Page 1 of 2
I have see threads on funny things said about guitars and what not, so what is the funniest thing anyone has said to you about music is general. Today at school a mate of mine was talking about Slayer and i looked through my mtal hammer mag and pointed them out to him and he says to me "oh, Slayers a band? I thought it was a style of music." I laughed my ass off at him.

So anyone delt with someone like this??
Quote by вяaи∂ иєw
I vote you for Australian of the Year.

Quote by Dunjma
lol yea chuck the sicky! what an aussie tradition angels fighter i too vote u for aussie of the year

Quote by Deliriumbassist
I call bullsh*t. White people don't get sacked.

Visit my friends Site
"Well,atleast the music I like is played on actuall instruments" - Me to an a-hole of a person after he said that rock is crap(he likes rap).
Girl wearing a Pink Floyd "Dark Side of The Moon" t-shirt.

Me playing Pink Floyd on my iPod.

She says "Yeah, Pink Floyd is pretty good. I've been meaning to get some of HIS albums...."

We have lingered in the chambers of the sea
By sea-girls wreathed with seaweed red and brown
Till human voices wake us, and we drown.

- T.S. Eliot

Quote by MannishBoy91

She says "Yeah, Pink Floyd is pretty good. I've been meaning to get some of HIS albums...."

hi, my name is pink.... wtf
Quote by MannishBoy91

That reminds me, i was talking to a girl one time and she said she loves pink floyd so i started singing Another brick in the wall. and she asked who sing that song. its like their most famous song and she claims she loves them
Quote by вяaи∂ иєw

Quote by Dunjma
lol yea chuck the sicky! what an aussie tradition angels fighter i too vote u for aussie of the year

Quote by Deliriumbassist

Visit my friends Site
Why is everyone so damn elitist it's like you guys have never made a mistake in your entire life!!!!!!!!!!!!! And if you sang it to her and she didn't recognise it maybe you just can't sing!

/crotchiness, I'm ill
Quote by Angels Fighter
That reminds me, i was talking to a girl one time and she said she loves pink floyd so i started singing Another brick in the wall. and she asked who sing that song. its like their most famous song and she claims she loves them

Maybe she recognized it, but couldn't put her finger on what band it was. It happens to me sometimes with some of my favorite bands. Then again, maybe she's just dumb.
Click for charity.

Pidgeot of the Pokemon Club
PM Calebrocker to join.

92% of UGers jump on annoying bandwagons. Don't put this in your sig if you're one of the 8% with an opinion.
Quote by shav0r
Why is everyone so damn elitist it's like you guys have never made a mistake in your entire life!!!!!!!!!!!!! And if you sang it to her and she didn't recognise it maybe you just can't sing!

/crotchiness, I'm ill

Calm down.
Buttsecks?
Click for charity.

Pidgeot of the Pokemon Club
PM Calebrocker to join.

92% of UGers jump on annoying bandwagons. Don't put this in your sig if you're one of the 8% with an opinion.
Emo kid in the city: I love punk.
Me: Oh yeh, what bands you into?
Emo: You know, punk bands. Green Day, My Chemical Romance, Ranic at the Disco. All the good punk ones.
Me: *walks away*
Quote by DJaye

and it was about that time his sister comes bounding in, as she forgot to grab her handbag, only to see her brother running down the hallway with his dick hanging out and a hotdog sausage up his arse
Quote by Haha, Crackhead

Buttsecks?

Why? Its not fucking funny.
Tears in waves, minds on fire
Nights alone by your side
Quote by Haha, Crackhead
Maybe she recognized it, but couldn't put her finger on what band it was. It happens to me sometimes with some of my favorite bands. Then again, maybe she's just dumb.

She's blonde. enough said. not that i have anything against blondes but she was a stereotype
Quote by вяaи∂ иєw

Quote by Dunjma

Quote by Deliriumbassist

Visit my friends Site
Quote by -Stain-
Emo: You know, punk bands. Green Day, My Chemical Romance, Ranic at the Disco. All the good punk ones.

It'd be funnier if he actually said "ranic"
Quote by fronkpies
Why? Its not fucking funny.

its fun
Quote by вяaи∂ иєw

Quote by Dunjma

Quote by Deliriumbassist

Visit my friends Site
"Dude Pink Floyd and the Beatles are shit, Wolfmother are way better and more original" Coming from my old lead guitarist, needless to say i am no longer with that band.
there has been a thread exactly like this before.

anyway, on the last thread one of the kids said "the stupidest thing anyone's told me about music is that one time at my music class this kid (who i hate anyway) started writing me some stupid jazz music, and told that jazz theory enriches everything you'll ever want to play, or something like that. Yeah Right. As soon as I got home i threw the music away. =)"

that was the stupidest thing i've ever heard someone say about music. that kid was a faggot.
Quote by Feel bad inc.
"Dude Pink Floyd and the Beatles are shit, Wolfmother are way better and more original" Coming from my old lead guitarist, needless to say i am no longer with that band.

