the first page then ask questions.

Quote by punkman_123
Damn Auals, you're messed up. :P

Quote by ZanasCross
This just reminded me of the time that my brother in law texted his mom on the night after his wedding. All it said was "Consummated."
Last edited by Auals at Feb 13, 2007,