Does anyone thing its worth getting a rhythem guitarist if you have to write they're parts and mostly likely record their parts, using them only as an onstage person?
My Gear:
Peavey 6505+
Marshall 1960B
Schecter Hellraiser Avenger
Ibanez VBT700
Marshall Guv'nor
Marshall Echohead
Morley Tremonti Wah
Boss TU-2
Boss NS-2
EHX Holy Grail Reverb
Furman SPB 8C
Boss Flange
if the songs sound better with a second guitar then yes, of course it is

why can they not record their own parts though
the writing makes a little sense to me, but recording their own part should be no problem

and is this going to be like in green day and quite a few other bands where he has to stand off in the shadows while the rest of the band is in the spot light?? hah
If you feel like you need one, yes.

I mean...if you're the lead player, and you know what sound you want and you found someone who is willing to just do it, I dont see why not.

However.... I guess it depends on why you will be doing the recording...
are they not capable of playing straight enough to record?
in that case.... probably not....
Quote by sluffinator
Yeh this guy knows his ****... just listen to him XD

Quote by ScreamingCheeto
NaivexLi is anything but naive. His post was a pretty good source of info.

Thanks

Quote by MightyAl

Pro tip, kids - girls are NOT impressed by your blood.
a lot of bands use a stage guitarist, but find out how they feel about it. they might want to contribute to the band too
gear

Fender Standard Tele (with kill-switch)
PRS SE Custom
Fender Hot Rod Deville
Boss DD-3 Delay
Boss GE-7 Eq
Boss DS-1 distortion
Electro-Harmonix Big Muff
Boss CS-3 Compression
Digitech Whammy
Dunlop ZW-45 Zakk Wylde Signature wah
When you record, if you're recording parts which would require a second guitarist if performed live, make them subtle, that way it makes it sound better on record but just slightly rawer live.

Don't play a load of silly fills you'll never be able to pull off.

However, a second guitarist joining you band could free you up during the 'single' parts to really throw some shapes.
^^I prefer the sound of one guitarist bands live.

Its just everyone else wants a second.
My Gear:
Peavey 6505+
Marshall 1960B
Schecter Hellraiser Avenger
Ibanez VBT700
Marshall Guv'nor
Marshall Echohead
Morley Tremonti Wah
Boss TU-2
Boss NS-2
EHX Holy Grail Reverb
Furman SPB 8C
Boss Flange
I actually do that with my band. And the reason i recorded his parts is just because he was never really around.

2 guitars are pretty useful though, i must admit
In my opinion, a second guitarist fills out the band's sound quite nicely, live and in the studio. If you want to only use the guy for gigs, that's fine, but see if he can write his own parts and play them when you're recording. That will free you up to concentrate fully on your own parts.
"Notes are expensive. . .use them wisely"-B.B. King

"It's been very important throughout my career that I've met all the guys I've copied, because at each stage they've said, 'Don't play like me, play like you."-Eric Clapton