12b13r(12)

When I see something like that in a tab, I'm not always sure exactly what it means. In the song, the guitarist doesn't use the 13th fret for that part. So, what exactly is the 13 there for?
Click for charity.

Pidgeot of the Pokemon Club
PM Calebrocker to join.

92% of UGers jump on annoying bandwagons. Don't put this in your sig if you're one of the 8% with an opinion.
Let's say we're talking about the E string here:

It means use a half bend on the 12th fret (E) in order to reach a note half a step up (F). Half bending the twelfth fret is inherently the same as fretting the the thirteenth fret, it just adds to the dynamics and phrasing.

So, basically, the tab is saying bend the 12th fret until you reach the tone of the 13th fret, then release. The correct way to write it would be:

12b(13)r12
Proud owner of an Engl Thunder 50 Reverb and an Ibanez S470

"The end is extremely fucking nigh..."
Last edited by Smokey Amp at Feb 13, 2007,
Quote by Smokey Amp
Let's say we're talking about the E string here:

It means use a half bend on the 12th fret (E) in order to reach a note half a step up (F). Half bending the twelfth fret is inherently the same as fretting the the thirteenth fret, it just adds to the dynamics and phrasing.

So, basically, the tab is saying bend the 12th fret until you reach the tone of the 13th fret, then release. The correct way to write it would be:

12b(13)r12

Ah, thanks. I figured it was something along those lines, but I wasn't sure.
Click for charity.

Pidgeot of the Pokemon Club
PM Calebrocker to join.

92% of UGers jump on annoying bandwagons. Don't put this in your sig if you're one of the 8% with an opinion.