Ok, so i decided to put some heavier strings on my strat i just got for christmas. I used to have normal regular gauge strings on it but when i tried to put the new 11s on and tried to tune the guitar the bridge started pulling forward way to much. It also will never stay in tune for even a second. Do i need to adjust something with the bridge or is something else wrong? Thanks for the help.
I just got new strings to downtune, so i got 11's. I would say that yours are too tight and you need to losen them, but i really wouldn't know.

Origionaly Posted by CTFOD
Origionaly Posted by hownowbrowncow:
Get a new bicycle
Then you can ride it with no handlebars.

No handlebars.

No handlebars...
Your tremolo is set for 9's. If you want to use heavier strings you will have to tighten the spring claw in the back of the guitar and maybe add a spring.
Going heavier gauge requires having your guitar setup for it. Nothing major. If you can do it go for it. If you can afford it have it set up professionally.
"I can play pretty fast on an instrument and I can do some pretty dazzling things if I want, but that only goes so far. You know, that's only going to interest people to a certain degree, it only has a certain stimulation." ~Steve Vai~