...or is it among? Anyway...

I'm looking for something that will get me a good hard rock / alternative-style sound but that could also do metal okay. Basically, I like to play hard rock, and I write a lot of metal riffs, but I'm not really interested in my sound being very "beefy" and bassey and whatnot. So far from what I've looked at on the specs, I'm looking at these three:

Duncan SH-5 Duncan Custom
DiMarzio Super 2
DiMarzio D Activator

All of them are for the bridge. What do you all think? Or other suggestions?
the Duncan JB may be the one you're looking for. it can handle most rock/metal styles well. best suited for hard rock, with great harmonics and a solid clean sound as well. it can definetely do metal, but that's more your amp than anything.

you can get a Duncan JB/Jazz set for $130 together, not a bad deal. at least I didn't think so when I bought it.
From what you've said you want to play the Custom is way out in front. Dimarzio Norton would be another option.
Actually called Mark!

Quote by TNfootballfan62
People with a duck for their avatar always give good advice.

...it's a seagull

Quote by Dave_Mc
i wanna see a clip of a recto buying some groceries.

stuffmycatswatchontv.tumblr.com
Quote by GrimaceRocker
the Duncan JB may be the one you're looking for. it can handle most rock/metal styles well. best suited for hard rock, with great harmonics and a solid clean sound as well. it can definetely do metal, but that's more your amp than anything.

you can get a Duncan JB/Jazz set for $130 together, not a bad deal. at least I didn't think so when I bought it.

I personally am a fan of the JB/Jazz setup so when I bought by Schecter C-1+, I was somewhat happy with the stock pickups (Duncan Designed HB-102). This setup is modeled after the JB/Jazz pickups. I believe these are the ones on the Schecter Ultra that you have so if you are looking for a completely different sound, then go for a different set up. I personally like the versitility of having this setup.

What amp are you using?? I played my C-1+ on many amps and the stock pickups sound completely different on all amps. Horrible (IMO) on any Marshall MG practice amps, great on my Vox AD30VT, and crunchy on Line6 spider II amps. I am not a pro so I do not have the ability to plug into any high end stage setups. The amp will either make your current setup sound good or bad. If you have the ability to go into a GC or somewhere like that and play your guitar through other amps, see how it sounds.

If all else fails, then replace your pickups. I have many friends that replaced stock pickups when they are playing through a crappy Fender 15w frontman.

EDIT: Sorry, didnt see your sig.
Gear

EB MusicMan JP6 - Pearl White
Gibson LP Studio - Silverburst
Schecter C-1 Classic - Quilted Blue
Schecter Banshee (x2) - Marine Blue
Taylor GS-Mini
Blackstar HT-5 Mini Half Stack
Line 6 HD500
I'm not a fan of my HB-102 though... it's just not... enough. I don't know. It just seems like I want something with a little more output.
Well, I'd say the Duncan Custom, seeing as how I have one in my LP. It's really nice, as it's able to solo very well and it does rhythm pretty great, too. However, this is just a beefed up version of the Duncan JB. If you're not interested in having a pickup with a good amount of testosterone, then go with the Duncan JB.
Custom's nothing like the JB - the JB is way treblier and tends towards thin.
Actually called Mark!

Quote by TNfootballfan62
People with a duck for their avatar always give good advice.

...it's a seagull

Quote by Dave_Mc
i wanna see a clip of a recto buying some groceries.

stuffmycatswatchontv.tumblr.com
However, this is just a beefed up version of the Duncan JB.

As I mentioned before, the Duncan Custom is less thin and has less treble because the bass/mids are slightly increased. Aside from the outputs of the pickups, the two pickups are pretty much the same. Except, they have different magnets. Swap them and you get the other pickup or a Duncan Distortion.
Out of your choices, I'd select the Custom.

Quote by GrimaceRocker
a solid clean sound as well.

I think the clean is horrendous; to each their own

If you want a very trebly pickup, the JB would do it.
Recognized by the Official EG/GG&A Who To Listen To List 2008
Quote by utsapp89
^I'd let a pro look at it. Once you get into the technicalities of screws...well, it's just a place you don't want to be, friend.