Page 1 of 20
I hate it if a guy is playing a solo throws back his head and makes a funny face people say is playing with emotions. Bull crap. The only emotion is f'n pride, its not deep, its nothing and I hate it. Robert Johnson played with emotions not some lame ass show off metal band.
Quote by Tyrannous
I am going to say you are wrong, but a video of what you are talking about might help.

type "shred" into youtube search.
emo names like 'runkidrun' and 'boyfalldown' and crap like that where they just take 3 words and remove the spaces
Quote by Tim618

I was balls deep in this girl once, and shes like "Oh my god, thats such an excruciating pain!"

I say: ... "excruciating? Thats a pretty big word for a 12 year old."
my chemical romance, and fall out boy should not be brought up in the same sentence as rock. the only good pop punk band is Blink 182 and they're gone. pop punk ruined rock.
jonny borrell .. complete w**ker lol
I'm only Welsh, give me a break!!

Gear:

Epiphone Les Paul Standard
Airline 2P DLX
PRS Tremonti SE
Fender Strat
Yamaha FG 450SA

Peavey ValveKing 212
Roland Cube 60
Dunlop SW95 Crybaby
Shit load of Picks
bands like panic at the disco and all time low piss me off, i mean if u wanna b falloutboy, try to join that band!!!
Originally posted by mydadisjewish
people have different tastes. for example, i like good music, u like your dad's testicles.
yeah pretty much anything that has to do with emo annoys me, whenever I think of emo I think of fragile, depressed over nothing, almost-female males. AND THEY ALL THINK THEY'RE UNIQUE or BEING DIFFERENT. They should all go to hell.
Quote by guitar?
I hate it if a guy is playing a solo throws back his head and makes a funny face people say is playing with emotions. Bull crap. The only emotion is f'n pride, its not deep, its nothing and I hate it. Robert Johnson played with emotions not some lame ass show off metal band.

Why sir, must you put metal in there? There are very few showoff metal bands, if any. Please don't just put down a certain genre just beause you don't like it. Thanks
"Suck my ass!"

- Zakk Wylde
Quote by Emrgncyguy7
Why sir, must you put metal in there? There are very few showoff metal bands, if any. Please don't just put down a certain genre just beause you don't like it. Thanks

I think thats the politest response I've ever seen on UG
Quote by Tim618

I was balls deep in this girl once, and shes like "Oh my god, thats such an excruciating pain!"

I say: ... "excruciating? Thats a pretty big word for a 12 year old."
and the fact that music today is much less rich than the past. look at the crap we deal with now. Are there no more slashes out there, zach wyldes, someone that can create a solo that could be considered best of all time? At this rate, rolling stones list of greatest solos will never change.
Quote by Emrgncyguy7

Very few show off metal bands? VERY FEW SHOWOFF METAL BANDS???!?!!??!!? WTF? Its the most show-offy genre ever. And I did not put down the metal genre, just the showoff bull crap in the metal genre. Not metal band plays like that.
to the guy commenting on the look guitarists give during a solo. obviously you dont know how to play any solos or you would have done this yourself once or twice, theres really not much you can do about, natural response
Quote by sowhat360
to the guy commenting on the look guitarists give during a solo. obviously you dont know how to play any solos or you would have done this yourself once or twice, theres really not much you can do about, natural response

F U C K ING READ what I wrote. I am tired of shit being called emotional when its not.
Quote by guitar?
Very few show off metal bands? VERY FEW SHOWOFF METAL BANDS???!?!!??!!? WTF? Its the most show-offy genre ever. And I did not put down the metal genre, just the showoff bull crap in the metal genre. Not metal band plays like that.

Ok thats fine, just as long as you don't generalize the whole metal genre as being show-offy, because that would be fucked up.
"Suck my ass!"

- Zakk Wylde
I can't stand the "Arctic Monkeys" or whatever their name is...ugh!
666 BRO
I hate bands with song names longer than the song itself.
<davey> it's hard to fake an orgasm when you're supposed to come in her mouth

[19:43] <Horrid> oh i see a juggalo and a faggot sympathizer
[19:43] <Horrid> fuckin america
i don't particularly hate bands like fall out boy and panic! at the disco, i just hate the way their fans try to make them out as the best guitarists in history though 98% of them wouldn't know that guitars aren't made of steel and fibreglass.
Check out 8-Bit Trip!
www.myspace.com/8BitTrip

-·-·-·[ Music Squirrel ]·-·-·-

Also, get on my profile and friend me, bitches!
This guy at school who said "You guys know Linkin Park? They we're a great band, and they broke up" I couldn't help but think, like I always do.
Quote by farcry
any day I can help a fellow UG'er with buttcrack issues is a good day to me. Which means today is excellent.

Quote by -February-Star-
That's wierd.

I woke up this morning and some bastard had wrapped his fucking swimming pool around my tree.
the whole Metalcore / HxC thing that everyones in to suddenly
all the people i know who liked numetal when they were like 11 have all got in to this for some reason
i dont dig it
although i like anyband that does piggy vocals
Quote by freedoms_stain

I think it's sick to force kids to take part in hate mongering and sick for spoonman to think its right for any adult to throw anything at a child.
I think that most pop music like all the Rap rip offs that wanna Be PiMp are dumb and "diva's" need to go away.
Raise Your Hand If you Like:

3 inches of blood
Amon Amarth
Coheed and Cambria
Death Cab For Cutie
Every Time I Die
I Killed the Prom Queen
In Flames
Pride Tiger

My cousins band from Vancouver-NWOBCHM- myspace.com/scarstruckmetalband
I hate today's Mainstream music. It consists of crappy bands like Panic At The Disco, MCR, and Fall Out Boy. I also hate how rap consists of nothing but money, drugs, and showcasing women as "objects." I feel like it's a trend for people to like shitty music now.
Pete Wentz.
And if ever You come near, I will hold up high a mirror.
Lord, I could never show you anything as beautiful as You.
Yeah man I ****ing hate mainstream music.
Quote by farcry
any day I can help a fellow UG'er with buttcrack issues is a good day to me. Which means today is excellent.

