Alright, I have been doing a lot of debating about a new amp head I want to purchase. I am intersted in an Orange ad 140, Orange rockverb100, and Peavey 6505 + head (and any other suggestions that fit my critria.) I am looking for an amzing clean channel and a high gain, crunchy distortion. I play a mix of hardcore, punk, & experimental I guess you could say. I know the 6505 is for distortion and I am in love with it's tone, which is why it has been applied to my list. The question is what would be the best 2 channel amp for clean and high gain distortion?

Thanks for the help.
Well Orange are NOT high gain amps, they can get heavy, sometimes even metal tones, but dont be fooled, without a booster pedal they will struggle to get 'high gain'

But this of course does depend on what you mean by high gain, I mean look at the current guitarists that use Orange:

Slipknot/stonesour guy
The Fall of Troy
Funeral For A Friend
Omar Rodriguez (ATDI and Mars volta)

All of which are reasonably heavy (maybe not mars, but they are experimental which is what you listed), and besides, you can always get an OD pedal to boost it that bit more AND the cleans are amazing on Orange amps.

The peavey on the other hand has tonnes of high gain, probably more than what you need, its very dark and suited for metal, but many complain about its clean, and say its pretty lacking (although others say that with abit of chorus it can sound good)

I would personally go for the Orange....just cos I LOVE Orange.

I think with this sort of price, you would defo need to try them out.
Quote by Hakanku
Well Orange are NOT high gain amps, they can get heavy, sometimes even metal tones, but dont be fooled, without a booster pedal they will struggle to get 'high gain'

But this of course does depend on what you mean by high gain, I mean look at the current guitarists that use Orange:

Slipknot/stonesour guy
The Fall of Troy
Funeral For A Friend
Omar Rodriguez (ATDI and Mars volta)

All of which are reasonably heavy (maybe not mars, but they are experimental which is what you listed), and besides, you can always get an OD pedal to boost it that bit more AND the cleans are amazing on Orange amps.

The peavey on the other hand has tonnes of high gain, probably more than what you need, its very dark and suited for metal, but many complain about its clean, and say its pretty lacking (although others say that with abit of chorus it can sound good)

I would personally go for the Orange....just cos I LOVE Orange.

I think with this sort of price, you would defo need to try them out.

The guy from Slipknot and Stone Sour uses Rivera Knuckleheads...

Doesn't really matter but whatever