Page 1 of 3
Geez man, this dude thinks he's Yngwie, but, for one his guitar's way outta tune.
And also, he kinda sucks.http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IgwFkNY6q2A&mode=related&search=

I have the actual video by Yngwie in my signature, check it out to see how bad this dude is!
"I worked hard. Anyone who works as hard as I did can achieve the same results.” ~ Johann Sebastian Bach
Also, post any other crappy videos so that we can get a good laugh at them
"I worked hard. Anyone who works as hard as I did can achieve the same results.” ~ Johann Sebastian Bach
Ouch. the tone = bad. i suppose if he tuned his guitar and didn't have such a shit tone he'd be alright
Cort lover of the Bass Militia. PM Nutter_101 to join.
On cheating in a relationship...

Quote by metaldud536
If he doesn't use a gameshark, it's not cheating.

I'm a non-regular regular old user.
Maybe, but he needs to slow it down and practice more, because he's getting way ahead of himself!
Pretty much sums up everything that's wrong with guitar playing today. Kids jumping in trying to play stuff that's way ahead of them when they don't know the basics. I'm all for challenging yourself, but you have to be realistic too. What's the point in beating yourself up trying to play something that, even when you've "perfected" it, still sounds shit. That kid has probably spent weeks, even months learning to play that one piece badly, yet he can't even tune the guitar. He could have spent that time sorting out his basic techniques, and when everything else was up to scratch he could have learned that piece in a fraction of the time and played it much better.
Actually called Mark!

Quote by TNfootballfan62
People with a duck for their avatar always give good advice.

...it's a seagull

Quote by Dave_Mc
i wanna see a clip of a recto buying some groceries.

stuffmycatswatchontv.tumblr.com
See, a lot of people sweep pick with tightened hand and wrist muscles, when they sould keep them loose and let the pick glide.

My technique is working great. When I play a sweep arpeggio like this:

1E --------------------8-12-12-8----------------
2B ---------------10---------------10------------
3G -----------9-------------------------9---------
4D -------10------------------------------10----- a minor
5A ---12--------------------------------------12-
6E -------------------------------------------------

I hold my pick loose in my fingers, angle it slightly, rest my hand on 6E, and roll my wrist across the strings, if you didn't do it this way, try it and see if you like it.
Quote by JL_Shredder
Geez man, this dude thinks he's Yngwie, but, for one his guitar's way outta tune.
And also, he kinda sucks.http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IgwFkNY6q2A&mode=related&search=

I have the actual video by Yngwie in my signature, check it out to see how bad this dude is!

I can't tell the difference.

Except that the kid is probably playing through a crappy headphone amp, which is why he sounds so tinny.
Quote by steven seagull
Pretty much sums up everything that's wrong with guitar playing today. Kids jumping in trying to play stuff that's way ahead of them when they don't know the basics. I'm all for challenging yourself, but you have to be realistic too. What's the point in beating yourself up trying to play something that, even when you've "perfected" it, still sounds shit. That kid has probably spent weeks, even months learning to play that one piece badly, yet he can't even tune the guitar. He could have spent that time sorting out his basic techniques, and when everything else was up to scratch he could have learned that piece in a fraction of the time and played it much better.

I couldn't agree with you more! Seems that lots of kids now want to dive in head first without checking the depth of the water. They neglect the basic building blocks that are vital to developing as a guitarist. And when you do that, you sound like that guy!
"I can play pretty fast on an instrument and I can do some pretty dazzling things if I want, but that only goes so far. You know, that's only going to interest people to a certain degree, it only has a certain stimulation." ~Steve Vai~
jeez...needs work :P
Nicks and dents are battle scars...they give a guitar history.

Quote by Homer Simpson
When you think about it, mud is just wet dirt.
apparently he skipped the "how to tune your guitar" lesson and skipped directly to leads and showboating. awesome.
Quote by JL_Shredder

Ecxept for the headache that it caused me I also got a pain on the neck after watching this
There was this good (bad playing) video called Axel Shred... that was awful.
^
It makes me loose 27 sec of my life xD
MY GEARS:
Ibanez S520EX
Fender American Stratocaster
Epiphone Les Paul w/ Killswitch
Fender 12-string Acoustic
Fender Champion300 (to be changed soon to a Tube Amp)
Ibanez TS-9 Overdrive pedal
Boss PW-10 pedal
i dont like shred, so idc if i practice, but damn that sucked.

although... what guitar was that first kid using? that thing looked schweet.

ah damn, nvm. i thought that the lower horn was chopped off... it looked cooler that way...
seeing people play that bad makes me feel so good

but seriously, how can this kid not realise how shitty that sounds? I mean, every single person in the world, musician or not, should be able to hear how terrible that was

that's what happens when parents tell their kids how talented and special they are, even when they're not

hope yngwie gets to hear it
^It's about aquiring an ear for your music. I bet when you first started you had no clue what you played (if you knew how to play anything) was any good or not, happened to me, but now I can tell.

