I'm wanting a new Amp around 30 Watt, I have £160 to spend give or take and I play mostly Alternative, Rock and Metal such as Muse and Lostprophets, also a bit of Metallica. I've had many suggestions for Roland Cube and Vox but is there anything else?

Cheers in advance!
Member #29 of the "Use Your Fecking Dictionary Club." PM Dæmönika to join.

Current Gear: Hamer XT Sunburst Qlt
Epiphone SG G-400
Bugera 333 212

Roland Cube 60
+ some pedals.

I can get them both for £145 actually.

Epiphone SG G-400
Bugera 333 212

Roland Cube 60
+ some pedals.

Dude the cube is really nice. Specially if you get one with effects, and then you can get the pedal sepeately to control them. that is some extra money but it comes in handy.
My Gear:
Gibson SG special (W/ S.D. Jazz(N) & JB (B))
Mesa-Boogie Solo Triple Rec. (with EL-34's)
Boss DD-6 Digital Delay
Boss TU-2 Chromatic tuner
(what else do i need)

Where i work:
www.beanstalkmusic.com
the UK amp models on the Vox are pretty awesome, but the metal one is kinda lame, goes good with pedals too i think
Member of 7-string Legion
Wields S7320

. .___.
. (O,o)
. /)__)
. ^ ^

. O rly?
Quote by TIMshady1stLP
Dude the cube is really nice. Specially if you get one with effects, and then you can get the pedal sepeately to control them. that is some extra money but it comes in handy.

You can get that with the Vox as well.

If i were you, i'd get the Vox, i prefer it, cause of the better clean tones, and classic rock stuff. Go for the cube if you prefer hi gain (metal) stuff.

BTW, try and save up some extra cash for a higher wattage version of them, it'll be much better in the long run, and you wont be heard over a drummer with 30 watts. And 50 or 60 watts is just about enough to do so.
Ibanez SR505
Ashdown ABM 300 EVO II
Epifani UL410
Cube 30x, ESPECIALLY for the band's you mentioned. This is from a proud Cube 60 owner. Good luck dude.
Celtic FootballClub1888
I don't like the Vox AD30, 50, or 100.

I recommend used from a private party. You'll find a better deal on a better amp than what you're thinking of getting.
Hi, I'm Peter
How much would a larger Cube or Vox be then?

Epiphone SG G-400
Bugera 333 212

Roland Cube 60
+ some pedals.

Personally I'd go for the Cube, it would suit the sorta semi high gain tones of Muse and Lost prophets

the Cube 30 would do fine, but if you can stretch the budget a bit, I think you'd appreciate a Cube 60 much more
Is the 60 just better than the 30 altogether, with the same features and effects etc.?

Epiphone SG G-400
Bugera 333 212

Roland Cube 60
+ some pedals.

Well its higher wattage, so it'll be able to handle lower wattages (bedroom practice for example) a lot better.

and it also has footswitchable options for all of its effects, ie different channels, reverb, delay/chorus etc....

without a footswitch really I consider those effects useless
I've ordered the Roland Cube 60, not sure if it's any good because I haven't tried it yet but I trust your opinions lads! By the way can you order footswitches? The one I ordered didn;t mention it!

Epiphone SG G-400
Bugera 333 212

Roland Cube 60
+ some pedals.

I'd imagine you'd want the latching type footswitches (the ones you don't need to hold down to keep them activated)

so look you might want to look into the Boss FS-5l, be it on ebay or wherever. Just speaking from experience as I own one and it has never let me down...and in the 2 years I've had it I've never had to change the battery
Boss FS-6 Dual Footswitch works best with Cube 20x and up.
Fender Malmsteen Strat > Boss NS2 Noise Suppressor > NS2 Send > NeoClassic 3080 Compressor > NeoClassic 741 Overdrive > NS2 Return > NS2 Output > VHT Special 6 Ultra Amp > Amp Send > MXR Carbon Copy Analog Delay > Boss RC3 Loop Station > Amp Return
Roland Cubes are great for metal tones and it is modelled around a peavey 6505 (i think?)
Quote by Pookie6
Yngwi3, You win this whole monstrosity of a thread.

Quote by uk.mace
For the best tingle, use Original Source mint. That shit feels amazing on your balls.

Godfather of The Diezel Mafia