i played a warwick corvette fretless the other day and really liked it

however im not a fan of the general warwick body style and weight so what would be a good other kind of fretless bass?
Soul Collector of the BassMilitia PM Dinkydaisy

Co-leader of The league of toxicity33, Kankuro, Dr. Gonzo Slash, DownInAHole, Synyster Gates, This End Up, and Neil_.

You should've used the Pythagorean Theorem, BITCH

BLALLALALASSISSIS *shank*
In the same price range, the Stingray fretless is very nice.

Fretless Jazz basses are also pretty good.
Quote by MetalUpTheAss
Sounds to me like an excuse.

"Honey, I've got to buy a new bass! This diamond is made of a dead guy! I made him a promise!"

Most Bitter/Cynical member of the Bass Militia. PM DinkyDaisy to join.
^ stingray is a bit far out of my range

although i have heard those are great

Co-leader of The league of toxicity33, Kankuro, Dr. Gonzo Slash, DownInAHole, Synyster Gates, This End Up, and Neil_.

Fender Standard Fretless Jazz is good, I have one. Also, if you've got a bit more to spend, look into a Schecter Stiletto Studio-4 Fretless. I want one but can't get one due to that whole "I spent more money than I actually have and now have to pay back the rest"......................thing.

Musician's Friend links:
Schecter Studio 4 Fretless
Fender Fretless Jazz

Official sites:
Schecter Studio Fretless
Fender Fretless Jazz
Now introducing: thefitz: thegame. It's what all the cool kids are playing!

For rules and details please see thefitz's signature. Fett13 Inc. is not responsible for any injuries or loss of life resulting from thefitz: thegame
©2008 Fett13 Inc.
jazzes are ok from what ive played of them (MIM'S only tho)

and the studio is really nice (i have a schecter stilleto myself [vampyre red]) but i hate lined fretlesses

American-made Fender Jazz bass fretless' are very good. Personally, I prefer fretboards with no lines (like the Warwick) or with both fretlines and dot markers (like the Jaco sig, or American Deluxe Fender Jazz fretless). Fingerboards with just fretlines confuse me.
Quote by Cody_Grey102
I was looking at a used Warwick Vampyre LTD 5'er for about $200. I went home to grab my wallet and came back and some jerk with an epic beard got it already..
^whats up with that cover thing?

Second Pickup cover / Hand rest.
Some players use it some players remove it...
Old school
oh..

seems to me like itd get in the way (never played with one tho)

This one has (despite its fabulous condition) toured USA, Japan and UK in its 28 years. Solid Mahogany, Ebony fretboard, and makes me wanna play and play...
Quote by DCatHome
This one has (despite its fabulous condition) toured USA, Japan and UK in its 28 years. Solid Mahogany, Ebony fretboard, and makes me wanna play and play...

You sound like you're trying to sell it , moreover you're not actually helping.

On-Topic: Yeah, if i was you I'd go for a fender Jazz, i played a fretless one once, it was very nice
If you are a Jaco fretless fan, try something with an Ebonol fingerboard. Ebonol fingerboards don't restrict you to using flatwound strings on it. You can use Rotosounds, like Jaco did. Squier makes a decent enough Jaco lookalike fretless with an Ebonol FB. Ebonol doesn't growl like rosewood does, but it doesn't wear at all.

My fingerboard is epoxied... if you can find someone to do that, i recommend doing it wholeheartedly.
Quote by Cody_Grey102
I was looking at a used Warwick Vampyre LTD 5'er for about $200. I went home to grab my wallet and came back and some jerk with an epic beard got it already..
Used Stingray FTW. It'll be like, 850-900 bucks. If you can afford a Warwick, you can afford that.
haha
Quote by Zaphod_Beeblebr
You sound like you're trying to sell it , moreover you're not actually helping.

On-Topic: Yeah, if i was you I'd go for a fender Jazz, i played a fretless one once, it was very nice

Sorry not for sale
Sorry I got emotional
Sorry I can't help
Hope I'm forgiven (humble)
Swedish and Original
read the first post perhaps moron?^^

Quote by Synyster Gates
read the first post perhaps moron?^^

Clearly a different kind of forum... Hope you find what you like deserve. Bye
Swedish and Original
hm?

was i talking to you?

no

i like that bass but its really unavailable

so that = unhelpful but appreciated

Jazz Mandolin Project
Ernie Ball Musicman Stingray > Digitech BP200 > Gallien Krueger 400RBIII/115

Co-President of the fIREHOSE fANCLUB. PM Me, Tedrick, or Incubus_Science to join.

Quote by crazypeanutman

damn yertle, you got some groove