Page 1 of 2
and there are how many threads like this?!?!?!?!?!?! like at least a hundred...ill say chet atkins, brad paisley, derek trucks, and eric clapton...each of them are the best at what they do
Fender Standard Stratocaster w/ Hot Noiseless Pickups
G&L Asat Special Semi Hollow
Alvarez Artist AD80SSB Acoustic
Peavey Valve King 112
Roland Micro Cube
Nobel ODR-1 Pedal
Boss CS-3
Boss DD-6
Boss CH-2
Boss FZ-1
Dunlop 535Q Wah
Its hard to choose between Slash, Kirk Hammet or Dimebag
Gear:

ESP KH II Vintage
Dean Dime Razorback Slime BumbleBee
Fender Stratocaster
Jackson King V
Line 6 Spider III 150w
Marshall MG100HDFX
Roland Cube 30w
Zoom 505 II
Line 6 Floor Pod
Monster Cables
Quote by elimental389
John Frusciante sucks

well hes good but hes definitly not the best ever. maybe right now.
herman li/kirk hammett
Quote by ukuleleftw
When is beating your cat not justified?

Quote by Gaz_m2k5
This is almost as stupid as when someone thought there might be a UG warehouse where all the tabs are stored.

July 8th, 2007 @ Wembley - Best day ever
I hate these because they are so hard. Id have to say Django Reinhardt, Joe Satriani, or Tom Morello. OK, I know Tom Morello isnt the most technically skillfull guitarist, but the stuff he does is so good, yet still simple. They are all geniuses. But there are so many other guitarists you could also say, but I guess Ill have to go with those guys.
Of course the bassist thinks frusciante is the best but thats just because he's in a band with flea, lol. Silly Bassist. And where is this rumor that guitarists are condescending coming from? IMO page and hendrix are the most influential (not in that order) But as far as skill Buckethead is the fastest and cleanest (and also very humorous) as far as best toutch I have to go with Gilmour, because the second solo in Comfortably Numb is the greatest solo ever and makes me shiver everytime i hear it. And if anyone says john mayer is the best guitarist i will personally hunt them down and donate a testicle to them.

Rock On Bitches
I can't call it between Clapton, Hendrix and SRV.

To be fair, the greatest ever guitarist is either Clapton or Hendrix, I don't think you can argue with what they've done for guitar playing. I think the best though is probably SRV.
Ibanez PGM301
Ibanez GRG170DX
Fender Telecaster MiJ - 1986
Swing T-Through

Ibanez TS9DX
Sovtek Small Stone - c.1985
EHX Big Muff
Kimbara Wah - c.1974
Boss GE-7

Orange Rocker 30 Combo

http://www.myspace.com/paythelay
Stop Saying Jimi Hendrix We all know "But he's the best ever, He made clapton want to stop" I agree Hendrix was amazing and influential and everything else and I love his music but try to come up with something more original
there are many greats but i would have to say... myself

but seriously Dimebag, Jimmy or Kirk
Randy Rhoads
The Big Three

RR1 Rhoads, Dean FBD Dimbag Tribute ML (check), Ibanez Bad Horsie JEM

"blacker than the blackest black...times infinity."

"so get your ass checked out before its to late, turkeys!"
Quote by bollocks 101
segovia

Have a ****ing cookie for that. He's one of the few who could ever wear the title of "The Guitarist" A funny looking guy with short stumpy fingers whose technique is taught to thousands of guitar students.
Quote by The devil at the crossroads
E|-------------------------------------------1--
B|-----------------------------------1--4--
G|-------------------------1-3-4--
D|------------------1-3----
A|--------1-2-3----
E|-1-4-----

Just move it around the fretboard
Quote by BaxTurkey
Stop Saying Jimi Hendrix We all know "But he's the best ever, He made clapton want to stop" I agree Hendrix was amazing and influential and everything else and I love his music but try to come up with something more original

Jimi Hendrix!!!!!
ill have to say there is no best guitarist.there is not a contest beetween anyone and every guitarist shows what he learnrd from others. stop making "best ever" threads because nobody can judge that.

jimmi page.
i made a thread about this subject a while ago, and i dont think there really isa "best guitarist of all time." its a matter of opinion, but if you picked a style of guitar playing for guitarists to compete in, there would be a best guitarist for each particular style.
Quote by Hpda5121
im not a racist because racism is a crime, and crime is for black people

fender mexican fat strat (discontinued)
mesa triple recto
digitech grunge
digitech death metal
Herman Li, John Petrucci. I can't see how anyone can say Hammet... But i'm happy as long as no 12 year olds come in with, "Mick Thompson".
Last edited by toddpens8771 at Feb 13, 2007,
Mr John Frusciante
My Gear :
Fender American Strat in Metallic Red
EHX Big Muff
Boss ME-50
Boss SD-1
Fender 15 Watt Amp (Upgrade soon to a Marshall )
Red Furry guitar strap

John Frusciante - The Greatest Guitarist EVER
Slash or Page
Gear:
Epiphone Les Paul Joe Perry Boneyard (BKP Black Dogs)
Dunlop Classic Crybaby
Supro Thunderbolt!
Page 1 of 2