Could someone please explain how to read the tabs. Thanks, yes im new to E.guitar and new to the site lol! Any help would be much appreciated. Thanks.
Very simple actually... you see those lines ? yes! those six lines ! imagine those as your strings. and then you see the numbers on the lines ? yup, those numbers. 1 2 3 4 5. those numbers indicate which fret your fingers are supposed to be
The top line represents the highest (pitched) string - ie the thinnest one and the next line is the next thinnest etc. As kidroach said the numbers represent the frets. If there are two numbers one on top of the other, then you play them at the same time. Tabs dont show you note length though.
What do brackets denote in tabs? ie.

E------
B------
G------
D------
A-(0)--
D--0---
I will never travel brandishing a sharp tongue, out of fear of piercing my own heart...
Quote by YourLastAffront
What do brackets denote in tabs? ie.

E------
B------
G------
D------
A-(0)--
D--0---

Optional note.
Populus vult decipi. Decipiatur.

Quote by Mistress_Ibanez
It's can be a contraction and genitive case.

Quote by Mistress_Ibanez
If you cut down on these costs students won't learn so well, effecting the "quality"...
Quote by FrenchyFungus
Optional note.

Ok thanks mate.
I will never travel brandishing a sharp tongue, out of fear of piercing my own heart...
Quote by dannymcnamara
what about when they sound bad when your playing like 5 at once? cuz mosta mine do

Make sure you're in tune

Quote by Mistress_Ibanez

Quote by Mistress_Ibanez
If you cut down on these costs students won't learn so well, effecting the "quality"...
Ok thanks for the help people....just one thing lol! When there is a tab...does the top string in the diagram represent the top string or bottom?

1more question, when reaidn power tabs....ya know wot...im gonna crawl before i can walk! lol! Any help will be always appreciated. Cheers.
the top string in the "diagram" (tab) is the "thinest" string on ur guitar (that be top or bottom...i dunno, it can get confusing) and the bottom line on the "diagram" (tab), is the "thickest" string on ur guitar. Also....when ur play a group of notes together (a.k.a. chord) make sure ur in tune and ur reading the tab rite , then u'll be good
I have downloaded the guitar power tabs program, and have downloaded the power tabs. Just quickly though...eg. Blink 182 - Dammit, it seems the same as a normal guitar tab...whats the difference with power tabs? I know the index finger should cover all the strings....well i think thats correct....but eg if the first fret is 6 is the index finger covering all strings on the 5th fret? I hope this makes sense. Please help im confused lol! Thanks guys. Peace.
Power tabs actually play the tab for you, hit the Play button, you'll see.

Quote by Mistress_Ibanez

Quote by Mistress_Ibanez