Well most people are complaining about how the 60's was the best decade and how the music and free love was so good.

Im thinking would it be possible to just wipe out all the "rubbish" modern genres of music and bring back classic rock to the forefront again and only have the problems that people in the 60's had like when am i going to smoke my next joint not worrieing about deadlines and war.
.....im guessing you just saw austin powers and have nothing to do.....
SHAGADELICK BABY!!!
The reason the free love 60's didn't last is that free love doesn't actually work. Hippies got old and discovered that women weren't throwing themselves at them offering sex in their favorite flavor anymore.
Death to Ovation haters!
Quote by PatchworkMan
The reason the free love 60's didn't last is that free love doesn't actually work. Hippies got old and discovered that women weren't throwing themselves at them offering sex in their favorite flavor anymore.

Don't forget that they all got burnt out from all the drugs they'd been doing. During the downfall the hippies were no longer about peace and love. They were about ripping each other off just so they could feed their addictions.

Don't get me wrong though, I'm all for drugs as long as you don't go overboard.

"rubbish modern genres"

jerry garcia, jimi hendrix, and george harrison hates you for thinking music should stay stationary.
Quote by Sharly
Well most people are complaining about how the 60's was the best decade and how the music and free love was so good.

Im thinking would it be possible to just wipe out all the "rubbish" modern genres of music and bring back classic rock to the forefront again and only have the problems that people in the 60's had like when am i going to smoke my next joint not worrieing about deadlines and war.

Not worrying about war? I guess Vietnam didn't count?
Quote by primusucks
"i am so proud that by chance i am living in a place that during a territorial divide it got the largest mass of land."

hey texas, nobody cares.
Keep your fucking free love and std's to yourself, bawbag.

Don't be a fool, double-wrap your tool.
Terms and Conditions apply.
Quote by unplugtheradio

"rubbish modern genres"

jerry garcia, jimi hendrix, and george harrison hates you for thinking music should stay stationary.

The problem is that music has stayed stationary. No one is doing anything creative.
Death to Ovation haters!
Quote by PatchworkMan
The problem is that music has stayed stationary. No one is doing anything creative.

In fairness, there's nothing left to be creative about in standard pentatonic rock. There's nothing that hasn't been done before.

Thats why we're turning to electronic mediums to musical inspiration.
Terms and Conditions apply.
Quote by Ferdinandstrat
Now thnk of the people in the 60's thinking:
"Re-create the jazzing 20's?"

I keep thinking to myself "just where will music go next?". Also, what are guitars going to look like in a 100 years time?, still stratocaster shaped?

Theyve got to run out of ideas sooner or later.
Squier Classic Vibe Custom
Vox Pathfinder 15R
Fender Jazz Bass
Quote by Ferdinandstrat
Now thnk of the people in the 60's thinking:
"Re-create the jazzing 20's?"

no. just no.
Quote by nick dixon
I keep thinking to myself "just where will music go next?". Also, what are guitars going to look like in a 100 years time?, still stratocaster shaped?

Theyve got to run out of ideas sooner or later.

They hav'nt ran out of names for cars,so they wont run out of ideas for guitar shapes.
Quote by PatchworkMan

in the mainstream.

do you really think pop radio played pink floyd or led zeppelin that much?

i just wish TS would get his wish and go back to the 1960s, then get drafted.

here's a thought.

Stop idealizing the 60s. Half of those people would probably rather live in our time.

Quote by Ferdinandstrat
They hav'nt ran out of names for cars,so they wont run out of ideas for guitar shapes.

half the time when an innovative shape comes out, people bitch at it not being close enough to a LP or a strat because those are the "god's of guitars" yeah, right.
Quote by unplugtheradio
in the mainstream.

do you really think pop radio played pink floyd or led zeppelin that much?

i just wish TS would get his wish and go back to the 1960s, then get drafted.

here's a thought.

Stop idealizing the 60s. Half of those people would probably rather live in our time.

half the time when an innovative shape comes out, people bitch at it not being close enough to a LP or a strat because those are the "god's of guitars" yeah, right.

They are wrong,it's the radical shaped guitars.
You have the wrong idea. Time doesn't go backwards, it goes forwards. Don't re-create something from 50 years ago, create something better. It's possible.
Quote by Arthur Curry
You have the wrong idea. Time doesn't go backwards, it goes forwards. Don't re-create something from 50 years ago, create something better. It's possible.

A-fucking-men.
As much as I love old music, and as much as the man's a tit, I feel this Malcolm McLaren quote is quite suitable:
'History is for pissing on'

Super Leeds and Classy Cas!
the 60's wasn't a genre mannn, it was a state of mind mannn, it can't just be reacreated mannnn... *kudos* dandy warhols and BJM...
Member of the We Have Better Taste Than You club
PM Dorkus Malorkus with a list of your favorite bands to join.

Please, crit my song!
Vision at the Stairs
our society has evolved to much to allow the behavior that went on at the time. not like we have more morals now, but do you really expect to survive like people did back then, potentially without a job, living off other people? in reality a utopia like that always falls before long. it can never happen because of the same reasons it ended.
Quote by Sharly

It's impossible to bring CR back to the forefront because CR isn't a genre. It's a time period.
Quote by MetalMilitia212
80's > 60's.

Everything > 60's.

Actually...

Being viciously attacked by midgets > Living through the 80's.
Quote by Aidy Damage
I hate classic rock.

Funny thing that Hendrix was a major inspiration for Bellamy.
Quote by Ferdinandstrat

why does that matter?
Quote by Sharly

Fuck this shit. Hippies never got anything done, not even their own objectives. ("Bring piece to the world, maaaann")

CLASSIC ROCK IS NOT THE ONLY FUCKING GENRE OF MUSIC, YOU CUNTS.

Expand your goddamn musical horizons. Christ.
Last.fm

WE ARE THE MUSIC MAKERS
AND WE ARE THE DREAMERS OF THE DREAMS
Quote by MetalMilitia212
80's > 60's.

Everything > 60's.

Summed up pretty nicely.
I'm back, you douchebags.
Quote by Ferdinandstrat

So people should base who they like based on who other people like?
Quote by GiantRaven
So people should base who they like based on who other people like?

What i'm trying to say is that you shouldnt go around saying "(insert genre here) sucks".

I mean,maybe classic rock fans are bad for you,but you are as bad as us,cos' you bash that genre,only cos' you dislike it.
Sure,i'm not fond of modern rock so much,but I dont go around saying "modern rock is crap!".
thread starter your a fuctard. shut up. no matter how bad you want it to be, the sixties will never happen again. it was a generational thing, and despite how much you dislike it, that was not your generation and it never will be. get over it. you can enjoy the music/art of the sixties but they arent coming back.

have a nice day
Quote by Ferdinandstrat
What i'm trying to say is that you shouldnt go around saying "(insert genre here) sucks".

I mean,maybe classic rock fans are bad for you,but you are as bad as us,cos' you bash that genre,only cos' you dislike it.
Sure,i'm not fond of modern rock so much,but I dont go around saying "modern rock is crap!".

I do what now?
Quote by GiantRaven
I do what now?

I didnt ment you,I ment all these close minded idiots here that go around bashing genres.