i was wondering how good this is,i need a nice good soundin half stack,but im on a budget,since no1 seems to no how to fix my marshall,and i need a better amp since im gonna be doin shows after march.it looks good,ive heard good things about it,and its right in my range of cash after i work a couple weeks.whats the pros and cons on it,and are there any better half stacks that sound good for less than 500-600 dollars?
What new friends will the day bring?

Private in the 7>6

[Member of the Ibanez S Players.] PM Striketalonx to join
First off, you don't need a half stack - you need a good amp, and that doesn't necessarily equate to a half stack. All you'll get stack-wise for your budget is crappy solid state ones.

You could get a damn good combo for that, and yes, it would be more than loud enough.

http://www.musiciansfriend.com/product/Randall-RG50TC-50W-1x12-Guitar-Combo-Amp?sku=481197
http://www.musiciansfriend.com/product/B52-60Watt-1x12-Tube-Combo?sku=480046
http://www.musiciansfriend.com/product/Ashdown-Fallen-Angel-40-DSP-Guitar-Combo?sku=485043
Actually called Mark!

Quote by TNfootballfan62
People with a duck for their avatar always give good advice.

...it's a seagull

Quote by Dave_Mc
i wanna see a clip of a recto buying some groceries.

stuffmycatswatchontv.tumblr.com
the last two are te only ones that intrest me,how well would they work,i play in a punk band,but im also in a cover band with some friends,and we will cover a bit of metal,blues,punk,grunge,old rock and that kinda stuff,thats also a bit of what i play,how well would those amps fit mose of those styles,i dont want an amp jus for metal,i want a amp with a good tone and will work for all genres

Private in the 7>6

He's right i regret buying a half stack because they're overpriced and combos are a great deal less hastle.

Bodacious Bob

Schecter Omen 7 Extreme
Ibanez RGR08LTD BK
Behringer TU-100
EHX Metal Muff
Boss MT-2
GLX EQ-100
Marshall VS15

Quote by tpot06
Bodacious bob wins all.
Peavey valveking ?
A recent study shows that 8% of teenagers listen to nothing but music with guitars in it. Put this in your sig if you're one of the 92% who aren't close-minded morons.
I have the 60 watt Fallen Angel and the only tones I can't get out of it are super-saturated recto-type distortion, it'll do anything else no problem, and pretty much anything with the right pedal. Sounds like this...

https://www.ultimate-guitar.com/forum/showpost.php?p=7157498&postcount=201
Actually called Mark!

Quote by TNfootballfan62

...it's a seagull

Quote by Dave_Mc

well my combo now would work fine if i knew wtf was wrong with it,the power doesnt work,but the guitar shop i took it to was supposed to fix it,but didnt do shit,so im guessin it hasta do with the power switch,sometimes when i take a screw driver and pushin the power button it itll work,but i have no clue wats wrong,can anyone help?

Private in the 7>6

It's not an MG is it, by any chance?
Actually called Mark!

Quote by TNfootballfan62

...it's a seagull

Quote by Dave_Mc

that ashdown amp sounds awesome,might haveta get it...if i dont fix my marshall,or maybe ill buy it anyway,ill need a new amp later on..

no its not a MG,its a marshall Vavlestate VS102R...

Private in the 7>6

The Valvestate's aren't too bad, but a bit pricey for what they are. The Ashdowns are really cheap at the moment becasue they're discontinuing them and re-branding the range, so they want to clear all the old stock.
Actually called Mark!

Quote by TNfootballfan62

...it's a seagull

Quote by Dave_Mc

i only paid 225 for mine from a friend,who used to gig with it for a few yrs,but he got a nicer amp and i needed a amp better than a practice amp,but idk whats wrong with it,power wise...

Private in the 7>6

^^

maybe just a wire gone bad inside...

and oh hey just try out the Ashdown Fallen Angel...

on your upgrade!
will do,the valvestate i have is 100 watts,and it worked fine for my friend no matter where he played(if i get it fixed ill keep it,but still buy a new amp for a back up,if it breaks agasin),and when i upgrade to a newer amp,how well would the ashdown work for gigs..?

Private in the 7>6

^^

I'm not sure how it'll hold up cause I haven't personaly tried them...
but it seems that they can do...

EDIT: just ask steven seagull about it...
I've gigged with mine, didn't have it past half volume, no PA. The 40 watter will be something like 10% quieter, no big difference.
Actually called Mark!

Quote by TNfootballfan62

...it's a seagull

Quote by Dave_Mc