ok so i have a multieffect pedal digitech rp50, its sounded good enough when i was starting to play guitar, but im beginning to understand, that the tone isnt very good, should i buy pedals separately, like boss DS-1 and a wah or should i save some money for a new amp? i'm currently using a MG10 marshall amp, i know its not good but its a practice amp and when i buy the pedals separately i will have them for a long time.

thanks
New amp, no amount of pedals will stop your amp sounding like ass so it's pointless buying them.
Actually called Mark!

Quote by TNfootballfan62
People with a duck for their avatar always give good advice.

...it's a seagull

Quote by Dave_Mc
i wanna see a clip of a recto buying some groceries.

stuffmycatswatchontv.tumblr.com
any suggestions which amp, i dont have much money and im not really gigging. i play mostly rock, hard rock, metal and sometimes some blues
Quote by steven seagull
New amp, no amount of pedals will stop your amp sounding like ass so it's pointless buying them.

+2
Quote by nick dixon
Mine usally takes about 40-50mins. Just leave it while you do somthing else. What you choose to do in 40 minutes is completley up to you, but I usally carve small aniamls made from pieces of coal.

Whos takes 50minutes? seriously
Quote by Pendel
any suggestions which amp, i dont have much money and im not really gigging. i play mostly rock, hard rock, metal and sometimes some blues

Peavey, or behringer, anything with 1x10or1x12in speaker and some 2 channels, it will last you even for gigging
Quote by nick dixon
Mine usally takes about 40-50mins. Just leave it while you do somthing else. What you choose to do in 40 minutes is completley up to you, but I usally carve small aniamls made from pieces of coal.

Whos takes 50minutes? seriously
Quote by Pendel

check out a nice combo, something 2X12 would be great for rock/metal giving you a great bottom end.

if your amp sucks, even a PRS isn't going to make a hell of a difference. but I don't especially like multi-effects units. I don't think they sound good at all, unless you're investing the cash into a Rocktron Prophecy, or even the Chameleon (to a lesser degree). my first effects unit was a zoom pedal which was crap, then I bought the mid-class digitech rp unit off a friend who did a mega upgrade to a prophecy and didn't really like that much either. after that, I just gave up on multi-effects units. in 99% of the case, you get what you pay for with those.

but I'm pretty much clean player now. I own very few effects currently. I have some basics like comp and noise gate. I plan to pick up a bad horsie wah at some point, but there's no rush. I just like that it's spring triggered. I can't believe dunlop still uses those crappy switches on thier wahs.
peavey classic 30.
They say good things come in small packages. You know what else comes in small packages? Unrelenting pain and horror.
Quote by Sora 01
Id say roland cube 30 or 60

+1
my band

ESP LTD Viper 400
Ibanez RG4EXQM1
Squier Fat Strat

Peavey EVH 5150
Peavey XXX Head
Roland Cube 30
Carvin 4x12 Cab
B-52 4x12 Cab

Boss GE-7
Boss NS-2
EH Big Muff Pi (Russian)
When it comes to something like that where you aren't doing gigs, just play a bunch of amps that you hear good things about. But also keep in mind its not hard to find somebody who will say good things about a particular amp. I mean some people have actually defended MG's( no offense) and a lot of people give it 9's and 10's in reviews. Just be aware....if you really wanna have a good tone...pedals or not, your going to have to be prepared to shell out some cash.

I cant believe I am going to say this...but for a budget and a decent amount of tones the spider III isnt terrible...the spider II is however. I wont ever suggest a line 6 again....I feel so dirty.

Also take a good look at Peavey possibly...
Peavy 6505
Crate G1500
BBE 381
Hamer Standard Flametop
Paul Reed Smith Soap-Bar Maple II
Paul Reed Smith Santana
ProCo Solo, H20 Liquid Chorus

Thrash will never die
Quote by Crimson_Eve
Just be aware....if you really wanna have a good tone...pedals or not, your going to have to be prepared to shell out some cash.

Also take a good look at Peavey possibly...

I agree. Also, your abilities on guitar can make even crappy amps shine. On the downside, it can make a great amp suck too. Peavey has a decent line out now. I have a Peavey amp and it is durable and sounds good.