This has got to be the perfect place to put this.

I hate modern music because it is appreaciated for the wrong reason. Most modern music idols (rap groups, modern rock, etc.) are famous for the wrong reasons. The first thing is they are famous for their members, some people use old fame, some are famous because girls think the members look good. And the part that makes it worse is that their lyrics suck even more. Either they don't make sense, they are interpreted wrongly, or they can be understood. Take Hinder for instance. Most peole don't understand the meaning of Lips of an Angel and they say it's a sweet song. Girls shouldn't sing songs like Moneymaker or Miss New Booty unless their lesbo's. And I don't even want to get to Death Metal. Classic Rock though, it's screaming vocals but they're fairly easy to understand, and the plus side is that they have great lyrics.

Okay, anybody elses turn?
This thread reminds me of this quote. You're very close minded.

Quote by SethMegadefan
That is one of the most ignorantly over-generalized statements I've ever read. "These new bands..." you do know that there are literally thousands of new bands out now. Tens of thousands. Hell, probably hundreds of thousands. You're telling me that none of them possess technical virtuosity? Not that that's even an important factor in music, but still; there are incredibly talented bands out there. And there are crappy bands out there. People who live in the mainstream tend to be stuck in this state of mind that no new band could possibly be good simply because new mainstream stuff isn't good. That's completely absurd. No offense meant, but just to generally anyone; think before you type stuff. I mean, really.

Think about this.
LOL
indeed, although a lot of modern music is terrible, its probably just because theres more of it

i tend not to let things i cant change bother me
Yeah i dont get how once a striper next an actor next the try and sing. i really dont get wat there trying to do!
There are plenty of good bands out there. You got to look in the right places.
When they kick at your front door
how are you gonna come
with your hands on your head
or on the trigger of your gun
Quote by aznwarlord

I hate modern music because it is appreaciated for the wrong reason. Most modern music idols (rap groups, modern rock, etc.) are famous for the wrong reasons. The first thing is they are famous for their members, some people use old fame, some are famous because girls think the members look good. And the part that makes it worse is that their lyrics suck even more. Either they don't make sense, they are interpreted wrongly, or they can be understood. Take Hinder for instance. Most peole don't understand the meaning of Lips of an Angel and they say it's a sweet song. Girls shouldn't sing songs like Moneymaker or Miss New Booty unless their lesbo's. And I don't even want to get to Death Metal. Classic Rock though, it's screaming vocals but they're fairly easy to understand, and the plus side is that they have great lyrics.

You are an idiot who has no idea what he is talking about.
Quote by allchavsrgay
Yeah i dont get how once a striper next an actor next the try and sing. i really dont get wat there trying to do!

That I'll agree with.

LOL
what the hell happened to fun music,
everythings depressing and about the same thing e.g. boy meets girl ends in heartbreak so on...
I wouldn't sy tens of thousands of new bands, but I haven't seen one with the great capacities of musical talent come out this year or last. I did not say this, but my statement also does not include new albums, only new bands. So if an old kickass band makes a new kickass album, well, they don't count.

If it makes the writer of that happier, this statement only includes the majority of bands. If there is a new, 2005-2007 band that doesn't write about break ups, cheating on girls, being pissed off at nothing, and is understandable, say it, and I'll consider them after listening to a demo or something.
i'm one of the biggest fans of classic rock and old blues there is, and i hated modern music for a long time. the only mainstream band i like was the white stripes a few years ago. after searching a little more and trying new things there are many modern bands i like, tho they aren't necessarily mainstream: the black angels, secret machines, derek trucks (****in' awesome), the black keys, railroad earth and a shit load of others....i just think the main problem with your comment is that you haven't search deep enough! keep digging! (here's a hint: http://www.archive.org/details/etree) modern shows, classic shows!!!
Quote by Rock1986
There are plenty of good bands out there. You got to look in the right places.

To add, I'd say that's impossible. If theres a band with songs about living free and easy with people who do what they say, then they aren't giving themselves attention.

And with fun music, why aren't bands doing Rock 'n' Roll and Hard Rock anyway? The only new band I can remember doing Rock and Roll in recent times wold be Jet.
Last edited by aznwarlord at Feb 13, 2007,
I miss Sethmegadefan, damn wii.

But yeah i'll definately agree the whole stripper > actor > singer thing is very messed up you need to know where to look there are plenty of great bands today, listen to The Derek Trucks Band or try Rage Against The Machine or many others, you just gotta look and listen a bit. Either way why should we care everyone hear buys classic rock CD's and listens to music they like. Let other music be as long as I have good music to listen to i'm not goinna care.
High Cardinal of Zeppelinism PM TheHeartbreaker to join and
"Co-Founder (and Yoda) of the Star Wars Universe. PM me or SethMegadefan to join.

' " The last enemy that shall be destroyed is death"...'-p.269-Deathly Hallows
Yeah, because there wasn't loads of really shit bands back in the day .
Quote by CornLord
Derigiberble would win in a fight against any UGer, n00b or not, just because most people on the site can't help but love him/her.

