So I've been spending a lot of time online recently finding site to promote my band and our music, which most of the time results in my creating a profile and never really seeing anything come from it. Most of the sites I've found are like underground things just getting started and have come as almost no help at all to me.
Aside from the obvious (Pure Volume and Myspace) does anyone know of any sites out there that are really good for getting your name out there in the musical world...and also just so happen to be free??
You could always make your own site.
My Gear:
Peavey 6505+
Marshall 1960B
Schecter Hellraiser Avenger
Ibanez VBT700
Marshall Guv'nor
Marshall Echohead
Morley Tremonti Wah
Boss TU-2
Boss NS-2
EHX Holy Grail Reverb
Furman SPB 8C
Boss Flange
Quote by zer0monkey

and then it simply becomes another site just getting started that really doesn't do me any good

Take that link and post it everywhere you can. Get a forum section.

Most importantly: Get a street team.
My Gear:
Peavey 6505+
Marshall 1960B
Schecter Hellraiser Avenger
Ibanez VBT700
Marshall Guv'nor
Marshall Echohead
Morley Tremonti Wah
Boss TU-2
Boss NS-2
EHX Holy Grail Reverb
Furman SPB 8C
Boss Flange
This isn't a site, but an idea. I don't know how old you are so...I don't know if you're in college yet or what but...my college has a student run radio, and when I had my show I used to have 20 minutes dedicated to Unsigned bands that I knew where I would play their stuff, give out information e.g Websites, Band Members, if they had any current CDs for sale or tracks for download etc.
So if you've got a situation like that somewhere....or maybe a locally run radio station then you could look into that.