can someone please explain to me how eddie tunes his guitar? i know its something along the lines of flattening the b string, but i cant really figure out. thx for the help.
Quote by Seryaph
You need to douse it in a 20/30/50 ratio of mustard/ketchup/horseradish and stroke it as fast as you can untill the mayonaise squirts out. Then consume.
I believe most of his songs are done in Eb, except Unchained which he does in Drop D I think.
i think most of van halen's songs as in half step down tuning.
and there are only a couple of songs in drop D.

i still dont QUITE understand why he invented the d-tuna if he hardly ever uses drop D, but its still cool as sh*t
Top lel.
im tryin to play unchained, and it doesnt sound right standard drop d, but is it 1/2 step down?
Quote by Seryaph
You need to douse it in a 20/30/50 ratio of mustard/ketchup/horseradish and stroke it as fast as you can untill the mayonaise squirts out. Then consume.
Yes, pretty much all of his classic stuff was done tuned 1/2 step down.
Fleet of MiJ Ibanez
Couple of Balls
Peavey & EVH Wolfgangs
Eclipse
Fender HM Strat
Kemper KPA
5150 III 50w & cabs
Actually, a lot of this stuff is a 1/4 step down.
Guitars
Agile 3100 CSB
ESP MH400 w/ Trem-Setter
Epi G-310
Applause Acoustic

Amps
1968 Fender Vibrochamp - Great amp, only $100 fixxer-upper
Line 6 Spider II

REMEMBER, ALL TONE IS SUBJECTIVE!
Its all down 1/2 step down... that means when you plug your guitar into a tuner, you should loosen the knobs till it says Eb for the first Ab for the second and so on for all 6 strings.
In interviews he's said that he flattens his B string slightly to stop chords going out of tune -the guitar uses tempered tuning which means there's always a compromise and some notes will be slightly "out" on the fretboard. However, it's not something you need to worry about.
Actually called Mark!

Quote by TNfootballfan62
People with a duck for their avatar always give good advice.

...it's a seagull

Quote by Dave_Mc
i wanna see a clip of a recto buying some groceries.

stuffmycatswatchontv.tumblr.com
Quote by steven seagull
In interviews he's said that he flattens his B string slightly to stop chords going out of tune -the guitar uses tempered tuning which means there's always a compromise and some notes will be slightly "out" on the fretboard. However, it's not something you need to worry about.

Ya, steven beat me to it.
I do this, too, if I want to use an 'A' shape major chord in a song, with some overdrive. Helps it sound more consonant with the little bit of distortion.
It does put the 'E' shape chords a bit out of tune, though....However, the B string by itself, you won't notice anything out of tune.