Get, Get, Get, Get, Get Out And Push.
Quote by aznwarlord
I wouldn't sy tens of thousands of new bands, but I haven't seen one with the great capacities of musical talent come out this year or last. I did not say this, but my statement also does not include new albums, only new bands. So if an old kickass band makes a new kickass album, well, they don't count.

If it makes the writer of that happier, this statement only includes the majority of bands. If there is a new, 2005-2007 band that doesn't write about break ups, cheating on girls, being pissed off at nothing, and is understandable, say it, and I'll consider them after listening to a demo or something.

Once again, incredibly narrow-minded. And yes, there probably are tens of thousands of new bands, including more than just the united states

Open your eyes. Dig deeper. Get involved in your local music. Then you can look back on this thread and laugh at yourself.
Quote by aznwarlord

I take it you haven't heard of Dave Matthews then. He incorporates blues and acoustic rock in his music and doesn't write about those subjects.
LOL
well, it's kinda not the perfect place to put this, because you're talking about all of modern music, but you're confining it to the classic rock forums.

and no, i don't hate modern music, i hate the people who listen to it and make it famous for those reasons. you should probably think about why you hate something, because you just named the real reason you're displeased without even realizing it.

people are sheep, that will never change. i agree with DownInAHole in that you're close-minded.

and why is it that you don't want to get started on death metal? it would seem to me that you're the typical 12-year-old who cant stand metal because of all the screaming.

oh, and they don't scream in classic rock, dummy.
Millie, my Peavey Grind Fiver
Peavey BAM 210 350w combo amp
Sansamp Bass Driver DI
Modded Ernie Ball VP Jr.
Monster Bass Cable, 21'

Quote by NakedBassist
Welcome to bass, you'll f*cking love it
Last edited by t3hrav3n at Feb 13, 2007,
please just stop complaining. i know a lot of music out today isnt good, but these people make a living out of it. they make some catchy songs, some people listen, if you dont like it, dont listen to it. you shouldnt confine yourself to classic rock, there's not much new material coming out of that genre. open up and you'll probably find some good bands out now
gear

Fender Standard Tele (with kill-switch)
PRS SE Custom
Fender Hot Rod Deville
Boss DD-3 Delay
Boss GE-7 Eq
Boss DS-1 distortion
Electro-Harmonix Big Muff
Boss CS-3 Compression
Digitech Whammy
Dunlop ZW-45 Zakk Wylde Signature wah
Quote by aznwarlord

Yes, but Hinder is one of those many bands that are in it for the wrong reasons. like, ok, i listen to nirvana, GNR, hendrix etc... and sure axl does weed, kurt overdosed on heroine and shot himself in the mouth, and hendrix OD'd but hinder is ridiculus. im watching much on demand, and all they talked about was weed, beer and getting laid. day before they came on leah miller (the VJ for those who dont know) was all "hinder is coming tomorrow, i cant wait" then day after shes like "wow, they really arent all that good, they didnt once talk about music just drugs and weed". like, they only just got an album out and already bragging about drugs? yet people love em. we need more bands like wolfmother, not hooked on fame and drugs, but in it for the music. and most importantly, we need dear old axl rose to hurry his ass up and release chinese democracy....... *shruggs* if its not out then theres always velvet revolver's libertard eh? lol
Quote by Derigiberble
Yeah, because there wasn't loads of really shit bands back in the day .

of course not... there was Led Zeppelin and Jimmy is a guitar god who plays like a god with all his technicallity and original work.
"Co-Founder (and Yoda) of the Star Wars Universe. PM me or SethMegadefan to join.

I don't really no about bands that are out at the moment, but the stuff that I heard I thought was terrible, maybe I'm not looking in the right places.

To be honest I think that Classic Rock is amazing and there is so much of it that at the moment I don't need to worry about whats popular especially as long as emo is around anyway
the thing is when I see stuff like Rock Countdown, the songs on it are shit with no meaning that shouldn't be famous. This is what I really meant to say.
Quote by aznwarlord
the thing is when I see stuff like Rock Countdown, the songs on it are shit with no meaning that shouldn't be famous. This is what I really meant to say.

Then don't watch Fuse b/c the vast majority of those bands are pop/punk emo. You're dissing modern rock as a whole. Maybe you should re-word your posts.
LOL
Quote by t3hrav3n
oh, and they don't scream in classic rock, dummy.

If by screaming you mean barking like dogs, they don't, but bands lke the Rolling Stones and AC/DC did sing with a scratchy tone.

I do wish there were more bands like Wolfmother or Jet.

Rewording my posts would take a while and alot of new viewers would be confused by the rest of your posts. How about I say this one thing:

Appreciated music these days really suck. The lyrics have no meaning, they don't have catchy riffs, and they are interpreted badly. I'm talking about emo/pop bands like the Rejects, Panic!, Fallout Boy, and Hinder, with the rest of those weird punk bands like Rise Against and all. I don't think they should be on Countdowns like VSpot or TMinus Rock.
Your dissing "main stram MTV/ Fuse rock" well I think that's obviouse most of us hate that.