Quote by -February-Star-
That's wierd.

I woke up this morning and some bastard had wrapped his fucking swimming pool around my tree.
Hahahaha Well aren't you a happy little mind reader? ****ing prick.
Quote by farcry

Quote by -February-Star-
That's wierd.

Quote by mr.cheese..
Yeah man I ****ing hate mainstream music.

OMFG YAH I TOTALLY CAN'T STAND TEH MAINSTREAM ITZ LYK, SO CAPITALIST!!11!!roflcopter!!111

I don't like or dislike music due to whether or not it's mainstream, as that's labelling potentially good bands with the same brush, because there are plenty of mainstream bands out there that are listenable and even some that are very good.

However on that note I find it strange how Indie music can still be classed as "Indie" dispite the mainstream popularity it's gained within the last few years, and it's arguable that Indie is now as if not more popular than RnB/Rap, at least where I live anyway...
Funny words.
There's a lot of stuff I don't like...

Rap music I don't like. I prefer melodic stuff, and rap has no real melody...not mainstream Gangsta rap anyway.

Today's rock music is either Emo in america, or here in europe we get Indie. Indie is not a correct name, cos they aren't all signed to independant record labels, but you get the idea. I find it pretty boring. All bands here are trying to revive the glory of the 1960's or wahtever. THe only so-called Indie band I like are Franz Ferdinand.

I'm not a fan of Emo music either. I used to love pop-punk, but now it's all gone. Blink 182, Sum 41 and even Simple Plan all dyed their hair and cried. I don't like Emo cos I don't see the fun in wallowing in one another's self-pity. It's emotional, but not in a good way. If I want to listen to sad, emotional music, I'll put on Pink Floyd or Mark Knopfler

Let the flaming begin! I bet GiantRaven will say I'm an ignorant **** who thinks only his own opinion is right.
I hate music in general. The new thing is laying in the dark with no sounds other than your own breathing...

Seriously though, I hate bands like Death Cab, Coldplay, etc... All their songs have the exact same trait. Boring.
Most music out there is crap. There are good musicians, no doubt about it, but the music for me is unlistenable.

The top offenders I can think of right now are bands like Trivium and Killswitch Engage.

The music itself it really good, but the vocals drive me up the wall.

I'm also tired of sycophantic people who worship crappy bands and won't tell it like it is. Example, Lamb of God's performance on Conan. The band sounded tight, but the sound itself was atrocious. Now read through their myspace and you'll see nothing but people talking about how great it was... As if the band actually reads and manages the site.

Another few bands that get way more credit than they deserve are My Chemical Romance and glammy, art school wanna be drop outs like that. Sure, some of the music is good, but as a band, give me a break...
Guitars:
Schecter C-1 Hellraiser FR
Ibanez S-470 with Seymour Duncans
Ibanez RG-321
Schecter Damien 6
Art & Lutherie Wild Cherry

Amps:
Kustom 12 Gauge
Quote by sashki
There's a lot of stuff I don't like...

Rap music I don't like. I prefer melodic stuff, and rap has no real melody...not mainstream Gangsta rap anyway.

Today's rock music is either Emo in america, or here in europe we get Indie. Indie is not a correct name, cos they aren't all signed to independant record labels, but you get the idea. I find it pretty boring. All bands here are trying to revive the glory of the 1960's or wahtever. THe only so-called Indie band I like are Franz Ferdinand.

I'm not a fan of Emo music either. I used to love pop-punk, but now it's all gone. Blink 182, Sum 41 and even Simple Plan all dyed their hair and cried. I don't like Emo cos I don't see the fun in wallowing in one another's self-pity. It's emotional, but not in a good way. If I want to listen to sad, emotional music, I'll put on Pink Floyd or Mark Knopfler

Let the flaming begin! I bet GiantRaven will say I'm an ignorant **** who thinks only his own opinion is right.

Suprisingly enough I wasn't thinking that

You presented your opinion in a thoughtful manner, what can I say about it?

And you seriously think I think my own opinion is right? Don't take things so seriously...
I refuse to call modern R + B music R + B. ITS NOT RYTHM AND BLUES ANYMORE DAMMIT!!! MOST PEOPLE WHO LISTEN TO IT DONT KNOW WHAT IT MEANS!!!

I also hate the headliners for this years download... very dissapointing... very, very...

EDIT:
I also hate dance tracks sampling parts from classic songs and then passing them off as there own when all they are doing is playing the same thing in a loop...
Main Gear:

Santiago S3 Spanish Classical
PRS CE22 Mahogany
Mesa/Boogie F-50 combo w/ G12K-100
Teese RMC Wizard Wah
Rothwell Switchblade
Ibanez FL-9
Visual Sound Liquid Chorus V2
EHX SMMwH
Last edited by guitaristclass at Feb 13, 2007,
There's nothing in music I hate, there are lots of people that talk about/surround music that I dislike, but I have no reason to hate any music.
On vacation from modding = don't pm me with your pish