Wow, so I've heard a LOT of stuff about Stevie Ray Vaughan on UG but until today didn't know anything by him. Now I listened to him doing "Voodoo Child" and it is insanely good, properly about as good as the original, which I realised after the thread about Zakk Wylde doing it is hard to attain.
Last edited by shav0r at Feb 13, 2007,
I like him too, "Texas flood" and such are great, I was in the same boat as you like 6 months or so, again, always listening about this guy here and there and never getting a chance to listen to him.
Duke Ellington - If it sounds good, it is good.
Quote by sashki
Congratulations!

Now go buy his greatest hits.

eww, greatest hits are for casual fans who can't handle a whole album.
Quote by unplugtheradio

Not true! [runs off crying, third time today]

Greatest hits, quite often, offer a load of Greatest Hits, believe it or not, in a handy package.

Not all albums are concept albums. They're just collections of songs. It doesn't matter what order they're in. So picking out the good ones won't harm anyone.

I'd still love the No More Tears album if it didn't have Zombie Stomp on it.
Quote by unplugtheradio

Or it might be a cost efficient way to get introduced to a new artist.
Quote by RHCP94
It's an option for the "Which one of E Daws parents are uglier?" thread.
Quote by E Daws
Or it might be a cost efficient way to get introduced to a new artist.

it's also the cheap pussy way.
Quote by unplugtheradio

Yeah, because it makes sense to buy a whole load of albums, THEN realise you don't like it.
R E G G A E
Quote by TheDarkestNights
Yeah, because it makes sense to buy a whole load of albums, THEN realise you don't like it.

you dont buy all at once.

you find out which album is most liked amongst fans then you start there.
Quote by unplugtheradio

Yeah! They are pussies for wanting to get the cheapest album, with a selection of the most popular songs!
i just have a moral qualm with GH packages.

too many times people get them and just settle with those songs and good songs that werent singles get lost.
I take Unplugtheradio's side.

Greatest Hits are just money makers, but albums are music.
For long you live and high you fly
But only if you ride the tide
And balanced on the biggest wave
You race toward an early grave.

Ben Hamelech
Quote by unplugtheradio
i just have a moral qualm with GH packages.

too many times people get them and just settle with those songs and good songs that werent singles get lost.

But, not all Greatest Hits consist of singles. And I don't know anyone who only has just a greatest hits of a band.
Quote by _Mayday_
But, not all Greatest Hits consist of singles. And I don't know anyone who only has just a greatest hits of a band.

oh god, i know plenty.

but either way, ask any serious musician if they like greatest hits and they'll usually turn sour.

a lot of greatest hits packages (i think jamiroquai's latest was one) were released just to get him off the label since he had one more album owed to the label.
Quote by unplugtheradio
but either way, ask any serious musician if they like greatest hits and they'll usually turn sour.

....and?

Quote by unplugtheradio
a lot of greatest hits packages (i think jamiroquai's latest was one) were released just to get him off the label since he had one more album owed to the label.

...and?
Quote by _Mayday_
....and?

...and?

and i believe GH's packages are subpar.

keep in mind, this excludes box sets.

i just got the tom petty 6 cd box set.
Quote by _Mayday_

*raises hand*

I only get 'em when I'm just getting into bands though, and normally only if I can't find owt else by the artist - which is more often then you may think with 70's punk bands that aren't the Sex Pistols.
Super Leeds and Classy Cas!
Quote by sashki
Not true! [runs off crying, third time today]

Greatest hits, quite often, offer a load of Greatest Hits, believe it or not, in a handy package.

Not all albums are concept albums. They're just collections of songs. It doesn't matter what order they're in. So picking out the good ones won't harm anyone.

I'd still love the No More Tears album if it didn't have Zombie Stomp on it.

yeah but i am a firm believer in the fact that SRV NEVER wrote a bad song. All the stuff on his albums is amazing. Get them in order or all at once.