Quote by aznwarlord
And the part that makes it worse is that their lyrics suck even more. Either they don't make sense, they are interpreted wrongly, or they can be understood. Take Hinder for instance. Most peole don't understand the meaning of Lips of an Angel and they say it's a sweet song. Girls shouldn't sing songs like Moneymaker or Miss New Booty unless their lesbo's. And I don't even want to get to Death Metal. Classic Rock though, it's screaming vocals but they're fairly easy to understand, and the plus side is that they have great lyrics.

Dude...Lyrics are not easy to write, for one thing to say about this post. I don't know if you've tried, but some people are gifted with the ability to write great lyrics, some aren't. The P-Diddy cover of that "Every Breathe You Take" song has great lyrics. I don't like his version, but I like the story that's told with them. There will always be, and always have been, good and bad bands. The truely great ones will be remembered. But, you miss the point of music entirely with the post:

Music is about personal enjoyment. If you listen to a song, regardless of what genre it is from, or what time period, if you walk away feeling better about yourself, or things going on around you, or if you were in a bad mood and are no longer in that state, then music has helped you. That is why people create music, and regardless of how good or bad the song is, if the listener enjoys what they're hearing, that's all that matters.

Edit: Don't diss Rise Against. I have listened to their music, and songs like Dancing For Rain, and various other good songs from them, are great. They may not contain any kinds of lackluster solos or anything, but soloing isn't for everyone. Just because you like playing these long, extended guitar solos, doesn't mean that everyone else wants to. Keep that in mind also when you dis music from today.
Got Death Magnetic a day early!

The Low-Cardinal of Zeppelinism - If you're a diehard fan of Zeppelin, join Zeppelinism here

Winner of the "Biggest Led Zeppelin Fuck" award in the CR forum (2 years running!)
Last edited by Page&HammettFan at Feb 13, 2007,
mainstream music of today sucks...there are some good bands out there though
The blues had a child...it was called rock and roll
How do you like the edit?

I also like the part in my first posts where chicks shouldn't be singing Moneymaker and Miss New Booty cause that's ****ed up.

edit: you people write to fast I am constantly editing. Anyway, if a band can't write good lyrics, they shouldn't be recognised by awards they don't deserve. There have to be people out there with good lyrics.
I also like the part in my first posts where chicks shouldn't be singing Moneymaker and Miss New Booty cause that's ****ed up.

That's rap!
LOL
Dude... read my last post. Not everyone is good at lyrics. And the song Lips of an Angel has some nice lyrics in it. I personally enjoy them because they are somewhat nice, and the vocal approach makes it kind of cool. It's not my favorite song, but it is different from CR. You can't expect it to be just like the music that you love. People write the music that they love. The same goes for playing and listening in general; You are going to do what you love.
Got Death Magnetic a day early!

The Low-Cardinal of Zeppelinism - If you're a diehard fan of Zeppelin, join Zeppelinism here

Winner of the "Biggest Led Zeppelin Fuck" award in the CR forum (2 years running!)
Wait, what happened. There is a simple answer to this thread. Yes or No and why. That's it. I'm not trying to make a point, I just want to know what other people thought. And really, when I wrote all, it is to say the majority of modern bands, the ones that come to your mind when you hear the word modern rock. When I hear those 2 words, I can only think of emo/pop/punk and say all to mean the majority. And if I didn't put this in the Classic Rock thread, all the emo/ schoolgirls/ both will be having a fit and cutting themselves. I don't see a reason for them to come to the Classic rock Thread.
P&HFan makes sense. If you connect with it or like it nothing elese should matter.

Quote by DownInAHole.
That's rap!

I said Modern Music, not just modern rock, ut since I don't know much about rap, I didn't want to say anything about it.

To the next post, Lips of an Angel shouldn't be labelled sweet though. It's about confessing to his ex girlfriend about the fact his current girlfriend sucks.
Quote by aznwarlord
Wait, what happened. There is a simple answer to this thread. Yes or No and why. That's it. I'm not trying to make a point, I just want to know what other people thought. And really, when I wrote all, it is to say the majority of modern bands, the ones that come to your mind when you hear the word modern rock. When I hear those 2 words, I can only think of emo/pop/punk and say all to mean the majority. And if I didn't put this in the Classic Rock thread, all the emo/ schoolgirls/ both will be having a fit and cutting themselves. I don't see a reason for them to come to the Classic rock Thread.

Because it's a public forum...?
LOL
Quote by Derigiberble
quoted and edited cause the Crowes rock American Minor is good too.

aaaand

***CLOSED***

How to achieve Frank Zappa's guitar tone:
Quote by Thefallofman
Step 1: Buy a Gibson SG
Step 2: Insert Green Ringer, EQ, 3 dead squirrels and a microwave into said SG
Step 3: Plug in and freak the **** out.