Ok, I've got a Battle of the Bands coming up, and my band is feeling pretty confident about it. Unfortunately, I've just found out that we are partially scored on "showmanship", and we have a habit of looking like a bunch of stiffs for the first five minutes of a set (until we loosen up a little). We're only allowed to play a ten-minute set, so us standing around half the time is not good.

Anyone got any tips on how to be a good showman?
Quote by Kai-7
You are the greatest. Wow. CaptainWow

Bumblebee of the Mighty Autobots. PM Kankuro to join.
UG Irish Clan - Póg mo thóin
Metals Fetishist of the"Please Sir, I want GORE" Club - UG Horror Fans and Gorehounds Unite!
Get really high first and then you'll kinda just go with what your playing. Feel the music, and don't worry about looking stupid.
Nikolas
id say smoke one before going out you get all the courage and not really any of the impairment that drinking gives you, also i find it make me think i sound better lol so then i feel more confident in my own music, other wise i dunno if your not into that then just force your self to act like your not a stuffy :P
fender strat
fender acoustic
line6 spider 2 150 watt
can of, rock your face off

..................you cant spell crap without rap.......................
band circle jerk before hand?
Quote by Soma3009

I'm wearing my batman outfit to school tomorrow. Only problem is, the legs are spandex. So, my balls competely stand out. Is there ANY possible way around this?

Quote by futurejimmypage
like my band wants to have like kickass nick names. names like synyster gates etc.
^^i hear fall out boy does that before every show..
Quote by Soma3009

I'm wearing my batman outfit to school tomorrow. Only problem is, the legs are spandex. So, my balls competely stand out. Is there ANY possible way around this?

Quote by futurejimmypage
like my band wants to have like kickass nick names. names like synyster gates etc.
DON'T get stoned before stage or else you'll look like a bunch of stiff people and play really bad while doing it. watch some maiden videos they are really active on stage and watch dimebag on stage he moves alot and it looks natural then practice the moves with your band while your jammin but don't make them look forced or anything you don't even have to do any kind of moves just watch and learn i guess...
UNLEASH THE FOCKING BURGERS
Ok, we've got:

- Stretch
- Get high
- Have a smoke
- Have a drink or two
- Circle jerk
- Act natural

The middle four are right out, thanks for taking the time to post, though.

Thanks to GiantRaven and Shredder6 for their helpful contributions. I need more though, guys, so keep the answers coming.
Quote by Kai-7
You are the greatest. Wow. CaptainWow

Bumblebee of the Mighty Autobots. PM Kankuro to join.
UG Irish Clan - Póg mo thóin
Metals Fetishist of the"Please Sir, I want GORE" Club - UG Horror Fans and Gorehounds Unite!
in the words of Dr Rockzo, DO COCAINE!
Or more reasonable get worked up into a frenzy before hand. You know just be a bunch of wilder teenagers. Then when the times comes you should do fine.