So yeah, that guy has to..well, tune his guitar, slow a bit down and maybe...better video camera? I just have to say that videos on youtube don't do people enough justice imo.
Co-Founder of the Orange Revolution Club

-Esp/Ltd Ec-1000 w/ BKP Mules
-2-channel Titan
-Oversized Bogner 2x12 Cabinet
-Fulltone OCD
-RMC Picture Wah
-T.C. Electronic Nova Delay
-Larrivee D-03R
of course i sounded like crap when i first started playing, but for as long as i can remember i have been able to hear the difference between music and random sounds
Who post a video of them self on the internet playing an out of tune guitar crappilly?
Quote by farcry
any day I can help a fellow UG'er with buttcrack issues is a good day to me. Which means today is excellent.

Quote by -February-Star-
That's wierd.

I woke up this morning and some bastard had wrapped his fucking swimming pool around my tree.
^You would be...Very surprised.
Co-Founder of the Orange Revolution Club

-Esp/Ltd Ec-1000 w/ BKP Mules
-2-channel Titan
-Oversized Bogner 2x12 Cabinet
-Fulltone OCD
-RMC Picture Wah
-T.C. Electronic Nova Delay
-Larrivee D-03R
Quote by Shredding Sam
That metal one was just plain sad...

The video with Fred Durst attempting to play a solo is pretty funny!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BIUnvAFbsK0

Wow, that's pretty shitty.
"Notes are expensive. . .use them wisely"-B.B. King

"It's been very important throughout my career that I've met all the guys I've copied, because at each stage they've said, 'Don't play like me, play like you."-Eric Clapton
Hahaha watch that then the real malmsteen video
Quote by farcry
any day I can help a fellow UG'er with buttcrack issues is a good day to me. Which means today is excellent.

Quote by -February-Star-
That's wierd.

I woke up this morning and some bastard had wrapped his fucking swimming pool around my tree.
Quote by Shredding Sam
That metal one was just plain sad...

The video with Fred Durst attempting to play a solo is pretty funny!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BIUnvAFbsK0

Man, I about died laughing!
Quote by Arlabester
you want shitty?

easy song, minus the solo, ****ed up, with out the solo.

http://youtube.com/watch?v=4ppR0f4-5LM

Man that dude sucks!
Young or not, he is horrible.
Very mature.Just because you may be better than someone else you still shouldn't mock those who try.
Of course you should. If not what's the point in getting better at something?
Quote by im_hungry
Very mature.Just because you may be better than someone else you still shouldn't mock those who try.

every guy and his dog is better than that kid. it was reaaaally awful. REALLY. awful. O__O
Quote by im_hungry

But if you suck at playing guitar, why would you go and post it on the internet? I don't hate this guy for trying, i hate him for not realising he's failing miserably at what he's trying to do. Maybe this guy isn't to bad, it's just that he tried playing something that was way beyond his capabilities. But how on earth can someone film themselves doing something like that, sit back and listen to it, and think "Yeah, I ****ing nailed that one! YouTube, fame and fortune here I come!"

When people promote themselves like that, they should be prepared for negative reactions. Who the hell would enjoy watching that video (for something else than the LOL factor)? And if it's something no one can enjoy, why post it on the internet?
Last edited by kyrreca at Feb 14, 2007,
Quote by im_hungry

coming from someone with an avatar of garfeild humping that dog...
Quote by im_hungry

Oh, I'm not mocking him, I just think that he should practice more before he puts it on youtube.
Quote by WhiteSabbath585
Bah, just watch it.......
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=i4BaqSG_zb8

you don't have t watch it all if you don't want to, i didn't....

Oh god please tell me that it was supposed to be funny.
I HAVE THE BEST , I HAVE THE BEST.

Unless it's allready posted. check out this kid.

http://www.youtube.com/profile?user=evin13 (user page)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=F3w39c2MDDs (smells like teen spirit)

and all his recordings are like that!!!!!!!!!!

ps. that video from the young kid posted up , ....leave the kid alone man...what his age ? ****in 8 or so..... give him awhile... perhaps few years ........

ps. I hope he becomes famous and breaks your ass
Last edited by Punk2Guitar at Feb 16, 2007,
Quote by kyrreca
But how on earth can someone film themselves doing something like that, sit back and listen to it, and think "Yeah, I ****ing nailed that one! YouTube, fame and fortune here I come!"

My stomach hurts after reading that.

edit: To the guy above me...just wow.
Last edited by King ofKumbucha at Feb 16, 2007,
Page 1 of 3