having a huge problem learning what scales go with what chords is there anything you guys can recommend so i can get this down? If you need anymore info ask. Thanks Alot!
sex is like math: you add the bed, subtract the clothes, divide the legs and pray to god you don't multiply.

currently been playing guitar for: 12-13 months
You need to learn the 12 keys. And then you need to learn how chords are formed (what things like "augmented" and "diminished" mean). Once you know those 2 things, you can figure out what notes are in what chords, and then relate that to the different keys. So, for instance, if all the chords are made up of notes with no enharmonics (so C, D, E, F, G, A, B), you know that they're in the key of C and therefore you can use the C major (or its relative minor, A) to solo over the progression.
Hi, I'm Peter
Last edited by Dirk Gently at Feb 13, 2007,
Learn the notes on the E string. Thats gonna be a big key to learning scales like the penatonic and the major/minor. I could say a whole lot more, but its one of those things thats kinda all jumbled up in my head: I know it, I wanna be able to teach you, but its just too hard to do with out a guitar in my hands to help.
Gear
Epiphone Les Paul Standard Plus Top w/ Seymour Duncans
Epiphone Les Paul Standard Plain Top w/ Dimarzios
Peavey Windsor Halfstack
MXR Distortion III
Dunlop Jazz 3 picks (Red)
DR Tite-fit 10's
Monster Cables
but dont go strait in and use all of the relative minors, only certain notes will sound good over certain chords inthe relative minor
Quote by Izdigger
Arrrgh! The agony! Bring me a virgin and a cup of Devil's brew!

Quote by mr kipling
I can sweep with my boner.I have to use light strings, otherwise My penis will look like an emo wrist.
Ok thanks ill try to start learning that.
sex is like math: you add the bed, subtract the clothes, divide the legs and pray to god you don't multiply.

currently been playing guitar for: 12-13 months