Yesterday I got a little overexited and started playing Andy Mckees "drifting" for quite some hours. A while after I began to get some pain in my index finger, in my long finger and in my wrist. Today the pain were worse but the wrist and the long finger stopped hurting maybe an hour ago but now my index finger has began to hurt more at the place where the finger meets the hand, especially when you make an o with the index finger and the thumb and squeeze them agains't eachother.
Now I am just wondering if It's just some training ache or if it is something serious.

I have also been having some numbness in my pinky every now and then. Could be good with second opinios on that because I have seen that sometimes when i play i bend the pinky.
I think I hold the guitar fairly good with my wrist straight.

Thanks in advance.
If you were playing the same song over and over for hours then it could be RSI (Repetitive Strain Injury). I would try and relax it for a bit and when you next pick up your guitar do some stretches and/or warm-up exercises before you begin.

I sometimes get aches in my hand/wrist. It's a bugger but I always know that it's because I didn't warm up before I did some rigorous playing (I don't know if the song you were playing is rigorous or not).
Official member of the "UG Senior Citizens Club For People Over 21"
Official member of the "UG Fat Chicks Appreciation Club" (Yeah, no one will probably follow...)

alright, i will try that next time. should i use some salve or something at the area where it hurts?
Quote by shav0r
Just because I use UG that doesn't make me a doctor

Wow that's helpful...

shav0r "Oh look a thread about something I know nothing nor care about. Hmmm...I'm feeling particularly arrogant today..."

C4...I wouldn't worry about using creams just yet. Just give your hand a rest for a day, hopefully it will be ok. If not, try some salve or something equivelant. If it persists, go see a doctor just to be on the safe side.
Official member of the "UG Senior Citizens Club For People Over 21"
Official member of the "UG Fat Chicks Appreciation Club" (Yeah, no one will probably follow...)

Just sounds like RSD or tendonitis (itis means inflation by the way), so anything ending in itus, just means gets biger.

Just rest your hands for a bit.
Squier Classic Vibe Custom
Vox Pathfinder 15R
Fender Jazz Bass