I feel a bit noobish, but i can only help myself by asking so oh well.
When you use a metronome, You play one of the notes in the scale your playing every time you hear a click right? Or how else do you use it? I was playing and I just played to the beat, and it was harder, and was just more satisfying. When I play a note every click, it seemed slow. I'm not trying to brag about speed or anything, I simply thought It would be faster. Any help? Thx.
Last edited by Nautaflcl at Feb 13, 2007,
yea pretty much playing exactly with the metronome defeats the point. A metronome is meant to keep u on time so a metronome can be set to any set beat... like ... 2 counts 4 counts 8 counts etc.
"I can't live my life alwayz worried about what if....
cuz what if i die tomorrow and i never even lived!"
i recommend playing power chords fast while keeping on beat.... if that helps.....
"I can't live my life alwayz worried about what if....
cuz what if i die tomorrow and i never even lived!"
the click is just for the beat, if you set your metronome at 80 bpm, with 4/4 1 measure (is that what its called in english?) or bar is 4 quarter notes. 1 click means 1 quarter note, if you have to play eights, you can set your metronome to that (at least mine is capable of doing that) or you just count a long 1 - and - 2 and - 3 - and -4 and 1 etc. so you don't have to do everything on the click, that would make music real dull, the click is just to tell you where you are in the bar. hope that helped
Quote by Aidy Damage
There are countries outside of America and music other than metal

Member of The White Stripes club
the metronome is just there to give you a steady pulse it's up to you how to divide it.
Like 1 ,2 , 3, 4, 5 or more notes. And add variations in those too.

Edit: Just read what the guy above me posted much simpler and more throghout.