Wolfmother are excellent,but better then Pink Floyd and Beatles?
Seriously,they come from three different categories and cant be compaired.
Quote by Ferdinandstrat
Wolfmother are excellent,but better then Pink Floyd and Beatles?
Seriously,they come from three different categories and cant be compaired.

I agree with that they are good, but better than the beatles and pink floyd Anyone with any taste in music at least recognizes that they are good bands, i dont like the music Led Zep for example produces but i recognize the contribution they made to music. Were as this kid was pretty much saying nothing good ever came out of these 2 bands, the argument over this kept going for a while tho so you dont have the full story i guess.
Quote by Feel bad inc.
I agree with that they are good, but better than the beatles and pink floyd Anyone with any taste in music at least recognizes that they are good bands, i dont like the music Led Zep for example produces but i recognize the contribution they made to music. Were as this kid was pretty much saying nothing good ever came out of these 2 bands, the argument over this kept going for a while tho so you dont have the full story i guess.

I love you for your maturity.
Quote by Ferdinandstrat
I love you for your maturity.

Being smart are you? or serious? i cant tell over the net anymore
Quote by snowblind190

I searched for it and couldnt find it so I assumed it didnt exist
Quote by вяaи∂ иєw

Quote by Dunjma

Quote by Deliriumbassist

Visit my friends Site
Quote by Feel bad inc.
Being smart are you? or serious? i cant tell over the net anymore

just sig it and take it a a compliment
Quote by вяaи∂ иєw

Quote by Dunjma

Quote by Deliriumbassist

Visit my friends Site
one dude told me that led zeppelin was a dude! LOL
and that he was the best guitarist!
honorary member of the lumpia lovers club

BREAK THE INDUSTRY
Quote by snowblind190

anyway, on the last thread one of the kids said "the stupidest thing anyone's told me about music is that one time at my music class this kid (who i hate anyway) started writing me some stupid jazz music, and told that jazz theory enriches everything you'll ever want to play, or something like that. Yeah Right. As soon as I got home i threw the music away. =)"

that was the stupidest thing i've ever heard someone say about music. that kid was a faggot.

It's true though..... when it comes to jazz lol it doesn't apply to all music because it would make some of it sound like an overworked piece of shit but it definately does enrich chords and sounds

my friend told me that me that my music was hollow (whatever that means) i showed him some Blind Guardian and while he listens to techno lol he told me that techno is all about the music and the words i laughed and said it takes them like 5 minutes to say one word properly
UNLEASH THE FOCKING BURGERS
for our set music test, the teacher gave us a set arangment of sheet music to play, 1 problem...its ****ing flute music. needless to say i was much to lazy to actuly learn the song so me and the other guitarest with me decided to sing and play eye of the tiger, it was really funny, and the teacher got really pissed off. after class the teacher comes up to me and says, "im sorry i got mad at you, those were some very nice JAZZ riffs" i just okwardly stared at her and replied "thats not a jazz riff" and just proceeded to walk out...my elementry music teacher was a moron...
Quote by HermanForce
haha Count_Twatula owns
Quote by Ferdinandstrat
"Well,atleast the music I like is played on actuall instruments" - Me to an a-hole of a person after he said that rock is crap(he likes rap).

That isn't funny...

That's just elitist and stupid
Quote by snowblind190

I remember a post about that once
Quote by -Stain-

emo kids dont listen to those bands.....thats a scene kid.
one time i asked some guy what bands he likes
he said some newer bands like sublime and older bands like linkin park and ac/dc
i tried to be serious about the thing and just tell him that linkin part is alot newer than sublime
and hes like "no way they musta been playing for at least 15 years."
im like "no"

and later he comes out of nowhere and hes like
"shitt what i meant was led zeppelin not linkin park."

i dont really like any of those bands,
but that kid was a dumbass

ok and also somebody was insisting that bam margera was the guitarist of CKY
even though i dont like them either.....w/e
Quote by pastfatalaties
ok and also somebody was insisting that bam margera was the guitarist of CKY
even though i dont like them either.....w/e

Apparently the Black Panthers wanted to assasinate Jimi Hendrix because he had played in a band with white people. That's one of the more far out things I've heard.
O O O O O O O O O O
O O O O O O O O O O
O O O O O O O O O O
O O O O O O O O O O
O O O O O O O O O O
O O O O O O O O O O
O O O O O O O O O O
O O O O O O O O O O
O O O O O O O O O O
O O O O O O O O O O
O O O O O O O O O O
I laugh at people who say, old music sucks. like oldies, stuff from before they were born, or when they were young. I hear people say there is no point to old music.

I'm not even going to start to rant on that one.
I just wanna' go home.
Quote by kmbuchamushroom
I remember a post about that once

If you read carefully you would have noticed that he was talking about that post.
Quote by shattamakar
The only advantage of home-schooling is that it gives you good reason to commit suicide.

Hit this once or twice, and you'll be twice as nice.
Quote by walkinbazooka
If you read carefully you would have noticed that he was talking about that post.

I didn't want to seem like a stalker in case he actually meant somebody in real life.
Page 1 of 2