My mate has a squire p-bass and recently his sister dropped it and the pickups are nackered! He needs some cheep replacment ones (no more than about £40) untill he can afford a new bass in about 8 months time
Any suggestions?
He plays metal

cheers
You're So Scene Right Now ^_^

Quote by Kensai
Finally his girlfriend found out what it was like giving oral sex to fishsmelling genital organs.
How did it drop so that the pickups got messed with? Did it fall onto a protruding object or something?!
it was onto concrete from quite a height... the pickups where the only thing damaged apart from a chip in the body
You're So Scene Right Now ^_^

Quote by Kensai
Finally his girlfriend found out what it was like giving oral sex to fishsmelling genital organs.
Wilkinson pick ups aren't too expensive and are ok for that p-bass sound, not sure how much a Duncan Designed would set you back, but I wouldn't think that much.
Whell if you want you can jsut get new better pickups for that bass instead of getting a whole new Bass. Like Seymor Duncan quarterpound pickups, Dimarzio pickups, or Rio Grande pickups.
http://www.warmoth.com/pickups/pickups.cfm?fuseaction=bass_pickups

New pickups dramaticly changes the sound of a Bass. usually if you spend enough, the Bass sounds better than it did!

Or you can get 12$ pickups.
http://www.guitarpartsusa.com/item--Guitar-Pickups-P-Bass-Black-Plastic-Covers--PROD144
Well, if he's gonna get a new bass in 8 months i'd leave it buggered for the minute, unless of course he's got a gig/show coming up soon, but if not, leave it screwed up and replace the pickups at a later date...
positive its not just a loose wire or something? i wouldn't go replacing an entire server if i got a 404 error
Cort lover of the Bass Militia. PM Nutter_101 to join.
On cheating in a relationship...

Quote by metaldud536
If he doesn't use a gameshark, it's not cheating.

I'm a non-regular regular old user.
Quote by indie-bassist
Aren't they pickup covers?

I don't think so, by the looks of the page you can get them in different colours, so those are just the black ones.