As the title says. i need to learn some new stuff. oh and it would sue be nice if you could post a link to a power tab or prefferably GP tab.
Last edited by toddpens8771 at Feb 13, 2007,
System of a down doesn't have to many solos but a few of the are tuned in CGCFAD and the one that are, are easy
Most songs by Bullet for my Valentine.
Quote by demoniacfashion
Is there any black people on UG?
I don't think a lot of black people play guitar anymore.

Quote by Oasis-fanatic
they all kinda went extinct after hendrix really.

Needless to say, I lol'ed.

Quote by human panda
Appart from being on UG or wanking, thats what i mostly do
i highly recommend Atreyu for beginners. As i lay dying is really good too but its a little harder. Oh yea and Atreyu's old stuff their new stuff doeslnt have too many really destinctive guitar... and why do u need guitar pro??? just look up good old fashioned tabbs.
"I can't live my life alwayz worried about what if....
cuz what if i die tomorrow and i never even lived!"
Thanks everyone. Ill try some SOAD songs, the only song i know by them is Revenga and B4MV is my favorite band, but-and please excuse my noobness-i cant play any of their solos yet. Ill try a new Atreyu song (2nd fav. band) because the only ones i know are 'The Rememberance Ballad' and 'Deanne the Arsonist'.
Quote by toddpens8771
Thanks everyone. Ill try some SOAD songs, the only song i know by them is Revenga and B4MV is my favorite band, but-and please excuse my noobness-i cant play any of their solos yet. Ill try a new Atreyu song (2nd fav. band) because the only ones i know are 'The Rememberance Ballad' and 'Deanne the Arsonist'.

BFMV are your fav band ?????????? Anyone else see something wrong with that ?
Quote by toddpens8771
Fuck you if that was an Emo comment. I don't care what anyone else thinks of them.

HUH ? I'm just saying they only put out one record...give it a little time before you just give a band the "your fav band" tag. Like if you said Maiden is your fav band....I get that...they did some shit....what has BFMV done ? Now don't get me wrong....I dig em but fav band....that's a little much.
Sorry for taking it the wrong way. But i know your right, one CD and thats it. But ever since i listened to them, there everything i ever wanted in a band. They do screams, but not over excessivly, i think matts voice is pretty good, they have great guitar and solos, and the bass is cool too. and theyre drummer isnt too shabby either, also, there from Wales, where my grandmother is from, and i have so much more respect for the UK than i have for the US its not even funny. Oh, and i like how the song titles are actual words in the songs, not like Atreyu. Actually Atreyu is my number 3 band behind Trivium. so thats my lineup. B4MV, Trivium, Atreyu.

thats my life.
Quote by toddpens8771
Sorry for taking it the wrong way. But i know your right, one CD and thats it. But ever since i listened to them, there everything i ever wanted in a band. They do screams, but not over excessivly, i think matts voice is pretty good, they have great guitar and solos, and the bass is cool too. and theyre drummer isnt too shabby either, also, there from Wales, where my grandmother is from, and i have so much more respect for the UK than i have for the US its not even funny. Oh, and i like how the song titles are actual words in the songs, not like Atreyu. Actually Atreyu is my number 3 band behind Trivium. so thats my lineup. B4MV, Trivium, Atreyu.

thats my life.

How old are you ?
Quote by toddpens8771
I'm 17.

Ok... well do yourself and listen to a few more bands cause i guarantee you none of those bands will be your favorites when you're 20.
Ok. um....i dont listen to just 3 bands....and i hope i do discover someone new and better, that just adds to the fun of music.
I highly recomned Racer X to you. They will be an eye opener in terms of musicianship.
Quote by Righteous
Is that Chuck Norris in your avator? I never thought of him as a shredder really... a shredder of bodies maybe.

Member: "I died a little inside when Steve Irwin died...RIP" club. Put in your sig to join

Self Proclaimed Master of Typos
Mmm...
Try psycho solo from system of a down
Its in drop c, its easy and sounds nice.
If you read this, You just lost 5 seconds of your life.
Quote by Warhorse84
BFMV are your fav band ?????????? Anyone else see something wrong with that ?

How about you shut up? I like Bullet for my Valentine, as well. They have some pretty damn good songs and riffs. Don't judge him just because of his musical tastes.

And for the threadstarter. Try Right Side Of The Bed by Atreyu. It's pretty basic.
President of the Guitarists Born In 1991 Club. PM blues rocker or I to join

Quote by RadioHead22
I love you greendayguitar
In a non- gay, awkward-man-hug way
Last edited by greendayguitar at Feb 13, 2007,
Quote by greendayguitar
How about you shut up? I like Bullet for my Valentine, as well. They have some pretty damn good songs and riffs. Don't judge him just because of his musical tastes.

And for the threadstarter. Try Right Side Of The Bed by Atreyu. It's pretty basic.

Hey buddy... um... the thread starter (me) also posted that. And if you had read the other posts, you'd know that they're my favorite band. so how bout you **** off and learn to read.
Quote by toddpens8771
Hey buddy... um... the thread starter (me) also posted that. And if you had read the other posts, you'd know that they're my favorite band. so how bout you **** off and learn to read.

My apologies, man. I quoted the wrong post. I meant to quote the guy slagging you for liking Bullet.
President of the Guitarists Born In 1991 Club. PM blues rocker or I to join

Quote by RadioHead22
I love you greendayguitar
In a non- gay, awkward-man-hug way
I'm using the intro to Bleeding Mascara by Atreyu for practice... try that. Half (or most) of your generic metalcore is in drop C if that helps.
Quote by greendayguitar

Slagging ? What the hell are you talking about ? Did you miss the part where I said I dug em ? My issue wasn't that he liked em...it was that they are his favorite band.
Quote by toddpens8771

You have a really bad temper. Calm down, it's the Internet.
Quote by dudetheman
So what? I wasted like 5 minutes watching DaddyTwoFoot's avatar.

Metalheads are the worst thing that ever happened to metal.
some of the songs arent the easiest but children of bodom uses that tuning and they have some good stuff
Quote by GibsonPuppeteer
I've had the tiny ones in my mouth and accidentally swallowed a bit of the liquid, you should be all right.

Quote by xDie_Romanticx
just dont get it in your eyes and wear gloves
^ +1 to Bodom

As I Lay Dying is one of the few metalcore bands that I like and they have a few solos. Try them out. Their rhythms are really fun to play as well.