ok in my music book it started talking about chord and i dont get when to play them like when there on sheet music not Tabs. can anyone help?
Quote by xsv434
ok in my music book it started talking about chord and i dont get when to play them like when there on sheet music not Tabs. can anyone help?

Any good book should be showing you what the chords look like as triads, not only how to form them on the fretboard but also how they look on the staff. But if your book doesn't show you that, you'll have to figure it out for yourself. We'd be able to help you better if you could point a little more specifically to what your problem is.
Hi, I'm Peter
Ok im using the Fender method book 1. and the song iis tom dooley above the measure it says C im assuming that means C chord. I know how to play that but in the measure it has notes in it. So what do i do play The chord with the notes in the measure or is the C chord the first note of the measure. I hope that makes sence
Oh I see. Well, often if it says C over the bar, they're referring to either implied tonality or that the notes are all in the C chord. So if you were playing the melody with someone playing a full C behind it, they'd go perfectly. You should play the actual notes.
Hi, I'm Peter
oh i see so your saying Its for someone else to play while i play the normal notes
hmm ok then thats pretty useless for me since i dont have anyone to play with. Thanks for the help
Well, you could play it either way. For example, if you're trying to learn a song but it has a lot of licks, you can just use the chord symbols to play along with it. But if you want to learn the song properly, just do it as it's notated.
Hi, I'm Peter
lol if i would of read 1 page ahead i would of found the explenation of how to read it